Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > Mortal Kombat: Quest for the Moon

Chapter Two: The Return of Serenity and Tranquility

by Zpan_Sven 0 reviews

Arriving at the dock in Hong Kong, Usagi and Shingo make a few changes, revealing their true selves at long last...

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Ami (Mercury), Haruka (Uranus), Makoto (Jupiter), Michiru (Neptune), Minako (Venus), Pluto, Rei (Mars), Saturn, Tuxedo Kamen, Usagi (Moon) - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2005-11-06 - Updated: 2005-11-07 - 2936 words

0Unrated
MORTAL KOMBAT: QUEST FOR THE MOON
AUTHOR: Zpan Sven
E-MAIL: Zpan(underscore)Sven(at)hotmail(dot)com
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Sailor Moon or Mortal Kombat, blah blah blah yadda yadda blah...
SUMMARY: Usagi and Shingo leave their abusive foster family after a fierce argument with Sailor Mars to compete in an ancient and mystical tournament called Mortal Kombat.
CHAPTER SUMMARY: Arriving at the dock in Hong Kong, Usagi and Shingo make a few changes, revealing their true selves at long last...
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I'm not very fond of Rei/Sailor Mars nor Endymion/Tuxedo Kamen. I have aged Shingo to be Usagi's twin brother instead of her younger one and they live with people they believe to be their foster parents; they are aware the couple is not their biological parents.
"Speech."
'Thoughts.'
/Telepathy/
WARNINGS: Angst, sexual situation, extreme language, and violence.
RATING: PG-13 to R
GENRE: Action & Adventure/Martial Arts/Supernatural
ARCHIVE: ask, and ye shall receive (more than likely)
-
-
-
CHAPTER TWO: THE RETURN OF SERENITY AND TRANQUILITY
-
-
-
-
"I kinda feel sorry for the others," Shingo said.

"True, them having to put up with Rei on a power trip. Maybe Luna'll get annoyed enough and bitch her out." Usagi agreed.

Since their foster parents wouldn't allow for pets, Usagi's advisor had been forced to assume her human form and lived with Makoto and her twin brother Zeus, giving them a maternal figure to look to for guidance. It hadn't taken Luna long to hack her way into the school's database and have herself set up as their legal guardian so Child Protective Services would come sniffing around and bothering them. When Minako had arrived, Artemis too took his human form and moved in with them, giving them a father figure. Not too long afterwards, Luna and Artemis were engaged then wed.

Shingo had been right. By the time they had arrived in Hong Kong, their injuries had healed. Remarkable what a few days without being beaten by their foster parents and being attacked by Youma could do along side the gift of an enhanced healing factor. Silently they walked through the streets of Hong Kong until they reached the docks. The twins walked silently through the docks of Hong Kong, searching for the pier that would take her to the Mortal Kombat tournament. She looked at the pier numbers while he read the map. When they reached the pier, they both agreed to keep out of sight until the boat arrived. Staying in the protective shroud of the shadows, they watched and waited, observing those who would become their opponents.

"This Mortal Kombat certainly has some real heavy hitters participating in it." Shingo murmured, eyeing the group that had gathered at the pier.

"Agreed; we don't have to hide any more." She stated and they looked at each other with identical smirks.

With that, they dropped the disguise their true parents had forced them to wear. Closing her eyes, Usagi allowed her true self to be revealed. Her platinum-blonde hair became lengthened to nearly brush the ground and changed into a glorious silver while her skin seemed to shimmer as it paled to a translucent ivory. Her sapphire blue eyes became a silvery-blue and as her eyes opened, her golden crescent moon birthmark appeared on her brow. Shingo's eyes closed as his true self came to the surface, dissipating his disguise. His light brown/dark sandy blonde hair paled into silver, seeming to fluff out slightly and resettled to be neatly combed back from his face. His lightly tanned skinned paled to the same translucent ivory as his twin's, as did his eyes change to the same silver-blue. The golden crescent moon appeared on his brow as his eyes opened.

"These clothes have so gotta go-they so don't go with our look," he quipped and she snickered slightly in agreement.

Using the disguise pen, they changed their clothing, she from her jeans and t-shirt into a more suitable fighting uniform of a black bodysuit that covered her completely from throat to toes; with the suit was a pair of thigh-high black leather boots with sliver bracers on the shins and a tight black jacket with silver forearm bracers and black gloves. Shingo's tee-shirt and jeans changed as well, forming a more masculine version of what his sister wore, adding light ninjitsu armor of black trimmed in silver over his bodysuit, boots, and gloves.

She reached into her sub-space pocket and pulled out a silver scimitar with a corresponding black sheath. With casual ease she strapped the sheath to a sword belt around her waist and sheathed the silver scimitar.

"Ooh, nice! Good to see you using Mom's Lunar Scimitar!" Shingo said in approval, pulling out one that was almost identical to hers from his own sub-space pocket. "Maybe we can spar a bit later - it's be a while since we did and we wouldn't want to get rusty."

"I agree - if you promise me you'll go easy on me? You always were ferocious with Grandfather's blade." She chuckled softly and smiled when he laughed with her. It had been a while since they had truly laughed like this.

"Are you ready?" The silver-haired teenaged boy asked his twin.

"As ready as I'll every be." She said firmly and took a calming breath before stepping out of the shadows, Shingo following her.

Ready, they strode over to a deserted spot to wait for the boat...
-
-
-
-
-
Not too far away from the brooding twins was a pair of fighters. One was a tall blonde woman dressed in a black police/military type uniform, her long hair pulled back in a high tail that was drawn through the back of her black ball-cap, while beside her was a large man of African descent dressed in a similar uniform to the woman's. His heavily muscled arms were covered with experimental biomechanical armor that gleamed in the dim light of the cloudy day.

The blonde, Lt. Sonya Blade, turned to the large man who was her partner Major Jackson 'Jax' Briggs and raised a brow before asking, "What are you up to?"

Jax sheepishly looked up from the explosives he was rigging and replied, "Just making a back-up plan, Sonya."

"Uh huh, /sure/, Jax..." The blonde Special Forces Lieutenant drawled, eyeing him dubiously.

Jax gave her a look of mock hurt but he then noticed someone behind her. "Hi, Lui Kang."

Sonya turned to face a troubled Chosen One. The Oriental man had a slight frown on his expressive features and worry was evident in his dark brown eyes. His shoulder-length black hair was pulled back from his face with his usual red black bandanna, and the tails of his bandanna moved slightly in the breeze.

"What's wrong, Lui?" she asked him, concern in her voice.

"Rayden told me about some new fighters that troubled him. He wouldn't tell me much..." Lui's voice trailed of as he saw the sad, yet regal looking young woman and man standing a distance away. The young woman reminded him of his Love, the Princess of Edenia, Kitana, while the young man reminded him of Sub-Zero. She had long silver hair pulled up in an unusual oriental hairstyle of two buns on each side of her head with long streamers of hair flowing from the buns, while he had short neatly combed back silver hair. Their pale complexions seemed to gleam in the dim light, giving them a faintly ethereal appearance. From their similar appearances, he guessed they were siblings, twins possibly from how similar in age they were.

"Wow." Jax said, catching sight of the young twins.

"What?" Sonya asked as she strained to see what they were looking at.

"It's those two, the new fighters. I can sense their power...it's amazing..." Lui said in awe.
-
-
-
-
-
Usagi could sense the other fighters staring at Shingo and herself. She really did not care and knew he didn't either; at the moment they were trying to decide on combat names.

"Moon? How about Tsuki?" he asked, raising a silver brow.

"Hmm. Either one might work for you. I'm thinking of just using Serenity myself..." she replied.

Shingo nodded in agreement. "It is time we revealed we were alive. I guess I'll just go by Tranquility."

They stopped the debate when she saw the ancient ship that was seemingly carried in by the thick rolling waves of supernatural fog. It creaked loudly and Tranquility's eyes were wide in disbelief - how was that decrepit old thing able to stay afloat?! It looked as old as the ruins of the White Moon Kingdom! Serenity could understand her twin's apprehension - he adored sailing and would have joined the Imperial Navy if their mother hadn't been who worried he might end up hurt going against the few rare pirate gangs that sailed the Lunar Seas; she could understand why since while the pirate gangs were rare, they made up for their scant numbers in sheer viciousness.

Tranquility grumbled and cringed, but made his way towards the other fighters that were assembling to board the ancient vessel with Serenity trailing behind him, unconsciously looking for life boats. He could feel Serenity's reassuring hand on his shoulder blade and smiled, looking back at his twin. That was when they heard it. Running footsteps were heading towards them and the other fighters.

Turning, they saw a young man around the age of nineteen running towards them. He was tall, around 6'5" in height and possessed a very muscular build; she could see the muscles bulging underneath his black muscle shirt and black denim pants, with a black and gold trimmed gym bag tossed casually over one shoulder. Not too far behind him was a red-haired young woman of the same age as the male dressed in a bodysuit done in crimson and black colors chasing him. Bouncing on her shoulders was a black and crimson pack, which had a coiled whip strapped to one side.

"We are not late! I told you!" The young man shouted in a low, husky baritone that made the fine hairs of women -- and some men -- rise up and tremble in pleasure.

"Scorpious no baka!! Kisama!" The young woman screamed at him, her voice a husky tenor that some of the men felt should only coo in pleasure.

The young man, Scorpious, didn't respond as he raced by the group of fighters. He made a spectacular leap into the air and his body spun around as he flipped through the air and landed with a solid thud on the ancient boat's deck. Scorpious turned and smirked at the red-haired young woman.

The Lunar twins exchanged a glance and Serenity raised a brow. Tranquility gave a shrug and they, along the other fighters, boarded the vessel, none noticing the shadowy being that followed them...
-
-
-
-
-
On opposing ends of the deck stood three men, each ready to start World War III. On one end stood a single man, a tall and slender oriental with long back hair flowing freely about his shoulders and dressed in an ankle-length black trench coat. His thin lips were curved up in a sadistic smile and his dark obsidian eyes glittered with a cruel light. On the opposing end stood two tall men, both wearing almost identical robes, the only differences being the colors. One man wore white and pale blue robes and white hair flowed around his shoulders and ended at his shoulder blades; his eyes were pure white and sparked with electrical energy. The other man was taller than his comrade and wore dark yellow and black robes. This man's hair also flowed around his shoulders and ended at his shoulder blades; his hair, however, was black with hints of silver around the temples. He too possessed blank white eyes.

"You are foolish, Shang Tsung, to pursue this path once more. We of the Earth Realm will defeat you again." The man wearing the Blue and white robes stated in a rumbling bass that sounded similar to thunder, "Magnus and I have selected the very best to ensure that."

"You and your disciple shall learn that no mortal can with stand the wrath of Shao Khan, Lord Rayden!" The man in the black trench coat, Shang Tsung, sneered.

"I have seen the wrath of Shao Khan and am not cowed by it." The other man, Magnus, said in a spectral bass voice.

"I, too, have never felt fear in the presence of the Emperor. It was always he who feared my mother and myself." Serenity announced regally as she strode out of the group of fighters.

The look of astonishment on Shang Tsung's was comical, "Serenity-hime! Tranquility-ouji!"

Serenity gazed at Shang Tsung haughtily, "Well, well if it isn't Shao Khan's premier ass-kisser!"

"I thought he was Khan's favorite bum boy?" Tranquility snickered, his pale silvery-blue eyes lit with malicious pleasure.

Tsung flushed angrily at the twin's insults, "I thought you were dead! Metal'la destroyed your parents' Kingdoms a thousand years ago!"

"My parents combined the might of their powers and sent all those who perished to be reborn a thousand years in the future as well as sealing away Metal'la. And as for Metal'la...well, she and her devotee are dead. Tranquility and I made certain of that." Serenity said with a smug smile, echoed by her twin brother's.

"She's being modest - she did it all by herself! Now that was one hell of a cat fight!" the tsuki no ouji snickered. "Of course, the Senshi and I had fun 'playing' with her Youma...."

Tsung paled slightly. 'If she can defeat Metal'la single handedly, she is a true threat to Shao Khan and myself. Serenity-hime must be eliminated, as soon as possible!' he thought.

"It is good of you to join us, your majesties." Rayden said with a slight smile, "I have assigned you all quarters, if you would be so kind as to follow me..."
-
-
-
-
-
Serenity exited her quarters and walked back to the deck. She leaned against the railing and tilted her head back to stare at the moon and stars. She sensed Tranquility exiting his quarters and join her.

"It feels weird to have a room to myself." He said softly.

"I know. I've gotten used to being able to wake up and see you there across the room," she agreed.

"Although, you got to admit, being solo we can have some time to ahem get reacquainted with ourselves," he snickered with a mock lecherous grin.

She laughed and slapped him on his lean bicep. Like most Lunarians, he had the slender graceful build of gymnast in place of the bodybuilder musculature like the young man they had seen earlier. While it meant they weren't as physically strong as others, it did mean they were much faster and had as good, if not greater, amounts of endurance.

"I'm going to walk around the deck and make certain there's no leaks." Tranquility said drolly, taking his leave.

"They are beautiful, aren't they?" came the spectral bass voice of the man called Magnus moments after her twin had departed.

"/Hai/, they are. Care to join me in star-gazing, Lord Magnus?" Serenity asked.

"I would love to, however, I cannot." Magnus said with a touch of sadness in his voice.

"Why?" The Tsuki-no-hime asked as she turned to look at him.

"I'm blind." Magnus stated emotionlessly.

"Gomen/ ne/..." Serenity began, only for the blind man to raise his hand for silence.

"It is all right, hime-sama, you did not know. Besides, I was born this way and have no way to really comprehend what I am missing, only what others have told me." Magnus said with a slight smile.

"If there was a way I could help you, Lord Magnus..." Serenity began hesitantly.

Magnus chuckled, "While I cannot see as you do, hime-sama, I am blessed, or perhaps cursed is a better term, with the ability to have visions, glimpses into the future," Magnus turned his blind gaze to Serenity, his face solemn. "I have had visions concerning yourself, your majesty."

"/Nani/?!" Serenity all but yelped. Why in the Moon's name would this disciple be having visions concerning herself unless dark forces were targeting her AGAIN.

"/Hai/. Be wary, for Death is near you. I cannot tell if it shall strike you directly or those near you." Magnus stated. "For all I can tell, Death will be your ally and not your foe."

"Doomo arigatoo for the warning," Serenity said shakily, her pale hands trembling before she clutched the rotting wood of the railing tightly.

"Think nothing of it, hime-sama. The visions are part of the way I protect this Realm from invasion." Magnus replied with a slight shrug.

"/Oniisan/." A husky baritone said behind them.

Serenity turned to see the man from earlier, Scorpious. He was dressed in a ninja's uniform composed of a black body suit, dark gold lapels, belt, forearm bracers, and shin guards; from his belt was a ninja's mask with the hood being black and the part of the mask that would cover his nose and mouth made of dark gold cloth. She had the feeling that this uniform was only ceremonial and not what he actually wore in combat.

"/Hai/, Scorpious?" The older man asked.

"Lord Rayden wishes for Serenity-hime and yourself to come with me. The warriors of Earth Realm are gathering so that we can conspire on how to stop Shao Khan. Tranquility-ouji has already been summoned." The ninja stated as he turned and walked away.

Magnus walked after his younger brother and with one last glance at the moon, Serenity followed him...
Sign up to rate and review this story