Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > You're appealing to emotions that I simply do not have, right?

The Reason

by patdfan27 1 review

Pete is in Japan missing Vicki, but when Pete can not get ahold of Vicki he starts to worry. Where is she and why isn't she answering her phone? Read Rate and Review!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-06-27 - Updated: 2007-06-28 - 1188 words

0Unrated
Pete's POV

The last week and a half has been difficult but fun. I miss Vicki like crazy but the phone calls and phone sex makes the time away from another less difficult. Today was our last show before we went back home and I couldn't get a hold of Vicki all day. I kept leaving her voicemails and sending her text messages but no response. Before we went on stage I sent Dirty to call all the numbers I could think of to try and reach Vicki he left and made the calls. 3 minutes before the show starts Dirty comes back in.

"Come on you guys you need to get to the stage now." The rest of the guys headed out the door and Dirty followed.

"Hey Dirty did you get a hold of anyone with those numbers I gave you?"

"What? Umm no, but I'll keep trying while you guys are performing." I nodded and went on stage. Japan was great and the show was amazing. Once we went backstage after the show I found Dirty on the phone and quickly closed it when he saw me.

"Did you get a hold of Vicki?"

"No but you need to sit down and not freak out."

"Why do I need to sit down and not freak out? Dirty where the hell is Vicki?"

"She was involved in a car accident and she is in surgery."

"Is she going to be ok?"

"They won't know until they explore the damage. They said she was bleeding internally and they needed to see how bad the damage was before they could evaluate her status."

"When did you find all this out?"

"Right before you went on stage."

"What?! I could have been two hours closer to getting to her but instead I was performing in front of a crowd when the girl I love could be dying." I stormed out of the dressing room and went to the airport on the first plane to LA. My plane landed and I got a taxi to take me straight to the hospital. Once there I saw Butch and his wife in the waiting area. Butch had a cast around his arm and many tiny cuts on his face.

"Pete glad you are here."

"Where is she? Is she ok?"

"We don't know yet. She had her first surgery last night and now they had to do a second one because she started to bleed out more."

"What happen? I heard it was a car accident?"

"Sit down and I will tell you." I sat down and he began his story. "We went out to lunch and there was paparazzi following her. They were asking her questions about you and her and she just avoided them. After lunch we got into the car and I drove off. Vicki noticed that there were several cars following us and began to worry. We stopped at a stop light and once it turned green another car ran the red light and hit Vicki's side head on. The car flipped and the next thing I remembered was waking up here."

"Butch I don't know what I will do if I lose your daughter."

"Me either." We sat there in complete silence until a doctor comes out with the look on his face that no one wants to see.

"Your daughter's body went through its share of damage and went through several blood transfusions. We had to remove her spleen and part of her liver. She suffered several broken ribs which collapsed a lung. She is going to have to have a long difficult recovery, but she is going to recover."

"When can we see her?"

"As soon as she is stable. She did suffer some severe blood loss and it may take awhile for her to wake up. She also has a tube in her mouth to help her breathe. So be patient but you can sit with her until then." We all nodded and waited to go see her. When we were finally allowed to see her, she seemed so helpless. Butch and his wife sat on one side and I sat on the other. I held her hand and began to cry. I thought we could be at a beach right now watching the sunset together telling each other we loved one another. But instead I am watching her helpless and not able to do anything. She did not wake all through the night and I couldn't get any sleep. The doctor removed the tube from her mouth and said it is a good thing she can breathe on her own. Her status didn't change much the next morning and Butch suggested I go home.

"I am not leaving until she wakes up." He nodded and told me he and his wife were going to get something to eat and they will bring me something. I nodded and continued to sit next to Vicki.

"You know no matter how stubborn you can be or how angry you get at me over the littlest things, I have always loved you. Since that first time we met at Starbucks I knew you were different. It was like meeting the reason to breathe for the first time. I nearly lost it when I found out you were in an accident. I got on the first flight here and I almost thought I lost the reason to breathe. Now I know that I can never lose you no matter what happens because I love you with all my heart and I never want to stop loving you." I kissed the back of her hand and I felt her gripping my hand.

"Vicki, are you awake?" She slightly opened her eyes and smiled slightly. She was about to say something but I stopped her. "Shh, they had to put a tube in your throat to help you breathe and your voice might be harsh." She nodded slightly and mouthed I love you too. I smiled and began to cry. She motioned me to come closer and I kissed her. Her parents came back into the room and were surprise to see her awake. I went to go get the doctor and they ran test on her. When we were allowed to see her again she smiled at all of us as she sat up in her bed.

"The doctor thinks I may have a more speed recovery than he thought."

"That's good right?"

"Yea, and I might be able to leave the hospital as soon as tomorrow."

"Good and I will be there every second when you need me." She nodded and looked at her dad.

"Daddy are you ok you barely have said anything to me."

"Yea I am just so sorry that you are even in here."

"It's not your fault it was that driver who took the red light. I never blamed you and I never will." Butch gave her a kiss on the forehead. "So with this scar I was thinking of covering it up with a tattoo." We all laughed and stayed by Vicki's side.
Sign up to rate and review this story