Categories > Theatre > Rent > No Day But Today, Right?

Chapter 1

by wickedlywildrent 0 reviews

Roger wonders if he should let another love escape his life. Mau/Roger. Please read!

Category: Rent - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Mark, Maureen, Roger - Published: 2007-06-30 - Updated: 2007-06-30 - 879 words

0Unrated
As soon as Maureen's lips left his, Roger started freaking out. Why had they had just done that? What if Mark found out? Would he hate him? Had he actually enjoyed that kiss? All of these questions started running through his mind and he just couldn't stop them. As soon as he got one question out of his mind, in popped another one.

Finally, he decided that he had, after all, enjoyed the kiss. Roger had always secretly yearned for the diva but no one knew that except for himself. And he even hated admitting it to himself. Ever since high school when he first laid eyes on her, he had a crush on her but Mark had gotten to her first and she was attracted to the scrawny film maker so he wasn't about to stand in their way.

Well, now Mark and Maureen were finally broken up but he still couldn't go for her because Mark was still in love with her. He would be crushed if he found out that his one true love and his best friend had gotten together behind his back. He wasn't about to do that to him. He couldn't. He had to pretend like he hated the kiss.

"Maureen, what did you do that for? We are just supposed to be friends and friends do NOT kiss!" He said, practically yelling by now.

He wasn't really pretending, he actually was pretty upset that she kissed him. Not because he found her disgusting but because it could potentially ruin his best friendship.

Roger got up off the couch and began pacing around the room, wondering what he was going to tell Mark or if he was even going to tell Mark anything at all. After he was tired of walking in circles around the room, Roger sat back down on the couch and put his head in his hands. He had no idea what to do. He looked up at Maureen, a little more calm this time.

"Maureen, tell me that was a mistake. Tell me it didn't mean anything to you. Tell me that you were just being friendly. Please just don't tell me that you have feelings for me. You just can't," he told her, his eyes pleading her to say what he wanted her to.

He knew that if Maureen told him that she loved him or even if she just sort of liked him, then he would be tempted to kiss her again and he couldn't do that. Not when it would be considered stabbing his best friend in the back.

Another thought occurred to him though. How could he let love escape his life once again? Was it really fair to him to have to turn Maureen down? He had already lost two people that he loved. He didn't want to lose another one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Maureen had been sitting there the entire time, enduring Roger's anger and confusion. She was really beginning to be hurt. She had liked the rocker for so long but Mark was the one who was always there for her. She always figured that the rocker was too good for her. She had always been able to get any guy she wanted except for him.

After Roger was through yelling at her she felt tears stinging her eyes but she couldn't let herself cry. Not in front of Roger.

She looked into his pleading, emerald green eyes and just melted. She was getting lost in his eyes again. So many times Roger had thought that she wasn't listening to him because she was thinking about other things, but the truth was she was always lost in his beautiful eyes. That was what she loved most about him physically. His eyes. She loved his hair too. Especially when it was all short and choppy and bleached blonde. That was her favorite hair style on him.

She quickly had to bring herself out of Roger Daydream Land though because he was still looking at her, expecting her to say something.

"Fine, Roger. It was a mistake, it meant nothing to me, and I was just being friendly. I don't have any feelings for you whatsoever," she told him, obviously just saying that because he wanted her to. "I'm just going to go now since you don't want anything to do with me," she told him as she quickly left the loft, finally allowing the tears to pour down her cheeks. She couldn't believe she was this upset over one guy when plenty of both men and women all over New York would kill to be with her.

She ran down the stairs of the industrial loft building and when she got outside, she allowed herself to finally stop running. She leaned against the hard, cold brick of the building and slid down it, her ass landing hard on the cold sidewalk. She pulled her knees up to her chest and buried her face in her knees, crying and crying and crying. Who would have thought that Maureen Johnson would be one to sit there, crying over some guy. She had to admit it was the first time she had really cried over a guy. Maybe this was the first one she was really in love with.
Sign up to rate and review this story