Categories > Original > Fantasy > Dream World

Of Snow and Wolves

by Fue_Kurokawa 0 reviews

Fye has to learn to fight, and Will knows how.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Humor - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-06-25 - Updated: 2007-06-25 - 1179 words

0Unrated
I slept pretty well last night. Dreamless sleep... I guess I'll remember it when it happens. Like usual. Oh well... I don't really care at the moment. I'm too busy freezing my ass off in the freaking snow! Good thing Will and I went shopping this morning for boots and a warm(er) coat. Both black, heh. Guess that's my trademark color...!

We've been walking for an hour now. Geez, and HOUR at, what?! MINUS FORTY TWO DEGREES CELCIUS?! How do I know it's been an hour? I happened to have what's called a WATCH(magnificent little piece of technology!). How do I know it's -42°c out? That's when I start swearing because I'm freakin' freezing. God, I swea-... God. Ess. Me. Can't I just... Oh, I don't know... Make the weather a little more human-friendly??

"Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiill~?" I call out lazily to him, who never seems to run out of breath. Not really surprising, since, I mean, he IS half wolf... And wolves run around a lot, on account of they need to hunt a lot to survive and all that...

"What's wrong?" he asks back, stopping and turning around to look at me with some weird worried air. Not the characteristic Will there...
Not used to seeing him worried. Pretty funny how his face twists around...

"Eh, just wondering, can't my god powers make the weather any, oh, I don't know, WARMER?" I ask in an annoyed voice. I hate the smirk he has on...
It can't mean ANYTHING good for me.

Will chuckles softly and turns back around to walk on. I guess I might've upset him... Since he WAS giving me that geography lesson, and I really haven't been paying the slightest attention to what he's been saying. I was too busy staring around at the animal. Wondering... If they were Vadjur, like Will.

"I'll tell you how to clear out the clouds if you can give me the capital of Kudjyev." Will replied smugly, giving one last glance back at me....
And GOD.
He was flat-out SMIRKING at me! That little sonova...! I mean, he KNEW I wasn't listening! And yet he PERSISTS in making me freeze my ass out in this freakin' unbearable weather straight from a very frozen hell! Geez...
Sometimes, I hate Will.

*
"...YAY! BED!!!" I yell, throwing my very giddy self on the nearest, and, to my great horror, ONLY bed. Daaaaaang...

Will and I've stopped at an inn. I don't remember, nor do I CARE enough to remember, this village's name. Oh well. Life's life and the world still spin.
...It DOES spin here, right..?
But, the problem STILL is that there's only one bed in the room. And two people. Dang. And right when I'm about to actually voice my thoughts about this to Will, he LEAVES to take a shower! DAMN THAT LITTLE...!
Oh well, I guess I might as well make myself comfy and look around.
...Not much to look AT. The room isn't that big, smaller than the one we were in before. But it still looks and FEELS cosy. When you walk in, at the far left is a fireplace, and a one-man couch sitting near it. In front of the door, a good ten feet away, is the bed, right under the window. At the right is the bathroom and mini-kitchen. Colors are dark and warm; the entire room just seems to shine with its own light.
Creepy thought... Monster house. Heh... That'd be funny. Shower eats up Will. Tchyeah, that'll be the day...

After an intense session of boredom 101, Will FINALLY comes out. But LORD, the only thing he has on are his pants. Chest is totally revealed. And now... I understand why it was bandaged before. Sure, there are scars, and fresh ones, too.. But he has tattoos...
Nice. Makes him look SEXIER.

"...Emblems of the Vadjur and the symbol of Yume..." Will explains, quirking a brow at my staring. Well what? A woman has every right to stare at a very toned chest... MAN chest.

"...Where'd you get them? I didn't... Think that you could even HAVE tattoos in Yume." I ask, resisting the very powerful urge to pounce on Will and just POKE the dang tattoos.
Yes, I'm an obsessive poker.

"...They were forced on me by the first Dreamer." He says darkly, sitting on the edge of the bed I'm sprawled on. Well, THE bed, in fact.

"But that's just cruel... Why would he do that?" I ask again, sitting up to be facing him. Will doesn't seem to keen on explaining everything... I'll let the subject go after he answers my last question.

"I don't really know. » Will shrugs, crossing his arms. Oooh, he has a tattoo on his back, too..! "I suppose he just wanted me to remember my duty and place in the world."

"...But what does the one on your back mean? The... Celtic knot?" I ask, for the last time. I don.t want to bug him any more than necessary.

"It represents the circle of life. How everything begins and ends... And how some things never DO end." He says, turning to face me. I don't really KNOW he's bluntly staring at me... I'm just guessing he is. Because he's not speaking, and he turned to face me.
Weird bloke.

"What about you?" Will asks suddenly, and I tear my eyes away from the knot. I was trying to follow the lines... But I kept getting lost.

"What about me WHAT?"

"Do you have... Any scars?" he asks with a hint of regret, but hey, it's not like I'm some kind of cold-hearted, closed-up and conceited donkey.

"Yeah, I have three... Eh, wait, five." I say, trying to count the exact amount. "Eh, scratch that, I have... Ten. Ten scars, but most of them come from operations. Spent a lot of time in the hospital when I was younger..." I chuckle nervously, trying not to feel TOO small under Will's intense staring.

"You have one on your lip, inside your mouth, one of each leg, two along each jawline and on your finger... Where are the three others?" He says, smirking at how aghast I look.
Damn, the guy actually payed attention to my body...
And if SOMETHING unnerves me, it's knowing I have a two-thousand year old guy staring at every inch of me. Freaky thought, FREAKY thought...!

"Lower abdomen. Two to the right one of the left; bone marrow transplant and removal of a useless organ..." I sigh, letting myself fall back unto the bed.

"Nothing from a fight?"

"No, I never fought anyone. Never got the chance to. If I'd have any reason to fight, it'd be at school... And if I DID fight, I'd get kicked out of school, and I'd deceive my parents more than ever... Which I'd hate to do." I muttered, putting my hands behind my head. "Though I know how to defend myself, I don't know much about fighting at all, really..."

"Well, we'll have to fix that."

"...How?"

"By making you fight the wolves."
Sign up to rate and review this story