Categories > Original > Romance > Forbidden Love

Chapter One: Goodbye

by permission_to_sin 2 reviews

Elizabeth says goodbye to an Italian Family, who also give and never will forget.

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-06-23 - Updated: 2007-06-24 - 1377 words

1Original
Elizabeth spent the age of 16-18 training to become a Huntress. Jonathan trained her himself, in a training fecility in Seoul, South Korea. Where the location was secure from London itself, and keeping Elizabeth from arousing suspicion about her 'death' before coming to Seoul.
Jonathan was killed two years after Elizabeth graduated, leaving Elizabeth devastated, Jonathan had, in a way become her surrogate father, and surrogate brother. He trained her well, taught her things people never learned in school, and eventually, she came to love the man, strictly as a Father and Brother she lost years before.
Elizabeth had to do what she was taught to do, she plucked out his teeth from his dead body, in a field, to keep any dental records of him turning up, and burned his body. That night, Elizabeth watched slowly, as his body burned, the smell of burning flesh was unbearable, but Elizabeth carried on watching, crying silent tears, as she watched her best friend and trainer burn before her. Not even getting a proper burial, but left in a field for whoever to find him.
Elizabeth, by the age of 23, had changed her appearance from what the Training facility made her hair become, into blonde, black undertones, and light blue extensions. Elizabeth had piercings placed on her face, and eventually, to hide more of her appearance, eventually got braces to straighten out her teeth, and tattoos to hide any evidence of herself.
It was protocol, and she had no choice but to follow through with what the Council wanted.
By an early age, Elizabeth had captured the eye of many Council members, who watched Elizabeth train like she was actually fighting, and eventually watched her hunt down clan after clan of vampires. The council saw this as pure motivation, but only Elizabeth knew, she was only doing what she felt right her family.

Elizabeth placed herself in her black Ferari, another protocol from the Council, paying for an expensive car for each Hunter or Huntress. It was a sleek car, but it didn't arouse suspicion. The only suspicion to be aroused was how Elizabeth got such a car.
When you graduate from the Training facility, with your license, you also leave with something each vampire themselves have. An ability. It could range from extra strength, to Dream Seeing. Elizabeth was one of the very few who received two, Micro Explosion, and a very rare one, called the Wings. The Wings were a gift given to her by the council, with the ability to move from one place to another. Micro Explosion was the ability to blow things up with one's mind or hands, Elizabeth mastered both, thinking of the future, if her hands weren't in use, and she had to use her mind, and the Wings, you start off as able to move from place to place in a room, then room to room, etc, until you could move across the world with ease.

The year after Jonathan was killed, Elizabeth was handed a case file, it was her first call in many years, and her first time receiving a case file, with just her name on, missing Jonathan DiBendetto across the top.
"You are not to kill a single vampire, unless your life is in serious danger. You are to move above a large Vampire Coven, who rents their apartments out to Mortals, become close with Lord Damien, Prince of Darkness, find out what he wants, then walk right out of his life, is that understood?" Asked Lt. Mable.
"Where am I moving to? Lord Damien moves around a lot and-"
"To London." Said Lt. Mable. "You are dismissed."
Elizabeth stared at Lt. Alexandra Mable, she had shoulder length blonde hair, when let down, and light green eyes, with a very serious and purse expression on her face, if she relaxed, she might have been attractive, if Elizabeth was attracted to women. Elizabeth walked out of the building, a Cathedral in Rome, built before the Renissance, and housed many hunters and Huntresses, and many new comers. Elizabeth walked through the market, until she came upon the 'Black Market' where a good friend of hers collected and sold many vampire relics and weapons used by Hunters and Huntresses of the past.
Elizabeth walked into the tent, when she heard Angelo's voice call out "I'm done for the night!" In his thick Italian voice.
"It's Elizabeth." Said Elizabeth's soft British Accented voice, soon a rummage of boxes, then a curse coming from the back tent area, Elizabeth saw Angelo, a man in his late Fifties, with dark tanned skin, dark brown eyes and greying dark brown hair.
"La mia signora Elizabeth! How may I help you?" Asked Angelo throwing up his arms, and wrapping his strong arms around Elizabeth's small frame, before kissing both cheeks.
"I'm here to collect a weapon, one used by Donna Isabella before the Renissance, word on the street is, you have it, along with the Sais used by Sayuri Tanaka, along with a bow and arrow used by Rosary Bellamont." Said Elizabeth. "Any price, I'm willing to pay."
"That's what I love about this woman, Michaelangelo! Come out!" Said Angelo. Soon, Michaelangelo, Angelo's eldest son, at the age of fifteen, and the younger image of his father, came out. "Angelo meet La mia signora Elizabeth, she is in the business I told you about. Get her the Donna Isabelle's sword, Lady Sayuri Tanaka's Sais, and the Bow and Arrows used by Rosary Bellamont, every arrow Angelo, along with the sheath for the sword. Come come! I'll have Angelo wrap everything up, and put into a bag I had made for such weapons, sit, have coffee with my wife, Arabella, my daughter Maria and Michaelangelo, once he's done."
Elizabeth smiled, and walked into the back room with Angelo. Sitting in a chair that Angelo produced, a plump woman came out, with a pretty little girl, who ran up to Elizabeth.
"I am Signora Elizabeth, what is your name?" Asked Elizabeth, bending down beside the little girl.
"Maria." Said the girl, shying away from Elizabeth, and hiding behind her father's large leg.
"She does not bite, Maria." Said Angelo.
"I promise, and I think I have a gift for a little girl as pretty as you are." Said Elizabeth, digging into her pocket, and retrieving a small necklace. "This necklace was given to me by my mother when I was a little girl, she said it was for a little girl as beautiful as I am, the same goes to you, a beautiful necklace for a beautiful little girl."
"She does not need a necklace." Said Arabella. "It is just too much, it's an heirloom from mother to daughter." Said Arabella, pushing Elizabeth's hand from Maria's neck.
"Arabella, I will not have children in my lifetime, so it must go to whoever I will it to. Just think of it as a gift for putting up with me for all these years. Besides, it's rude to reject gifts." Elizabeth put the necklace around Maria's neck, and turned the little girl around. "Give it to your daughter, or another special little girl when you are older, Maria."
"Grazie Perdere Elisabeth." Said Maria.
"And for Michaelangelo, I have my father's ring. I may not be coming back to Italy, and it always lingered in my mind to give these to you. This ring was my father's wedding ban, and I think it'll do just fine for you." Said Elizabeth, slipping the ring onto Michaelangelo's thumb. "So, is the coffee done yet?"
As Elizabeth, Angelo and Arabella laughed for hours on about the small dumb things Elizabeth used to do.
"I must get going, I have to go to London by Train in three hours." Said Elizabeth, smiling her goodbye. "How much do I owe you?"
"Just your memory forever with this family, Elizabeth, you said it yourself you may not be coming back to Italy, this is a goodbye present, and it's rude to refuse presents." Said Angelo.
"Tell Maria and Michaelangelo I said goodbye, and make sure they don't loose their gifts, and as for my gift to you, this." Elizabeth produced a was of money, and placed it on the table. "Remember, it is rude to refuse gifts."
Sign up to rate and review this story