Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Witches Secret

Chapter 3

by Selector11

The Witches of the world have a Seccret, of course poor Harry is stuck in the middle. Post Goblet of Fire.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Andromeda Tonks, Arthur Weasley, Bill Weasley, Cho - Warnings: [!!!] [R] [V] [X] [Y] - Published: 2007-06-18 - Updated: 2007-08-13 - 11192 words - Complete

?Blocked
Harry Potter and the Witches' Secret
Chapter 3
Saturday 7 August 1995

Harry had awakened desperately tired and embarrassingly horny. Merlin, I wasn't this bad in third year, he thought. I'll never be able to look Tonks in the eye again.

He made it into the shower as Ron was still doing his best impersonation of a hippo, yawning until you could see all the way down his throat.

Harry was a red-blooded boy, and naturally things in the shower always had the potential to be interesting. This morning, however, as the cold water woke him up and then turned hot, he got a very relaxing feeling, wide awake but very relaxed. He leaned up against the wall on his hands, facing away from the shower head, and enjoyed the water heating him up.

Suddenly, as if from outside himself, he had an image of a very naked Tonks. She smiled at him and hugged her naked body into his back, and then ran her hands up and down his sides. Harry realized it was his own hands as he was now supporting himself with forehead and feet, but it felt so different, like someone else was controlling them.

In the kitchen Hestia, Hermione, and Ginny watched as Tonks let out a low moan and shuddered. Hermione's eyes got big; she jumped up grabbed Tonks, and along with Hestia, dragged her into the pantry. Ginny followed them in. Tonks had a goofy smile on her face that slowly changed into a wicked smirk.

In the shower, Harry gasped as he grasped himself and started stroking. He didn't really want to, but he couldn't stop; he could feel Tonks linked with him-he didn't know how, but he could. She took her time and explored all of him, and then she finished him off just as Ron pounded on the door. Harry groaned.

Tonks hadn't counted on being linked this closely, and as Harry reached his climax he dragged her over the edge with him. She shuddered in a massive climax and swallowed a scream; Hestia put a hand over her mouth. Tonks sighed and opened her eyes to see the other three giving her an opera clap. She blushed furiously, including her hair, and as soon as she was able to get her legs working again she fled back up to her room to get changed. Hestia, Hermione, and Ginny's laughter followed her.

"All right, everyone, breakfast is ready," Molly said turning around from the stove just after the door closed behind Tonks. Everyone sat down just as a confused and nearly concussed Harry made it to the kitchen. He had only just avoided the door as it burst open and still felt Tonk's lips on his cheek from the kiss she gave him in apology, or was it thanks?

He sat next to Hermione. They began eating and Tonks returned just ahead of Ron. Tonks sat on the other side of Harry, blushing desperately. Ron managed to draw everyone's attention by immediately emptying both the egg and bacon plates and starting to eat like a wolf.

Harry said nothing; he simply moved his own plate over next to Tonks. Molly said, "Ronald!"

"What?"

"You might-"

"-leave some-"

"-for the others," the twins said in their dual-speak method.

Tonks dropped her left hand to Harry's thigh and gave it a gentle squeeze. Harry fully expected her to remove her hand, but she left it there and it was soon joined by Hermione's right hand on his other thigh. Harry blushed but was enjoying it immensely.

Molly rose and started making more breakfast, all the while glaring at Ron. After Ginny finished, she rose and helped her mother. On the way past she rubbed her breast across Harry's shoulders and gave him a bright smile and a saucy wink when he looked at her. Fred watched with narrowed eyes.

As Tonks finished her breakfast, Hestia cleared her throat and rose from the table. Tonks sighed, gently squeezed Harry's thigh again, and rose. She leaned across Harry's back and whispered to Hermione, "You and Ginny write down all the names you know. Hestia and I will be back at 2:30 to pick up the list and you, then we have to go to the MLE. She turned her head, kissed Harry on the ear, and then she and Hestia Flooed to the Ministry.

"Hermione, what names did she mean?" Harry asked quietly.

"We'll tell you tonight, I promise."

Harry nodded and took some more of the eggs and bacon that Molly had just put on the table. He missed the look that passed between the twins.

"After breakfast we'll start on cleaning the house, beginning in the drawing room," Molly announced. The kids all groaned, including the big kid, Sirius.

Tonks and Hestia arrived at the Ministry and moved to the elevator. They descended to the MLE floor and stepped out. "Tonks, you have to slow down with Harry."

"Do you think I scared him, Hestia? If I did, then tonight is going to be a problem when I drag him into the library and mount him for an hour or so."

"Tonks! No, I don't think you scared him, but you didn't see the looks the twins were passing."

"I can handle the twins, Hestia."

"No doubt, but can Harry?"

They had arrived at their desk and they both saw the note calling them to the Director's office at the same time. They looked at each other and then turned and went to the Director's office. Janice, the Director's secretary, smiled at them and nodded at them with her chin to proceed. Tonks returned the nod and smile, then knocked on the Director's door.

"Enter."

Tonks and Hestia entered the office to find the Director sitting with her niece. They greeted Susan and shook her hand. As Susan touched Tonks, she said, "Aunt Amelia you could have told me." She shook Hestia's hand and said, "Hestia-you too? But Tonks was different?"

"We think I'm the Alpha, Susan."

"Good. At least I know who to go to now."

"Tonks, Hestia, Susan is giving me her list. I need you two to start working on the training location, instructors, and syllabus with Emmeline Vance."

The Director's secretary knocked, opened the door, and stuck her head in. "Director, Ambassador Sherman would like to see you."

"Show the Ambassador in, please, Janice."

Hestia and Tonks rose. "We'll go find Emmeline, Director."

"Please stay, and call me Amelia when it's just us, Tonks."

Amanda Sherman entered the office and the door closed behind her. She found herself facing the Director, two Aurors, and a teenager. They found themselves facing a young but not too young-looking five-foot eight-inch, auburn-haired, fresh-faced, business-suited woman in a pair of two-inch wingtip pumps carrying a shiny black folio under her left arm.

"Ambassador, this is Auror Hestia Jones." Hestia shook the Ambassador's hand and Amanda felt a tingle. "My niece, Susan." Again the handshake and the tingle. "And Auror Tonks." This time there was not only a tingle but a barely controllable urge to submit.

"Thank you for seeing me, Director." As she shook the Director's hand, the Ambassador again felt the tingle. "Well, I guess we all know why I'm here now. When can I see my lord?"

"I've always loved you Yanks' forthright attitude."

"Ha-well, not much sense denying it, is there? I felt it when I touched you." The Ambassador turned to Tonks. "And you, milady, are the Alpha, if I'm not hugely mistaken."

"We think so, but we haven't had a chance to discuss this with Harry yet, and he and I have not yet been physically intimate."

"So you have been intimate in each other's minds, then?"

Tonks blushed. "It happened all last night and this morning," she smiled demurely.

"Oh, Tonks, how was it?" Susan asked, her eyes glowing.

"Susan!"

"Sorry, Auntie." Susan gave Tonks a look that said, in no uncertain terms, that they would talk later.

The Ambassador spoke. "Excuse me, milady, but you must mate him tonight. It's becoming a matter of some urgency for me, and I'm sure when we start looking we'll find several witches who are in danger. We-that is, the U.S. State Department Magical side-have already compiled a list of four witches we know of and two we suspect. The two that we suspect are going to be problematic. One is a known inner circle Death Eater and the other is the wife of an inner circle member."

Tonks contemplated this for a moment and the answer sprang into her mind. "Ambassador, surely you can't be serious. Narcissa is a bonded woman with a child-and Bellatrix, well she's Bellatrix."

"We have a source inside his camp, and we have a high degree of confidence in our data. Since you're onto those, I might as well list the others: Ann Morley, a Canadian; Anastasia Romanov-no, not that one-her daughter, Chu Li Ming, a Chinese Nationalist; and Marie Crouching Cougar, a full blooded Apache. These are the women we know of, and there will undoubtedly be more. We believe these, however, will bond. These women are in their peak breeding years and unbonded, as am I. Milady, you must take our lord in hand or someone is going to get hurt."

"Ambassador-"

"Amanda, please, Tonks. You'll be my Alpha, so among us I believe we can drop the formalities."

"Thank you, Amanda. I fully intend to take our lord tonight. I will be taking Hestia, Hermione, and Ginny with me. I would like to get a Time-Turner, Amelia, because knowing Harry, this will take a while; and from feeling him this morning, I know that I can't take him to exhaustion alone."

"Fine, Tonks. Please take this and go to the Department of Mysteries. I would offer the Ossuary for this."

"Thank you, Amelia. We'll finalize our plans at three this afternoon."

Tonks and Hestia left to start a busy day.

"Director, would it be possible for me to be present this evening and ask our Alpha if I might attend our lord during this turn?"

"Of course, Ambassador-but I thought we were on a first-name basis?"

"Thank you, Amelia. ladies, I must unfortunately leave you. State business, I'm afraid. I'll see you at three."

"Aunt Amelia, I'm going back home to prepare the house for the next three days. Here's my list, and I'll be at the meeting this afternoon."

"Thank you, Susan."

As Amelia's office cleared, Janice attempted to swim upstream through the doorway. "Director, Master Auror Moody and Unspeakable Hansen to see you."

"Thank you, Janice. Please show them in."

Moody stumped into the office and without preamble threw himself into the chair in front of Amelia's desk. Hansen entered and gave Amelia a short bow. He seated himself next to Moody with much more decorum than Moody had shown.

"Alastor, make your self at home," Amelia said drily.

"Might as well, seeing as you're going to recall me."

"What makes you think that? First, however, could you please give your report, Hansen?

"Madam Bones, having been given a scan of wards I can report that there are anti-Apparition and anti-Portkey wards in place at the location that was scanned. There is also an ancient blood-based ward that would prevent anyone with harmful intent from approaching whatever it is warding. These wards all seem to be tied to a pair of individuals rather than a location, however."

"Would there be any reason that these wards were significant or special?"

"No, Director. Difficult and in the case of the blood wards, obscure in the extreme, but not unique. Most noble houses have these wards in their set and they can be set up anywhere. The only thing that could be considered unique is that they're tied to individuals. Personally I view that as a drawback, however, because when one of the individuals dies, then the wards will fall."

"Thank you, Hansen, and thank Director Hamlish for me."

Hansen knew a dismissal when he heard one. "Thank you, Director," he said, standing, and he departed back to continue doing whatever it was Unspeakables didn't speak about.

Moody wasted no time and spoke without preamble. "You want to know what Albus and the Order are up to, and in order to do that you're going to have to invoke the Auror oaths to force me to override the Order oaths."

"Interesting, Alastor; but what I really want to know is what is Albus up to with Lord Potter. Why did he disregard the Potter will? And what's with these supposed special wards requiring Lord Potter's presence in that Muggle sty?"

Alastor was stunned. "I have no idea. I didn't know he had, and I'm not sure why he would, and these wards don't make any sense."

"Why did he not pursue the real traitor to the Potters, and why did he collude with Fudge in railroading Lord Black into Azkaban?"

"I never pursued it either, Amelia-I was so sure it was Black."

"But you're not a Master Legilimens, Alastor. Why has he not trained Lord Potter to suppress the mate-seeking drive of his magic?"

Alastor could only blink. "Again I must plead ignorance, Amelia, and I'm sorry. I should have realized from watching the Granger and Weasley girls around him."

"Okay, Alastor, now I want your oath to never reveal anything that you hear in the next half-hour."

"Amelia, I would prefer you simply invoke the recall. I've become nervous of Albus's decision-making process as it pertains to Lord Potter, and I would prefer to have the Auror oaths in place full force if he tries something foolish."

"Fine, if that's the way you want it, Alastor. Alastor Moody, you are recalled to active duty for the duration of the current crisis, or until released by the Director of the Ministry of Law Enforcement."

A bright white light flashed around both of them.

"Thank Merlin. Now, Amelia, for two years I've been suspicious of Albus's motives in dealing with Lord Potter. I believe he has some reason he's unwilling to reveal for putting the bo, and by extension the school, in extremely dangerous positions. He has also left Lord Potter in that Muggle house where he knows the boy is at least verbally, and I suspect physically, abused."

Amelia thought for a moment. "Alastor. has Dumbledore told you the prophecy?"

"No."

She recited, "'The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches. Born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies.' Lord Black reports that Voldemort knows of this part. What he does not know is the second part: 'And the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives.' Lord Black told me, Lord Potter's Alpha, and one of his primary wives-to-be just this morning."

Moody's magical eye stopped spinning and stared directly at Amelia. "Well, that clears that up. Albus is going to use the Potter boy as a weapon. Now, just how many are we going to lose to madness or death when the boy dies?"

"Ha! Run out of confidence, Alastor? What happened to my mentor? Hey, how did you know the secret?"

"No, Amelia, I have plenty of confidence, but we have a Dark Lord who has regained a body and has fifty years of experience versus a fifteen-year-old with an incredible level of raw magic, blinding reaction speed, and lots of luck. Age happened to your mentor. As for the secret, well, I was fully bonded to my wife-I mean fully, one mind and all. I was the most fortunate of men. That's why when the Death Eaters killed her the brakes came off and I've been hunting them down one by one ever since. I can't seem to stop myself."

"Well, we know of about twenty-nine girls and women so fa,r but only around five are in the compulsion phase. Auror Tonks appears to be the Alpha."

Moody's patchwork face wrinkled into a broad grin.

Amelia continued, "We're going to start allowing them some time together and training them. How would you like to give Lord Potter and his ladies basic Auror training?"

"I believe I would like that fine. How and where?"

"Be here at 3 p.m. and we'll discuss the plan."

HPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWS

Grimmauld Place
7 Aug 1996
08:12

The kids, including Sirius, had a morning full of doxies, dead puffskeins, dead rats, doxycide, potential boggarts, screaming Black hags, Fred and George collecting dangerous stuff, and cabinets full of who knew what Dark objects.

Mundugus's attempt at turning the house into stolen property storage, Molly's fits, and the most horrible house-elf ever, appropriately named Kreacher, rounded out the morning.

Included just for fun were learning how Sirius had left home and been disowned by his mother, his brother Regulus's sad tale, the incestuous nature of the pureblood world, and-last but not least-the upcoming trial.

Harry was exhausted after watching Hermione and Ron whispering together, and occasionally shouting, all day. He didn't know whether he was happy or sad about it, though. Every time he had himself convinced to be happy for them, something rose up inside him, something angry and jealous and frightfully powerful. He continued to push it down. Obviously they had spent some time together, and he was out of that loop. It was for the best, really; what could he bring her besides pain? Not that Ron would do any better, apparently, at least until she molded him to fit better.

Hermione had watched Harry watching her and Ron, and she could sense his anger. Ron was also being a jealous git and crowding Hermione badly.

She ate her lunch quickly and excused herself early. Hermione retreated to the room she shared with Ginny and, putting her back against the headboard, drew her knees up to her chest and just sat thinking. This was going to be the end of the Trio. Ron would never be able to get over this. How were they going to make this work?

Ginny came into the room and without hesitation climbed on the bed and sat next to Hermione, pulling her into a tight hug.

"You know it's going to be ugly, Hermione. Ron is at best a prat and at worst a jealous git. He's going to turn on you and Harry, at least for a while, and since Harry has sucked in a fifth of the available women in the school, this is going to cause severe problems.

"I see why you said we'll have to date others, but I think the reality is that we'll have to develop a cover-guy that we can trust, or we'll have to not date at all.

"It would be horribly unfair to the wizards and cause so much frustration. Frustration leads to violence, Hermione. One of us will get raped and Harry will kill whoever did it."

"I know, Ginny. Seeing how Ron is acting has made me realise. I think we need to talk to Tonks, but I'm going to end Ron's interest tomorrow."

"I'll suggest that Ron needs to get the 'talk' from Dad. That should slow him down and help you to convince him to look elsewhere. Of course the problem is, everywhere he's going to look, Harry will already have her. We're going to need to have a discussion with McGonagall."

"Thank you, Gin. We'd better get back."

"Okay, Mi."

"Mi?"

"Well, if I can be Gin, then you can be Mi."

Ginny leaned in, kissed Hermione on the lips, and scampered away. Hermione spluttered for a moment, then gave chase.

PATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPAHTWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWS

Malfoy Manor
7 Aug 1995
10:23

Narcissa Malfoy was ready to implement her plan. She had spent the remainder of yesterday and this morning preparing; now she just needed a little luck. She sent the letter that she had written to Andromeda, her not-crazy sister. Andromeda had been disowned for marrying a Muggleborn. Andromeda was still a Black, though, and would contact Lord Black for Narcissa and allow her to plead her case for a mating with his ward, Lord Potter.

HPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWS

Grimmauld Place
7 Aug 1995
14:47

After an afternoon full of removing Dark objects, Ginny and Hermione managed to skive off from cleaning to complete their list. Tonks and Hestia returned and told Molly they wanted to show the girls something. Without giving her enough time to formulate arguments, and telling her they would be back for dinner, they took the girls, hustled them to the fireplace in the kitchen, and Flooed to Tonks' apartment. Tonks went last. When she arrived she looked around at her empty apartment; sure that everything had gone to plan, she Flooed to the Ministry lobby.

Emmeline was waiting for them in the lobby and took them through the security station and into a secure interview room in the MLE.

"Hermione, Ginny, during our research effort we have developed a lot of data. In order to confirm or deny some of this, we would like you to tell us everything you know about Harry."

Hermione and Ginny looked at Emmeline, Tonks, and Hestia. Hermione sighed and said, "Really, Hestia, I'd rather go through this only once. Could we do it with Madam Bones here?"

"Let me find out." Emmeline wrote a note and tapped it with her wand. It jumped into an airfoil shape and flew out under the door.

"Tonks, while we're waiting, Ginny has had some thoughts about cover while we're at Hogwarts, and I agree with her. We don't believe we should be dating other boys. We believe with the amount of women tied up with Harry, it will become frustrating for the wizards.

"We're afraid if you then add the frustration of someone's perceived girlfriend holding them off, some wizard is bound to get violent with one of the girls. If they do, I believe Harry will kill them. I think all of the women involved at Hogwarts should maintain secrecy and should probably be sworn to Harry until they and Harry reach a mutual agreement to part company," Hermione wound down as Ginny nodded.

"I initially objected to the idea of the women involved dating someone else," Tonks said slowly. "I didn't know why, but when Hestia brought it up I just couldn't bring myself to agree. I think you've expressed the problem exactly, Hermione, and I believe that's the way we'll go.

"Everyone is going to have to observe a no-public-display-of-affection policy. It will have to appear that the witches have either not developed an interest in wizards yet or are just maturing late. Or in some cases they haven't found another wizard. Meanwhile, we'll have to find a way to include them in the training regime, and that's when Harry can satisfy everyone's urges," Tonks said with a thoughtful expression.

"I believe that's a good plan, Tonks. We can use it as a base to develop from with your permission as the Alpha," Amelia said as she entered, followed by Susan, Amanda, and Moody.

Hermione raised a brow and asked, "I knew Susan was involved, Madam Bones, but who is this lady, and why is Professor Moody here?"

"I'm involved as well as Susan, Hermione. This is Ambassador Amanda Sherman of the United States.

"Amanda came to us and told us of several women, including herself, from the United States, Canada, and other countries who have been affected, as well as intelligence on some British citizens we hadn't known about."

"Master Auror Moody has been returned to active duty and will be training Lord Potter and his ladies."

"Now, I understand we need to get you ladies home for dinner and then we'll be moving Lord Potter to the Ossuary along with the Primaries and the Alpha to start training. In order to get this done we need to move right along, so let's record data today-and unless it's for clarification, let's try to limit discussion for later, pending your instructions, of course, Tonks."

That was the second or third time Amelia had deferred to her; while Tonks appreciated it, she was nervous about it.

Hermione cleared her throat and began, "I'll try to keep it brief, then. However, we must have your oaths to reveal nothing of this to anyone not in this room or not bonded to Lord Potter."

They separately gave their oaths.

Ginny said, "I actually met Harry first. Harry Potter didn't know how to get on the platform for the Hogwarts Express. My mother showed him how. Harry was gobsmacked by the platform and the Express. He simply followed Ron without speaking. Once we were on the platform, Harry disappeared into the train after thanking my mother."

Hermione picked up the story. "Before coming to the Express, Harry had accompanied Hagrid to Gringotts, where Hagrid removed the Sorcerer's Stone from the bank and Harry discovered his trust vault.

"Harry was in a compartment on the Express with Ron when I saw him. During that first train ride he apparently had words with Draco Malfoy. We went through the Sorting ceremony and Harry, after a long wait, was sorted into Gryffindor.

"Things then proceeded as normally around Harry as they ever do until 12 September 1991. During our first flying lesson Harry demonstrated an astounding natural affinity for flying on a broom, and after being seen by Professor McGonagall catching a Remembrall stolen by Draco Malfoy from Lord Longbottom, which Draco had then thrown to distract Harry, he was made Seeker for Gryffindor.

"Draco challenged Harry to a duel. While returning from this duel, to which Malfoy never showed up, the Cerberus guarding the trapdoor was discovered on the third floor of Hogwarts Castle.

"Again things proceed normally for Harry until 31 October 1991, when a mountain troll entered the school, probably let in by Professor Quirrell, who had been forced to be a host for Voldemort. Harry and Ron saved me by fighting off the troll.

"On the ninth of November 1991 Quirrell/Voldemort attempted to kill Harry by jinxing his broom during the Gryffindor vs. Slytherin match. We assumed it was Snape, because he was always so hateful to Harry. I lit Snape's robe on fire and it distracted Quirrell, who dropped the curse on Harry's broom.

"Harry stayed at Hogwarts over the Holiday and on 25 December 1991 he received his father's Invisibility Cloak as a present from Dumbledore and discovered the Mirror of Erised. After Harry had visited the mirror several times, Dumbledore finally moved it to become the last part of the defenses constructed around the Sorcerer's Stone.

"On April twenty-fourth 1992 we found Hagrid to be in possession of a dragon egg. The egg hatched a Norwegian Ridgeback which Hagrid named Norbert. In order to help Hagrid, Harry arranged for Charlie Weasley to pick up Norbert and take him to Romania. Over the next weeks we tried to discover who was after the Sorcerer's Stone. Evidence kept pointing to Snape."

"On the twenty-sixth of May 1992 we served a detention in the Forbidden Forest. During this detention Quirrell/Voldemort, who was killing unicorns and drinking their blood, attacked Harry but for some reason was unable to approach him too closely. He was scared off by the centaur Firenze.

"On the fourth of June 1992, after exams, we put the clues together and believed someone to be going for the Sorcerer's Stone, and we pursued them. After making it through the traps, Harry proceeded to the room where the Stone was being kept in the Mirror of Erised. Harry, in a confrontation with Voldemort, was forced to destroy the Stone and during the confrontation killed Quirrell, disincorperating Voldemort once again."

"I believe the better course of action for Professor Dumbledore would have been to simply destroy the Stone or to have put it in a location under the Fidelius that we know Dumbledore is capable of casting. This was either a lapse in judgment on Dumbledore's part or an attempt to have Harry meet Voldemort. The last makes no sense, however."

Amelia realized at this point that Hermione did not know the prophecy.

"Harry was unconscious for three days after this. On the 20th of June 1992 we took the Hogwarts Express to Kings Cross, where Harry was picked up by his uncle. Harry was apparently held incommunicado and forced to work like a house-elf until 3 August 1992, when he was rescued by the three youngest Weasley boys. Before he was rescued he was visited by a house-elf named Dobby, who was in the service of the Malfoys. Dobby told Harry he couldn't go back to Hogwarts as it would be too dangerous. I say 'rescued' because they had to tear bars from his window with a flying Muggle automobile and they found his door to have many locks with the key side on the outside and a cat flap in the door for passing food through.

"Harry stayed at the Burrow until the first of September 1992. During this time, while we were acquiring supplies in Diagon Alley, a diary was slipped unseen into Ginny's supplies by Lucius Malfoy.

"Harry and Ron were prevented from gaining access to the station platform and so took the flying Muggle automobile to Hogwarts. Unfortunately we were again saddled with a substandard professor for DADA. On the fifth of September 1992 Harry heard the Basilisk for the first time."

Here Ginny broke in. "I had found, opened, and started using the diary that Malfoy had slipped into my cauldron.

"Tom Marvolo Riddle, a.k.a. Voldemort, had immediately started using my magical energy and had awakened the Basilisk. As time went by, Tom gained more control over me and finally used me to open the Chamber of Secrets and release the Basilisk.

"On Halloween of 1992 Harry heard the Basilisk again. The caretaker's cat was Petrified. Harry, Hermione, and Ron were trying to figure out what was going on, but I couldn't tell them as Tom had too much control over me by then." Tears were running down Ginny's face.

Hermione continued, "The miserable, lying ponce Lockhart was no help. On the seventh of November 1992 after Harry's arm was broken in a Quidditch match, Lockhart removed all the bones in the arm by misapplying a healing charm.

"On eight November 1992 Colin Creavy was Petrified. Harry, Ron, and I started working on the Polyjuice potion to facilitate getting someone into the Slytherin common room to find out who the Heir of Slytherin was.

"Things continued in this vein, with us searching for the Heir and poor Ginny fighting Tom." Hermione took Ginny's hand and held it in her lap as she continued. "On the seventeenth of December 1992 Lockhart had the first and only meeting of his dueling club. During this meeting Draco Malfoy, in violation of the rules of the duel, cast Serpentsoria. He immediately lost control of the snake he summoned and we all found out Harry was a Parselmouth. He used his ability to keep the snake from harming anyone. Of course everyone immediately suspected he was the Heir and the one terrorizing the school.

"On the twenty-fifth of December 1992 we finished the Polyjuice and Ron, Harry, and I took it. Unfortunately, my hair turned out to be a cat's, not Parkinson's, and I ended up in hospital. Harry and Ron, however, successfully penetrated the Slytherin common room but did not gain any information. On the fourth of February 1993 Harry found a diary in the second floor girls' bathroom. He used it and talked to Tom Riddle."

Ginny picked up the story. "The things Tom was trying to force me to do were so horrid I finally threw the diary in Myrtle's toilet to get rid of it. Myrtle threw it out and Harry found it. Unfortunately, Tom now had such a hold on me he could talk to me and torture me even without the diary.

"On the eighth of May 1993 Hermione and Penelope Clearwater were attacked and Petrified. Harry kept working desperately. On the twenty-ninth of May 1993 I was taken into the Chamber and Harry pursued us with Ron and Lockhart. Lockhart attempted to Obliviate Ron and Harry using Ron's broken wand, but it backfired, Obliviating him instead and causing a cave-in. Ron and Harry were separated. Ron stayed there and Harry went forward into the Chamber.

"Harry fought both a corporeal Riddle, who was draining the life from me, and a sixty-foot Basilisk. Fawkes, Dumbledore's Phoenix, brought Harry the Sorting Hat and from it Harry pulled Gryffindor's sword. Fawkes also blinded the Basilisk. Harry killed the Basilisk using Gryffindor's sword but was bitten by the Basilisk in the process. Harry used a Basilisk fang to kill the diary and it released me from Tom's control. Fawkes healed Harry with Phoenix tears and brought Harry, Ron, myself, and Lockhart out of the Chamber.

"Dumbledore discovered the whole story and Malfoy was sacked as a Governor. Harry tricked Malfoy by hiding a sock in the diary and giving it back to him. Malfoy gave the diary to Dobby to carry, thereby inadvertently freeing Dobby. On the nineteenth of June 1993 we caught the Express to London and Harry was again returned to his cell at 4 Privet Drive."

Hermione took over again. "Third year was, relatively speaking, an easy year for Harry. With the exception of being lied to by Dumbledore-granted, it was a lie by omission-about Sirius and attacked by Dementors on three separate occasions, the last by over one hundred of them, he produce a corporeal Patronus capable of driving them away at thirteen, and he got to meet his godfather. We also found out that Pettigrew was the traitor and we had a great DADA Professor in Remus Lupin."

Ginny took over again. "So we come to Harry's fourth year in the magical world-the year of Dumbledore's triumphant attempt to unite the magical world. First, however, we have the World Cup, where a Death Eater uses his house-elf and Harry's wand to announce the return of the Dork Lord. Then we all shuffle off to Hoggy Warty and begin our year."

"Funnily enough, with the exception of the Dork Lord burrowing into Harry's brain, everything goes fine. The DADA teacher this year is actually quite good-horrifying, but good. We did not yet know that he was a Death Eater using Polyjuice to appear as Professor Moody.

"Then the announcement of the Tri-Wizard Tournament, and the arrival of the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students on the evening of thirty October 1994.

"Of course, the rules for entry are posted, and it is the Tri-wizard, not the Quad-Wizard Tournament, so imagine how shocked Harry, who did not put his name in the Goblet of Fire, is to find himself press-ganged into participating as a fourth champion. Imagine our surprise at finding out he was being required to participate.

"So life goes on. Harry gets tortured by almost the entirety of the student body and has his usual run-ins with the Death Nibblers-the children of known Death Eaters-and the added attraction of Rita Skeeter having at him in the press.

"On the twenty-fourth of June 1994 is the triumph of the Dork Lord. Dumbledolt has not managed to detect the Death Eater impersonating one of his supposed best friends. This impersonator manages to turn the Tri-Wizard Cup into a Portkey and transports Harry to Moldieshorts' to be used in a Dark ritual to give the Dork Lord back a body of sorts. Cederic Diggory, unfortunately, is along for the ride and pays the ultimate price.

"This year so far he has been attacked by two dementors. You can only wonder what the rest of the year will bring."

Hermione stepped in. "So in summary, by his now fifth year in the magical world, Harry Potter has encountered and either beaten or stalemated the Dork Lord-thank you, Ginny, that name is great-six times and been in mortal peril thirteen times. He is ridiculed in the media and scapegoated by the Ministry.

"He is at least verbally abused at home with his relatives, and I believe he was physically abused until he went to Hogwarts the first time. I know that he was forced to live in the cupboard under the stairs until his first year at Hogwarts, and at least one of his Hogwarts letters was addressed to him there.

"In spite of this he is insanely loyal to those he trusts and attempts to get along with all beings. He would, if left to his own devices, even let the Death Nibblers alone if they would simply leave him alone. Harry simply wants to be left alone to be Harry and cannot understand the fascination everyone has with his every breath. Frankly, neither can I."

"I believe that Hermione is correct. Harry is a smarter than average, kinder than average young wizard who simply wishes to make his way in the world," Susan added.

"Okay, what I had been planning still holds, then," said Amelia. "With Tonks' and Harry's consent we will begin Time-Turning, using the Ossuary as a base. We can go back three days for every day, so we have seventy-two days to train before school starts. During this time the women in compulsion will have to be at least mated. I would suggest the Alpha and the primaries be mated, and then the women in compulsion."

"Amelia, that's a good plan, but first we'll have to get Harry to agree."

"I know, Tonks. Have we got our lists?"

Hermione, Susan, Emmeline, and Amanda pulled out their lists, and after some quick comparison they came up with a master list:

Alpha (Probable [tentative])
Nymphadora Tonks

Primary Wives (Probable [tentative])
Hermione Granger
Ginny Weasley
Hestia Jones

In Compulsion (Probable [tentative])
Rita Skeeter Minerva McGonagall Aurora Sinistra
Septima Vector Bathsheba Babbling Madam Rosmerta
Narcissa Malfoy Bellatrix LeStrange Ann Morley
Anastasia Romanov Chu Li Ming Marie Crouching Cougar
Amanda Sherman Emmeline Vance Amelia Bones

Wives/Mates/Mistresses (Probable [tentative])
Hannah Abbot Shelia Fawcett Megan Jones
Sally Anne Perks Susan Bones Emma Dobbs
Mandy Brocklehurst Su Li Padma Patil
Cho Chang Marietta Edgecomb Luna Montgomery
Luna Lovegood Tracey Davis Daphne Greengrass
Katie Bell Parvati Patil Victoria Frobisher

Susan possibly expressed it best: "Oh, my."

The other women chuckled and Moody barked out a couple of laughs and said, "Well, I'd say that just about sums it up. Amelia, what about the training?"

"Yes, well, that sums it up fairly well. The list will only grow, ladies, so let's not get too trapped in it. I believe this can be used as a schedule, but as always, I'll defer to the Alpha." Amelia passed out schedules.

Activity Instructor Time
Physical Training Cougar 06:00-07:30
Ancient Runes Babbling 08:00-09:00
Arithmancy Vector 09:00-10:00
Charms Romanov 10:00-11:00
Defense Against The Dark Arts Moody 12:00-14:00
Potions Ming 14:00-16:00
Transfiguration McGonagall 16:00-17:00
Stealth and Tracking Moody/Cougar 18:00-19:00
Unarmed Combat Cougar 19:00-20:00
Armed Combat Moody/Various 20:00-21:00
Mind Arts Ming/Various 21:00-22:00

Everyone studied the schedule for a few minutes and then Tonks said, "Amelia, we're going to need more than this."

"Yes, Tonks, but until we get everybody up on these, we really can't advance further."

"Amelia, how do we cover Harry and our absence from...uummm...."

"Hestia, you should know better. We have an inside man in Lord Black, and he'll cover for us."

"I believe this will work, Amelia. The other issue is what we do for cover at Hogwarts. Hermione and Ginny are of the opinion that with fifty percent of the available population of witches involved so far and possibly more later, the potential mates at Hogwarts should in fact not date anyone else except for maybe a really trusted cover Wizard."

"I believe it would be possible to date once or twice depending on the Wizard involved, and the witch's reputation, of course. I will neither encourage nor discourage dating. However, sex outside the bond is out. A witch is either with Harry or not. I also believe that a truly compatible witch will be prevented from sex with any other wizard by her and his magic. As I see it, it's not a problem-that is, if my understanding of the secret is correct."

Amanda spoke up. "From what our researchers tell us, that is correct. A truly compatible Witch will not be able have sex with any other wizard once her magic has found Harry's. It's possible that she could be forced, but it's more likely that her magic would take action to protect her. Of course, a sufficiently powerful Wizard would be able to overcome her magic; but apparently Harry would know about it and his magic would take action to protect her. The sheer power of Harry's raw magic should mean that only Voldemort or Dumbledore could possibly overcome it; however, as Harry reaches maturity, his magic combined with the compatible witch's should make even that impossible. This is not to say the witch could not be harmed or even killed, simply that she could not be forced to have sex; and she probably wouldn't want to."

"All right, then, we'll proceed with the plan. Hestia, Hermione, Ginny, and I will Floo to the Ossuary tonight at midnight with Harry. We'll meet the Potentials there. If everyone could start gathering as many of the Potentials as they can and meet us there, I'd appreciate it. Okay, ladies, let's go back to the crypt." Tonks rose, followed by the Primaries, and left.

Amanda went with Susan and Emmeline to gather the women and get them keyed into the wards at the Ossuary.

"Well, Amelia, this should prove interesting. I think Albus lost Granger today; she's thought her way through it and she can't make sense of it either."

"I believe you are correct, Alastor. Well, we shall see."

HPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWS

Grimmauld Place
7 Aug 1995
14:52

While the ladies were making plans, Sirius had finally managed to pry Harry away from cleaning. He took him into the Black library and closed the door. Sirius cast several locking and silencing charms on the door, floor, walls, windows ,and ceiling.

"Harry, how much do you know about relations between grown witches and wizards?"

"Well, I don't know about witches and wizards, but since they're human, I assume Tab A goes into Slot B and that's how babies get made. Come on, Sirius, be serious. You can't seriously be going to give me The Talk. I go to a boarding school, after all, plus we had sex education in grade school."

Sirius pouted over Harry stealing his favorite pun and said, "Harry, you'd better brace yourself because this is going to be possibly the most embarrassed we ever get."

Sirius then went on to explain to Harry the ramifications of magic on procreation. He was correct; by the end of the talk they were both so embarrassed they could hardly look at each other.

"So, Sirius, what you're telling me is that my magic is looking for a compatible witch and I will only bond with her."

"Well, basically, yes. However, in your case, as has happened rarely throughout history, your magic is very powerful and has sought out and found more than one compatible witch. We've identified some of them, and we're going to use a Time-Turner to get you some time with them to see if anything develops."

"Who are they?"

"Whom. Well, I'm not sure, exactly, but Tonks may be what is known as the Alpha. This means that her magic is most compatible with yours. We also think that Hermione, Ginny, and Hestia Jones are your Primaries. This means that their magic is very close to a perfect match. Then there are some others. Tonks will be able to tell you."

"Oh no-I thought she liked Moony and was just flirting with me to embarrass me.

"Sirius, you said witches are fertile from around age thirty to maybe a hundred and twenty. Will some of them be in this range?"

"Without a doubt, Harry. And as for Tonks, well, she was probably trying to find a safe outlet for what your magic was doing to her. You're fifteen, Harry. This will look really bad for the older witches."

"What happens if I don't-don't-"

"Mate with them? Harry, remember what I told you about the compulsion. The more closely matched your magics are, the more dangerous it is for the witches. The effects can range from madness to death for those witches who are being compelled, if they don't mate."

Harry sat silently. Sirius let him. After a moment, tears rolled down Harry's face as more of his youth, pitiful as it had been, was stripped away.

After an hour or so Harry looked up, wiped the tears off his face, and said, "Well, I guess it's better than never having sex, like Crabbe and Goyle, or being gay like Malfoy."

Sirius barked a laugh. "Yeah, pup, it's better. Harry, you have to be careful, though. That picture in your room is Phineas Nigellus Black, a former Headmaster of Hogwarts and head of the Black family. He has a frame in Dumbledore's office. He'll report your activities to Dumbledore."

Harry sat fuming. "Yes, well, we'll have to give him something to report, then." He was really getting tired of Dumbledore and his control issues.

"Pup, there's something else. I have no heir, and after my stay in Azkaban, even if I find someone and marry I won't be having an heir. That being the case, I've made you my heir. Upon my death you'll become Lord Potter Black, or Lord Black Potter as you prefer."

"Sirius, no. I don't want your titles or money, I want you. Plus I'm sure something could be done, maybe...."

"Harry, I've been to St Mungo's and to Muggle doctors as well. The boys just aren't swimming any more. Doesn't mean I can't make a bunch of witches very happy, but I won't be having an heir by blood. If at some point I adopt children, I might change my mind, but for now and the foreseeable future it's you, Harry."

"To that end I need your oath, and I need to give you my oath of fealty as you're the current head of House Potter."

Harry stood at Sirius's urging and they executed the adoption papers and oath, and then Harry took Sirius's fealty oath.

Afterward Harry sat silently, staring into the fire.

"Well, I'll let you think for a while. Call me if you need me, pup." Sirius removed the silencing and locking charms and left Harry there. Sirius went to the study and was staring into the fire, lost in thought, when an owl arrived. He looked at the owl and removed the missive from its leg. The owl immediately flew back up the stairway to the attic and out of the house through the owl port in the top floor. Sirius opened the unaddressed letter.

Lord Black-

I have become aware that I am under the compulsion. The subject of my compulsion is your ward, Lord Potter. I realize that this is unexpected; it is for me as well. I would like to confer with you and seek your permission to satisfy this compulsion before it costs me either my sanity or my life. Please meet me at noon on Sunday at Andromeda's home.

Narcissa Black

Sirius threw his head back and laughed. Poor Harry; it just kept getting worse. Well, now he was going to have to do the head of house duties that he had avoided so far. He wondered briefly if turning himself in was an option. Sirius turned and contemplated the fire, still holding the letter, and laughed until his sides hurt and he found himself in silent tears. The tears continued to flow.

This was the scene that Tonks, Hestia, Ginny, and Hermione returned to.

The women looked at Sirius and saw the tears tracking down his face. They looked at each other. Finally Tonks spoke. "Sirius, where is Harry?"

"library, Tonks. I told him."

"Bet that was fun, Midnight. Are you all right?"

"Yeah, the talk was fun but I'm not sure he thought so. I'm fine-just thinking how bad things have gotten for Harry. I'll be ready."

"Tonks, I have to talk to Ron."

"Yes, I think you do. Ginny, go with Hermione. Hestia, come on; let's go beard Lord Potter."

The witches separated on their missions. Tonks and Hestia found Harry bent over a book in the library. They sat down, one on either side of him. Tonks essayed her opening gambit ."My lord?"

"Nymphadora?" Tonks grimaced.

"Don't-"

"Then don't my-lord me, Tonks. I'm Harry-you remember me, I'm sure."

Tonks huffed and Hestia rolled her eyes at her. "I'm sorry, Harry, but I don't really know how to act here."

Harry looked Tonks directly in her eyes. "Imagine how I feel. I have, according to Sirius and 'The Pure Life by Charlus as amended by Harold Potter', the life of a beautiful witch in my hands. That not being enough, I also have at least the sanity of possibly dozens of other witches in my hands, too."

Tonks' blush gently returned. "I know the feeling, Harry. You were a first year when I was a seventh year. The first time I saw you I wanted you. I felt like a complete pedophile. And now out of nowhere I'm going to be your Alpha. I feel like I stole your childhood and the years when you would find a girl and fall in love," she finished, huddled in on herself with tears streaming down her face.

Harry looked at her, rose, pulled her to her feet, and coaxed her over to a loveseat. He sat down and pulled her into his lap. "Tonks, it's okay." Harry awkwardly rubbed her back as he had reached his level of expertise in comforting women. "We'll get through this. I accept what Sirius told me, and the book confirms it. I just wonder why you're the Alpha."

"I don't know, Harry. I'm told that for me to be the Alpha, our magic has to be more closely matched than any other possible match."

Harry simply nodded, his chin bumping the top of Tonks' head as she snuggled down into his lap. Hestia grinned at them and then looked at the book Harry had been reading. She flipped back to the front of the chapter and started reading. As she read, her eyes got larger and larger. The whole of the witches' secret was completely laid out in the book, along with much more than even she knew about it.

HPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWSHPATWS

Hermione and Ginny had made it to the room Ron and Harry stayed in. They entered and found Ron there alone. Hermione was a complete wreck; her insides were completely twisted and she was about to cry. She knew this had the potential to go horribly wrong.

"Ron, we have to talk." Hermione sat on Harry's bed facing Ron.

"Sure, Hermione. What did Tonks want to show you?"

"That's part of what I have to talk to you about. Did your father talk to you?"

Ron blushed a deep red. "Yes, he did."

"The reason he did is because we asked him to. I'm maturing and it was time. Ron, I'm not attracted to you that way. I want to keep you as a friend, though. You and Harry are my best friends, Ron. I am attracted to Harry that way, and we're going to begin to explore the possibility."

Ron sat quietly; the axe had fallen. He had known it was coming after his father had explained it to him. Hermione was very powerful and so was Harry. He had specifically asked his father what would happen in the case of a very powerful witch and a less than compatible wizard, and Arthur had told him that the witch and wizard would most probably fight constantly. The light had dawned for his father at the same time as it had him. Da had been great; he sympathized and told Ron that the best thing he could do was stop pressing Hermione.

"Hermione, its okay. If you want to know the truth, I think you're beautiful, but after Dad talked to me I understand where our constant arguing comes from. I want to take a while and find the right witch, Hermione. And I want to keep you around. If we try something, Dad says it will force us apart."

Hermione was stunned. She had been fully prepared for an explosion of jealousy.

Ginny spoke up then. "Wow, Ron, that must have been some talk. Hermione isn't the only one, though, Ron. I'm attracted to Harry like that, too. At the same time Harry and Hermione are exploring their relationship, I'll be exploring my own relationship with Harry." Ginny cringed, waiting for the explosion. Her mouth dropped open as Ron exploded in laughter and fell off the bed, rolling around on the floor.

"Really, Ron, there's no sense in taking that attitude," Hermione huffed as Ron rolled on the floor.

"Oh, Hermione, relax. It was just the way she said it-like it was news or like I'd be stupid enough to challenge her over it. Have you ever seen her mad?"

At this point Ginny saw the figure in the portrait on the wall start to dart away. Instantly she Stunned it. They were all shocked when it froze.

"Ginny, you did magic!"

Ginny sighed. "Yes. Hermione. I thought you were the smartest witch of your age."

"But you're under-age."

Ginny raised an eyebrow at her. "The house is Unplottable, so how will they know about magic done in it?"

"I don't know, Gin...."

"Well, we'll worry about it if an owl shows up. I haven't been warned, so it won't be bad."

"You guys, should learn some silencing charms?" Fred said as he Apparated in with George.

Ginny jumped and then glare. "Fred, George, help me here. This portrait is familiar; I've seen it in Hogwarts. I think it's one of the old Headmasters."

"They must have put it here to watch Harry. Let's move it to an empty room and Transfigure some stuff to look like Harry and Ron's, then we can go to that room and torture it every once in a while."

Hermione thought a moment. "Ginny, let's tell Tonks about it."

"Good idea. I'll go get her.

Meanwhile, back in the library, Tonks was snuggled so deeply into Harry's lap she appeared to have established residence. Hestia was still looking at the book.

"Harry, what is this book?"

"I found it here, Hestia. Its' called the Pure Life; it was written by Charlus Potter, my great, great, great-however-many grandfather and apparently updated by the less-greats, including Harold who apparently had a-errrh-multiple bonding, too. They didn't seem too pleased with some of the things that made up the pureblood lifestyle, and he dissects it in there. His descendants seem to have added their thoughts. That's just my impression from the chapter on marriage. It explained the whole thing, though."

"Harry, you have to keep this book with you. Witches have died over this secret."

Harry started. "Okay, Hestia."

Suddenly they were all on their feet and headed upstairs without really knowing why. Hestia shrank the book and handed it to Harry, and he put it in his pocket. Ginny met them on the way up.

"Ginny, what's going on?"

"I was just coming to get Tonks. I Stunned the portrait in your room, Harry."

"Phineas Nigellus Black. I heard him snickering last night, and Sirius told me Dumbledore put him there to keep an eye on me."

"Damn. What do we do?"

They continued walking to Harry and Ron's room. When they entered they found the twins, Hermione, and Ron all there.

"Tonks, I think we either have to kill the portrait or Petrify it."

"I agree, Hestia, but I think we should Petrify it. Harry, what do you want?"

"Me? Why me?"

"Because you're their lord, Harry," Sirius said as he came in the room. "Wow, who stunned Phineas? That takes a lot of power."

Ginny blushed and raised her hand like she was in class. Everyone laughed. Ginny huffed at them while Tonks hugged her. Sirius continued, "I hate to kill the old blighter."

"Yes, me too, Sirius," Harry added.

"Okay, Harry, here comes your first lesson as a head of the family." Sirius looked at the portrait and cast an Ennervate. "Phineas Nigellus Black, you are required to attend your lord."

The figure in the portrait obviously tried to leave, and then gave up. Turning to Sirius, he said, "Sirius, how may I help you?"

"Phineas, have you been told to spy for Dumbledore?"

"Spying is such a crass term, Sirius. I simply observe and report some of my observations to Dumbledore, a courtesy to a fellow Headmaster."

"Hmm, sounds like spying to me. Phineas Nigellus Black, you will report neither my activities nor the activities of my heir, Harry Potter, on pain of death of your image and ejection of your cadet lines from the Noble and Ancient House of Black."

Phineas squirmed, but finally he said, "Yes, my lord," and left the frame.

Sirius turned to Harry. "As current head of house, Harry, you are the ultimate authority over the Potter line, living and dead. As my heir you are second in authority only to me." Sirius turned to Ron and the twins. "I expect you Weasley men to obey your fealty to the Potter line as I do, and reveal nothing you learn."

A light suddenly dawned on Hermione. "That's why he took it so well! The Weasley line is subordinate to the Potter line."

"As are most lines, Hermione. There are only three lines as noble, and none so ancient," Hestia said.

"So which one is it?" George asked.

Sirius threw up a series of wards and called the house wards to secure the room. Harry sat on the bed. Tonks sat in his lap and put her arms around his neck; his arms naturally went around her waist. Harry looked very content suddenly. Ginny sat on his left and Hermione and Hestia on his right. Sirius barked out his odd laugh.

"Well, I think we know who is who now. Comfy, clan Potter? Okay, let me give a little lecture here. There were originally sixty-nine wizarding lines in Europe that we know of. Of them there were four that were the Superior lines: the Myrddin line, the Ravenclaw line, the Hufflepuff line, and the Slytherin line. These four lines are the Most Ancient and Most Noble Lines of Briton, England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland."

Ron, recovered from first goggling and then glaring, had his hand up from his position by his brothers on his bed. "Yes, Ron?"

"What about the Potter line and the Gryffindor line?"

"The anxious young Lord Weasley has noticed there seems to be a discrepancy here. The scion of the Myrddin line who came after Emrys had his name changed to Charlus Potter in order to protect him from the enemies of his family. The Gryffindor line is actually a cadet branch of the Potter line. Now, who can tell me how a cadet line is formed?"

"The second or third son having a family and heirs creates a cadet branch. If they perform notable deeds they're sometimes granted a name and crest of their own; however, their crest should contain the primary heraldic beast of the primary line in some form."

"Very good, George. Ten points to Gryffindor."

Hestia had reached across Hermione and pulled the book from Harry's pocket and expanded it. She found the page she had thought of and expanded it. It was a family tree; at the top of the main branch was Harry Potter and at the bottom were Myrddin Emrys and Emmeline Potter Emrys. She showed the book to Sirius.

"Sirius, they're all listed here."

Sirius looked at the page and his eyes opened wide.

"Hestia, I don't think a picture of a griffin is going to help."

Hestia looked at Tonks and said, "George, this is Harry's family tree."

"Hestia, George is right-that's a picture of a griffin. Magnificently done, but still...." Fred confirmed what George had said.

"Harry, what is the book to you?"

"It's the 'Pure Life' by Charlus Potter. I found it in your library, Sirius."

"That's a family book, Harry, or it has the same charms on it. Only Potters and their vassals with full oaths in place will be able to read it. How did it get into the Black family library, I wonder?"

"Then why can Hestia, Tonks, Ginny, and Hermione read it?" Ron asked as all the girls became absorbed in the book on Tonks' lap. Everyone in the room simply turned and looked at him. Finally he blushed and said, "Cor, Harry, who else?"

All of the guys in the room looked at Harry and he shrugged. "I don't know, Ron. They know and they tell me."

Ron looked at Hermione and she looked at Tonks. Tonks nodded almost imperceptibly. Hermione produced her copy of the list and enlarged it. She turned and stuck it to the wall.

"Hermione, what good is picture of a griffin going to do us? What is it you girls have with Griffins?"

Meanwhile, Harry had gone very pale. Sirius was cursing. "Hermione, how exactly did she get in this?" Sirius had his finger stuck on Bellatrix's name.

"Whoa, wait a minute-there are names there. Bloody Hell!"

"Ron, language!" He ducked his head as Hermione yelled and glared at him.

"Sirius, why can't they see the names or what's in the book?"

"They aren't Potters, Harry, or related to you. I'm guessing that my status as your father lets me see some of it, and my oath lets me see the rest."

"Father, Sirius? Did you misspeak?"

"No, Hestia I adopted Harry this afternoon. Remember, Harry is my heir. Keep it quiet, though."

The others digested this for a moment.

"Sirius, what about fealty?"

"Hermione, they haven't personally taken the oath, so the family oaths are enough to ensure some harmony while they're not of age, but not complete fealty. Maybe if they gave the oaths to Harry-I mean, we're going to have to get some type of oath, might as well reaffirm the longstanding oaths."

"We're willing, Harry," George said. Fred and Ron nodded.

Tonks rose from Harry's lap and he stood. The Weasley boys knelt in front of him and said in unison, "I swear my might and will in support of my liege, Harry James Potter, on my life and magic."

Harry replied, "I swear to support and defend my vassals on my life and magic." There was a huge flash of light. Harry didn't know where the words came from; he wasn't even sure what a vassal was.

George said, "Damn, Harry, Katie Bell? I was hoping for her."

"I'm sorry, George. I'll tell her."

The three Weasley brothers fell down and rolled around the floor laughing. Harry looked very hurt. Finally Fred said, "Harry, you could talk to her, sure, and that's why we love you. But my brother, you, and she have already talked on the most basic level in the magical world. All that you not having her or her not having you is going to do is drive her insane or kill her. Your job is to be the best man possible for the women that are compatible to you and unbonded. You have to protect them and support them; you have to be there for them. We'll help you do that. Our magic will eventually find the right girl. And if not, we're sure that some lovely girl will want to settle down with wealthy, powerful, handsome men like us, maybe even one of the girls on this list after your and their magic is satisfied."

Harry gave each one of them a hug and sat back on the bed. Tonks sat right back in his lap. He put his arms around her and pulled her in tight this time. He leaned up and spoke softly in her ear, "I'm ready now. I understand." Tonks, for the first time in her life, made a noise like, "Squee!" Oonly the girls caught it, and they all blushed furiously.

"Wait till we tell Bill and Charlie. Theyr'e going to flip," Ron said. He trailed away as he looked at the chart that he could now read. "Bloody Hell, Harry." This time no one said anything. "How are we going to do this? There are Slytherins on there, and Bellatrix. Mum's going to go spar."

"Ron, you can never tell your mother about this. She believes Dumbledore; we no longer do." Sirius looked in the eyes of the Weasley brothers. "We can discuss it more later, but for now you have to trust us. Dumbledore intends to use Harry as a weapon, we believe. We can't let that happen."

Tonks suddenly became all business. "Okay, we're going to start Time-Turning tonight. We'll use Madam Bone's home as a base. We'll be maxing out the Time-Turner, so we will be going back three days for every day. Sirius will cover for us and we'll expect you to help him, George, Fred, and Ron. We'll Floo to the Ossuary from the fireplaces in your or our rooms. So that works out to three days for every day; meanwhile we'll be spending the daylight hours at our normal jobs. This will be complicated, but we can do it. Nobody who has not given an oath to Harry is to be informed of any of this."

The Weasleys left with Sirius. Harry and Ron stayed and Harry started packing a bag. The girls all went back to their rooms and started packing. As the witches packed and talked, Harry spoke to Ron.

"So you're really all right with this?"

"Yea, I am. I know I've been a prat in the past, but I think most of that is behind me. I know you didn't make this happen, and after thinking about it I'm sure that this time I don't want to be you. Not to be rude, mate, but this is going to be hard. I don't mean the having sex with lots of witches, of course that could be okay, maybe. But you'll be bound to many of them. And then the kids-what are you going to do if, say, Katie takes your daughter away with her and marries Fred?"

"Ron, I just don't know. I'm still on Tonks wanting me. I haven't gotten as far in the thought process as you."

"Get some sleep, mate. I'll wake you up before midnight. I'm going to harass the twins."

Everyone wound down after packing their bags; and while the potential bonded all lay down to nap, Ron and the twins continued their discussions and Sirius wandered the house.

At fifteen minutes to midnight Sirius knocked on first the girls' door and then Tonks and Hestia's door. Ron woke Harry. Harry stepped through the Floo at precisely midnight.
Sign up to rate and review this story