Categories > Original > Fantasy > Its in the Blood

Mutation and Transformation

by darkdreams 0 reviews

If you suddenly found youreself awake with hyperactive senses, What exactly would you do? What else would you do if you suddenly saw the person, The Person who had done this to you! What if you...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-06-28 - Updated: 2007-06-28 - 795 words

0Unrated
It doesn't take much to become a creature of the night. Just one very hungry vampire and the merging of blood. But let me tell you the pain is incredible. Every cell in your body is transforming into a mutation of itself. The pain just wraps itself like red hot irons around every inch of your body and squeezes. Inside and out. When I finally woke up I didn't know where the hell I was. I defiantly wasn't in the cemetery that was for sure and there was something soft under my head. A pillow. I turned my head to one side slowly. My neck felt stiff and a dull ache throbbed all over my body.

I was in my flat in my room. How strange. I thought I had blacked out in the cemetery then I remember the sharp pain in my throat. I lifted my hand to my neck. As soon as I began to move pain exploded all over. Unintentionally I screamed. A shadow raced over to my side and clamped a hand over my mouth. 'It's okay' he whispered 'Not long now not long now'

- - - - - - - - - -

It was a week later when I could finally move without pain. I drifted in and out of dreams. Not knowing where I was or who was looking after me. All I knew was my name and was being repeated over and over again in my head. Like a lullaby that sang away the pain. It was like that light you can see at the end of a very long dark tunnel that seems to go on forever. It was my hope and I clung to it. What I didn't know was that it was this hope that kept me alive. Many die in the transformation into vampire. Many more die than survive. I was lucky, very lucky as Luke later explained to me.

I opened my eyes and sat straight up. The room was dark it must have been midnight. I was still wearing the clothes I had been wearing a week ago. Then I realized something was wrong, I didn't just realize it I could feel it, see it, hear it, smell it, and taste it. My senses were working in overdrive. Even though it was pitch black I could see everything perfectly clear as if it was day. I could fell every crease of the blankets on my legs. I could smell everything. Sweat, Blood, Plants everything. I could taste a scent on the air. I can tell you something it mad me so dizzy the world spun in circles around my head.

I think I tried to hide under the blankets but I sort of fell out of the bed, landing with a loud thump on the floor. Suddenly the light was flicked on and I could hear footsteps crashing in my ear. I tried to hide in my suffocating blankets anything to be away from the light. 'Turn it off' I hissed at whoever it was that turned the light on. The light was flicked of.

I took my head from the blankets and tried to wriggle out of the blankets that being my first priority. Then darkness cooled my eyes and instead of being blinded I could see perfectly. I finally stood up and glared at the man standing in my bedroom door. He glared back. 'What are you doing here' I asked coldly.

'Keeping you alive' he answered. I must say I was surprised. It must have showed din my face 'Well you've been unconscious for more than a week. My eyes widened and I looked at the clock above my bed.

'How are you keeping me alive, you were the one who out me in this position' It was true now I was fully awake I could remember every exact detail up to the point where I blacked out.

'Well sorry, but sometimes I need to drink other peoples bold to survive! At least I didn't leave o to die like many others would have'

'So you're a vampire then. I should've guessed'

'What do you think I was a bat or something' I shook my head. Ouch bad idea, violent shaking of the head caused my jaw to hurt terribly. Gingerly I touched it. It was puffy and swollen. I touched one of my teeth.

'What the hell is that' I asked myself. Long and sharp teeth. Teeth that weren't mine. Teeth I shouldn't have had. 'I think you have some explaining to do' I said more calmly than I felt. Luke just nodded.

- - - - - - - - - -

It would be helpful if you could give me a review. Ideas are welcome if you wish to give them. oh and sorry for any spelling mistakes or when things don't make sense.
Sign up to rate and review this story