Categories > Theatre > Rent > No Day But Today, Right?

Chapter 2

by wickedlywildrent 0 reviews

Not good at summaries...just read. XD

Category: Rent - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Mark, Maureen, Roger - Published: 2007-06-30 - Updated: 2007-06-30 - 372 words

0Unrated
When Maureen ran out of the loft that way, Roger knew that he had hurt her. He felt horrible about it but he thought maybe it was for the best. Now he didn't have to worry about hurting Mark, right? But he had hurt another friend so was it really worth it? Either way he was going to be hurting someone.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Outside, Maureen still sat, bawling her eyes out when along came Mark. He realized that the distraught woman sitting in front of the industrial building was the one and only, Maureen Johnson.

He approached her and sat down next to her, taking this opportunity to comfort her. He wrapped an arm around her rather small figure and held her close. Even though Maureen had dumped him, he had never stopped acting like a boyfriend to her. It was times like these that she was grateful for that.

"Shh, Maureen, everything's going to be okay," he reassured her. "Do you want to tell me what happened?" He asked her softly.

She shook her head immediately. There was no way she was telling Mark about what had happened between her and Roger. He would be furious and even worse, so would Roger.

"Nothing happened," she told him, but still continued to lean into his comforting arm. "I'm just a little emotional today, Mark. That's all."

Mark almost laughed at that. Emotional? No, he never would have guessed. Maureen Johnson was never emotional. Yeah, right. "I understand," he told her, still comforting her.

Mark always understood. Why had she ever let him go in the first place. Joanne had always accused her of cheating which is why their relationship had been brought to an end in the first place. Roger obviously didn't want her in that way at all. Or at least he didn't show it. Mark, however, was always openly showing his emotions towards the drama queen and had never made her cry.

The diva needed someone to be with now, seeing as she was extremely afraid of being alone, and Mark was there. Maybe she was still vulnerable because of her little argument with Roger but for whatever reason, she leaned in and kissed the cute film maker right on the lips.
Sign up to rate and review this story