Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > Mortal Kombat: Quest for the Moon

Chapter Three: Getting to know you...

by Zpan_Sven 0 reviews

Serenity and Tranquility get to know the Chosen Warriors of the Earth Realm...

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Drama, Romance - Characters: Ami (Mercury), Haruka (Uranus), Makoto (Jupiter), Michiru (Neptune), Minako (Venus), Pluto, Rei (Mars), Saturn, Tuxedo Kamen, Usagi (Moon) - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2005-11-23 - Updated: 2005-11-24 - 2228 words

0Unrated
MORTAL KOMBAT: QUEST FOR THE MOON
AUTHOR: Zpan Sven
E-MAIL: Zpan(underscore)Sven(at)hotmail(dot)com
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Sailor Moon or Mortal Kombat, blah blah blah yadda yadda blah...
SUMMARY: Usagi and Shingo leave their abusive foster family after a fierce argument with Sailor Mars to compete in an ancient and mystical tournament called Mortal Kombat.
CHAPTER SUMMARY: Serenity and Tranquility get to know the Chosen Warriors of the Earth Realm...
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I'm not very fond of Rei/Sailor Mars nor Endymion/Tuxedo Kamen. I have aged Shingo to be Usagi's twin brother instead of her younger one and they live with people they believe to be their foster parents; they are aware the couple is not their biological parents.
"Speech."
'Thoughts.'
/Telepathy/
WARNINGS: Angst, sexual situation, extreme language, and violence.
RATING: PG-13 to R
GENRE: Action & Adventure/Martial Arts/Supernatural
ARCHIVE: ask, and ye shall receive (more than likely)
-
-
-
-
CHAPTER THREE: GETTING TO KNOW YOU...
-
-
-
Serenity entered the cargo hold behind Magnus, one hand on the hilt of her silver scimitar. The blind man stepped aside and the tsuki-hime got a good glimpse at those that were waiting. Tranquility was looking rather amused as he observed the other participants of the tournament. One was another man with brown hair and hazel eyes wearing a black baseball cap, denim pants, white t-shirt, and a police issued bulletproof vest with 'SFCP' written on the front and back of the vest. He was currently nervously checking the ammo in his semi-automatic handgun and darting glances at the others in the room. Serenity could understand his nervousness and Tranquility's amusement; several of the others were rather...unusual.

There was a tall man in a ninja's uniform almost exactly like Scorpious's with the exception of his color being a pale yellow. This ninja had pale yellow eyes and to his left stood the red-haired woman from earlier. The woman was currently tossing a large ball of fire from one hand to another while she glared at another of the room's occupants. The one receiving the death glare was another tall ninja; this one was garbed in blue and black, with obsidian eyes and a red scar running over one eye. This ninja's arms were crossed over his chest and he returned the fiery woman's glare with a disdainful cold stare.

"Everyone, listen and listen good, I'm not in the mood to repeat myself." Rayden said as he stepped into everyone's view. "Shao Khan has been resurrected and is after his former wife, Sindel the Queen of Edenia, whose soul was reborn here in the Earth Realm. We are returning to the isle to combat the forces of OutWorld, and that includes the Emperor himself. While your souls are safe from Shao Khan, your lives are not, so be very careful. Some of you are not familiar with each other; I recommend you begin introducing each other. Kurtis, how about you go first?"

The man in the bulletproof vest jerked slightly and looked at Rayden, "Uh, sure... I'm Sergeant Kurtis Stryker, and I'm a member of the San Francisco Police Department, Riot Control division. Lord Magnus came and told me that my 'destiny is intertwined with the tournament of Mortal Kombat and that I must do my duty to defend the Earth Realm'. I though he was full of it, but then those mutant things attacked... I fought the best I could at first until I was outnumbered - then I ran. I was ambushed by more of those mutants and then this robot thing saved my ass."

The ninja with the scar straightened and stared at Stryker with intent eyes, "Describe the robot."

"Take a look for yourself. Clarimond? Are you there?" Stryker looked around the room, biting his lip.

"Affirmative, Sergeant Stryker," stated a harsh mechanical voice as the air beside Stryker seemed to ripple and a robot that was five feet eight inches in height and encased in a silvery-gray armor appeared. A bluish-grey visor covered where the eyes on a human would be located. It's head turned to stare at Rayden, "Unit designation: Clarimond. Unit Clarimond was developed eighteen years ago and fully constructed two months ago. Mission: protect the Chosen warriors of the Earth Realm in the tournament known as Mortal Kombat."

The scarred ninja snorted, "A cyber to protect us. Ironic."

"Why don't you introduce yourself to the others, Sub-Zero?" Rayden asked the blue and black clad man.

"Fine," Sub-Zero grunted, "I am the sixth generation Lin Kuei warrior who carries the mantle of Sub-Zero; my elder brother, the fifth Sub-Zero was killed in the first Mortal Kombat of this generation by Scorpion. I have left my clan and am now marked for death," as he said that, Sub-Zero pointed to the scar on his face, "I am being pursued by the Lin Kuei's latest experiment in their attempt to create a perfect super-soldier. They are ironically cybers like our new friend over there; hard to believe the monsters I helped to create are hunting me down."

"I'm Lt. Sonya Blade, US Special Forces. This is the third Tournament I've been in. Hopefully this time around, we'll put an end to this shit once and for all." Said the tall blonde woman Serenity had seen earlier on the dock before she pointed to the large man with the biomechanical armor covering his arms. "He's my partner, Major Jackson 'Jax' Briggs."

"I am Lui Kang and she is Kitana." Said the Oriental man with the red bandanna as he gestured to the woman in blue beside him, "I am the current Champion of Mortal Kombat and she is the Princess of the Edenia, daughter of Queen Sindel."

"I am Sabra, daughter of Hanzo Hashabi, also known as Scorpion. My Mother is Khara Khan, the granddaughter of Shao Khan. I lead the ninja clan known as the Sa'hill and am the Elemental Guardian of Fire," stated the red haired woman as she pointed to the ninja beside her when she had told of her parentage, "Magnus over there is my elder brother. Don't let his youthful appearance fool you; he's almost five hundred years old. Scorpious," she pointed to the unmasked ninja, "Is my twin brother. I think I'll let him fill you in about his past."

"Like she said, I'm Scorpious. It's not my real name, nor do I even care to know it," Scorpious said, "Not much to tell about me. I was captured and enslaved by the Lin Kuei when I was five, and escaped from them when I was fifteen."

"For those of you who don't know me, I'm Johnny Cage, martial artist and movie actor," Said a man with brown hair and dark sunglasses, garbed in a black expensive tailored suit.

"I've seen a couple of your movies -- and threw up after the fact," a deep baritone stated dryly from the doorway behind Serenity. "I'm Scorpio, son of Hanzo Hashabi, brother to Magnus, Sabra, and Scorpious. Like my baby brother and father, I'm using an alias."

Serenity got a good look at the man called Scorpio; he was tall, but not as tall as Scorpious. At the moment, Scorpio was casually leaning against the doorframe, his muscular arms crossed over his muscular chest. He was garbed almost completely in black with the exceptions of his yellow forearm braces. His shoulder-length black hair was pulled back in a tight tail and his golden-hazel eyes held amusement as he looked at the motley group of combatants.

"I am Scorpion, and I am a demon as well as a ninja. You know who my kids are so that's basically it..." the father ninja said with a shrug.

"Umm... I guess it's my turn, huh? I'm Kung Lao, the descent of the Great Kung Lao of the Order of the White Lotus," another Oriental man who wore black and tan and had a sombrero type hat that had a razor blade on its edge offered timidly. Serenity had a feeling that in battle he'd show his true strength; from the look in her twin's eye she could see he agreed with her assessment.

"It is your turn, your majesties." Rayden said as he tilted his head towards Serenity and Tranquility. All eyes turned to the shadowy figure that had been standing behind Magnus the whole time, as well as darting a glance to the young man whom had been silent during the introductions. The figure stepped into the light and most of the males' jaws touched the deck. Serenity eyed the group coolly before she smiled slightly at Kitana.

"Kitana. It's been a while since I saw you last. I am pleased to see that you have decided to finally rebel against that bastard you call step-father," Serenity said regally, stepping towards the Edenia-hime, lifting her arms for a hug.

"I was saddened by the news of the passing of your family, Senshi and yourself, Serenity, Tranquility," Kitana said as she stepped forward and the two hugged.

"Yeah well dieing sucked big time." Tranquility snorted as he stepped forward and wrapped his arms around both. "I missed you Kit-neechan - no one to play pranks on. You still got a crush on my big brother?"

"No, little brother," Kitana chuckled, "I moved on and am now with my soulmate Lui Kang."

"Good," Serenity was pleased that her friend was happy.

The three broke the embrace and Serenity turned her gaze back to the kombatants, "I am the reincarnation of Princess Serenity the thirteenth of the White Moon Kingdom. I am also known as the Sailor Senshi, Sailor Moon."

"I am the reincarnation of Prince Tranquility the fourth of the White Moon Kingdom, known also as in today's society as the Soldier Senshi Soldier Moon." Tranquility added.

"My twin brother and I received a scroll saying we were invited to participate in the Tournament so we decided to join." Serenity stated.

"I asked a mutual friend to make certain you received the invitation." Rayden said with a grin.

Serenity and Tranquility both returned that grin, "Guess I'll have to thank a certain Sailor Senshi of Time, ne?"

"Definitely," the ouji smirked.

"Guess so." Rayden chuckled.

"So how do you propose we destroy Shao Khan this go around?" Lui Kang asked.

"Defeat his henchmen then him, basically the usual." Rayden said with a sigh, "The rules of Mortal Kombat still apply; we can do no more, no less."

"Rules are made to be broken, Lord Rayden," Serenity said with a smirk, "Khan's bound to have his own hidden fighters; I say we do the same. Clarimond seems to be here mainly to protect us, so we should keep it in the shadows. Maybe do the same with Scorpio; he seems to be proficient at skulking around in the shadows."

"I like the way you think," Scorpio said with a grin, "Sounds reasonable to me, but can we do it?"

"/Hai/," Magnus said with a slight nod, "The Kombatants are allowed to have a personal guard. Clarimond and Scorpio will be sufficient to pull that role off. The only times they are permitted to be in any form of combat is either training spars or when they are in the act of protecting their designated kombatants. Rayden and I cannot interfere; we are only allowed to defend ourselves."

"I shall watch after my father, brother, sister, Sub-Zero, and Kung Lao." Scorpio said, "Can you handle the rest, Clarimond?"

"Affirmative," the Cyber responded.

"Since that is settled, why don't you all go back to your cabins and rest? I have a feeling you will need it to kick OutWorld ass." Magnus suggested.

"Hell yeah!" Stryker shouted, pumping his fist in the air in a move of victory. The police officer noticed that all eyes were on him and blushed in embarrassment.

"Your enthusiasm is duly noted, Sergeant Stryker," Clarimond stated.
-
-
-
-
-
Serenity once more found herself on the deck staring at the moon, Tranquility beside her this time. She tilted her head and looked at the silent figure on the other side of her. Sailor Pluto stood there, not speaking, her head tilted back as she too stared at the moon and stars. Her tanned skin was silvery-gold under the moon's light and her long dark green hair appeared almost obsidian as it spilled down her shoulders and back. The Pluto-hime turned her maroon gaze to the tsuki-hime and /tsuki-ouji /and smiled slightly.

"On night like this, you can almost see the ruins of the Palace." Sailor Pluto said with a sad smile.

"I miss Kaa-chan, Tou-chan, and Sol-nii-chan so much, Setsuna-momma..." Serenity whispered and the older woman took the young hime into a gentle hug. They could feel Tranquility wrap his arms around them both, resting his head on Serenity's.

"I miss them too, chibi-hime." Setsuna said as she stroked the tsuki-hime's silver hair.

"Will we ever see them again?" Tranquility asked softly.

"/Hai, ouji/, when Mortal Kombat is over, we will go to them. Maybe then we can find out peace and happiness." Setsuna replied.

"I pray so," Serenity murmured sadly.

"We will," Tranquility's voice was determined. "I know we will."

The three continued to gaze at the Moon and stars, allowing themselves to remember the happier memories of their previous life, never noticing the dark, shadowy figure that watched them silently from the shadows of a doorway...
Sign up to rate and review this story