Categories > Original > Fantasy > Dream World

Danger Among Friends

by Fue_Kurokawa 0 reviews

Will's plan goes awry, and Fye's on her own.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Fantasy, Humor - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-06-25 - Updated: 2007-06-25 - 1453 words

0Unrated
So, it'd been a few minutes ever since Will and I left the Inn. We're heading towards a forest. It's not as big as the one where I saved that kid... I really have to ask Will about his name. Not HIS, the baby's. I'd really like to know who he is... You know, just to know WHOM I saved instead of always saying KID this and BABY that.

"Fye... Hang on." Will whispers hoarsely, coming up behind me(because he IS behind, I always walk in front), scooping me up in his arms and running like the wind.
Why?
I haven't the slightest clue! He just looks... Worried. And angry at the same time. Angry I was walking up front or because something unplanned happened? Probably the latter, but I'll just keep quiet for now. I don't want anything to go wrong... And if someone's chasing us(which might probably be the case), I don't want us to be caught, now do I? Nope, I do NOT! Well, anyways. We finally arrive in a clearing. Will's been running for something like fifteen minutes now. And NOW, I understand why he seems so anxious; howling wolves. Crap. And here I thought we'd be in peace because of our proximity to the village! Looks like I have to review my ideals and premade conceptions of the world... Because OBVIOUSLY, Yume is nowhere NEAR Reality. Nothing's the same. Beings, litterature, religion, perception of things...

"Listen to me closely." Will growls as he sets me on the ground, his golden eyes glaring around. "To use your powers, always think what you want BEFORE you say the words 'Nie hor Masika chitawa chijiru'. Understand? You're going to have to remember those words, you're going to need them." He finishes, standing up, and turning away. But just before he starts walking, he simply turns his head to see me. "And whatever you do, don't do ANYTHING your mind tells you not to."

"R-right. But what if..." I start, but shut up when I notice Will's eyes narrowing at me. Well, that message was passed on 'loud' and clear!

"Just do what I say if you want to live." He adds, before leaving. This time... I really AM scared that he's leaving forever. I mean, that's what most of the people I know did. Arianne, Chloé, Steph, and a bunch of other FRIENDS...
Pah.
He can leave if he wants. I'll... Just find my way on my own. And, besides, I can just go see Iyenta. She seems nice enough... Yeah..! I'll just go to a bunch of people who know I'm the next god and they're SURE to take me in!
...Unless they totally oppose the gods in general and want my immediate death so that this world doesn't burst in wars everywhere.
They'd just be plain old se-

"Well, look who's here..." I hear behind me, as I lash around to see the eyes of the man(since the voice was that deep) who spoke.
And find myself looking DOWN. Oh crap. Big big wolf I clawed earlier. Oh mah damn.

"Eh, hi, mister Wolf. I'm really sorry for before! I just thought it was a..." I start AGAIN(dang, I never finish my senteces!), but then rethink that little bit of information. They might not know I'm a God yet... And saying 'I thought it was a dream!' would give EVERYTHING away!
"I... Didn't know you were a Vadjur. I really AM sincerely sorry." I finish, bowing and closing my eyes. Stupid move. Now, whoever he is can but tear my neck right off. YAY.

"Back off, Zahun." Comes yet an OTHER male voice. I mean, what the HECK? Are there only guys in this stupid world or WHAT?!

"...Loci, what a pleasure to meet you again! Perfectly healed, I can see." Soo-called Zahun said, striding around me to go see the fox BEHIND me. Damn. Everyone comes for BEHIND me or what? It's like a sick and twisted little habit.

"Caoimhe, Blaz, please make sure our little Goddess doesn't take advantage of this moment to run off. Heller, Euna, go after Will. He can"t be too far off. Bring him to me." Zahun adds in a dark tone, nearly growling.

"What about me, Ishie?" a female, white and grey wolf calls, taking a step forward. She doesn't seem like much... And that's all I have time to think about before realising I have a shabby guy and some just-as-shabby woman around me. Probably the wolves... Caoimhe and Blaz, right?

"...Don't you have anything better to do than pester me, Lareyne?" Zahun shruggs in apparent annoyance, as the younger wolf takes a few steps back.

"The hell?" I mutter, earning myself two glares from Caoimhe ad Blaz. "Well what? It's stupid so shun one of your own. Shouldn't you stick together or whatever?" I continue, crossng my arms.
Then they all snickered or laugh. To hell with them!

"Stick together? With THAT little tramp?" Zahun laughs, as I can fully admire the steps of a transformation from wolf to man. Funny how they change, fully clothed. "We would've killed her ages ago if she didn't always seem to know who everyone is!"

"Gomen nasai, kami-cha- OUCH!" Lareyne cries, after being hit to the head by Zahun.

"Don't appologize to her for giving us her name!" He growls, pulling the girl back by the skin on her neck.

"Let go of her." I growl, taking a step forward, the two vadjur doing the same. "And step back. You don't know what I can do."

"Neither do you!" Blaz laughs, ruffling my hair.

"...NO ONE...Touches the hair." I growl again, menacingly, and remember THOSE words. "Nie hor Masika chitawa chijiru." I say in a straight line, thinking about that oh-so perfect staff/axe I drew a while back.
And then, just like magic, there it appears in my hand. And THEN the wolves back off.

"Damn it, Zahun! You said she didn't even know about her powers yet!" Caoimhe shouted, snapping her head around to see her leader.
Or at least, he SEEMS to be the leader. I might be wrong, too.

"Just a slight miscalculation." He shrugged, not tearing his eyes off the staff. Axe. Whatever.

"SLIGHT?!" Blaz belows, stomping up to the head wolf, taking a handfull of hair and pulling it back. "Not even Skye and Raine know how to make stuff appear without nearly kiling themselves..!" he growls, letting the head male go, turning towards me and kneeling. "I truly am sorry for our behavior."

"...Talk about a change of hearts..." I shrug, crossing my arms. "But you're not forgiven. You've taken advantage of my perfect innocence."

"WHAT INNOCENCE?!" They ALL cried, almost maing my ears bleed.

"...I'm not a god." I state simply, saying the biggest, fattest lie in my whole entire LIFE. "This staff; it's just an illusion."

"Impossible!" Lareyne cries, looking above my head. "I'm sure you're a God! I-I never get things wrong. I-I can see it. I j-just can!"

"Well, too bad for you, you've got the wrong person." I shrug, looking around a little. "And, besides, do I look like someone from Reality?" I ask, poiting at my clothes.

Thank god Will brought me shopping before we left town! Otherwise, I'd have no excuse as to why I'm not a Realian right now... And then, I'd totally be screwed. Remind me to thank him later.

"Now, call your wolves back. I don't want anything happening to Will." I growl, suddenly feeling my blood coming to a boil. Considering this is me we're talking about, that's not a good sign.

"Why would I?" Zahun smirks, walking up to me, only to start circling around me. Like...

Crap, like a wolf trying to trap its prey. And to hell with me if I'll ever let myself be captured by some cold-hearted bastard that abuses of an innocent woman!
...Oh, right, and then there's Loci. Speaking of which, where IS he?

"Fye, RUN!" I hear him yell, and I really don't waste a second before taking my legs to my neck and running for dear life.

I can hear the other wolves running behind me. WOLVES, yeah. Because I'm pretty sure they turned back to normal once they realised Loci'd done whatever to distract Zahun and let me run... And NOW I realise how purely selfish I'm being by letting Loci get totally killed my that jerk of a Vadjur. I can't just LEAVE him there!

"And where do you think YOU'RE going, girly?" Blaz snickers, slowly walking towards me just after I'd turned around.

"To save Loci."

"Just try to get past me"

"Amordel mara Fin dein Rodkl."
Sign up to rate and review this story