Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Season 8, Episode 1 : A New Beginning

Chapter 1 - The Dream

by sailorchick321 0 reviews

Ever wander what happened to the gang after they destroyed the Hellmouth in Sunnydale? Well now you can find out. Disregards all Angels after Buffy ended. co-written with becca582.

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Angel, Buffy, Dawn, Faith, Giles, Kennedy, Robin Wood, Wesley, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] - Published: 2007-07-01 - Updated: 2007-08-13 - 1736 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1 - The Dream

On the bus Buffy checked the wound she had. It didn't look too horrible and had already stopped bleeding. She knew it would heal quickly so she tried to relax and rest. Angel and I can't have a life together. We tried that, a lot of people died because we tried to be together. Maybe we should only stay for one night and leave. That would be best for both of us. With a deep sigh of regret that her dreams would never come true, she got comfortable and went to sleep. She wasn't asleep for long when she started to dream. Her dream came from a forgotten memory three years earlier.

She was in LA to tell Angel to stay out of her town and life. He had come to Sunnydale just the day before. Angel had gotten word that Buffy was in danger, so he went to protect her without letting her see him, but everyone else knew that he was there. Only after Angel left did Xander let it slip that he had been there. Buffy headed for L.A. to set a few things straight. She remembered when she arrived a Mohra demon attacked them and Angel smashed the jewel in its forehead to kill it, but that is not what she saw happening in the dream.

Buffy saw herself and Angel. He was wearing all black and looking as handsome as ever. She had on a black long sleeved shirt and a long fitted skirt. She saw herself close the door to his office and turned to face him. Angel, a little shocked, was having trouble meeting her eyes.

"Well, umm, it's good to..." Angel started to sit on the desk, and then thought better of it. "Can I get you anything?" he asked.

"How about - an explanation?" Buffy asked letting her arms slap her thigh, "Who do you think you are coming to my town and following me around behind my back?" Her whole body was ridged.

"I'm sorry." Angel started at the floor, still unable to meet her eyes.

"What is this? Some new torment you cooked up just for me?" she fumed.

"No, I don't want to torment.."

"What is it?" Buffy asked gesturing wildly with her arms, "You can see me, but I can't see you? What are we playing here?"

"We're not. I'm not playing anything. I wrestled with this decision.." Angel defended finally looking at her.

"Which you made without me."

"I tried to do what I thought was right. It's complicated how this all happened, Buffy, you know? It's kind of a long story." Angel started shifting his weight from one foot to the other foot.

"You're new sidekick had a vision, I was in it, you came to Sunnydale?" Buffy asked sarcastically.

"Okay, maybe not that long."

"You didn't feel that I was important enough to even tell me that you were there." Buffy stated trying not to show how much it hurt her.

Angel looked at her: "I'm trying to explain. It's because I felt that you're important that I didn't tell you." He took a small step toward her.

Buffy lifted her gaze from the floor to look at Angel. She had her arms wrapped around her middle as if she were trying to comfort herself. "I'm a big girl now, Angel. I'm not in High School anymore. A lot has happened in my life since you left."

"I know. I respect that." He just stared at her.

"And I don't need you skulking around, trying to protect me." She gestured with her arms again and looked down. Angel looked away from her. Buffy realized what she said, "Unless, of course, I'm in some gigantic fight to the death, which - I was last night." She looked back at Angel. "That was you, helping me, wasn't it?"

Angel looked at Buffy with big puppy dog eyes. "I was in the neighborhood - skulking." Angel perched on the edge of his desk closest to Buffy. "I'm sorry if I handled it wrong. I mean, what else was I supposed to do?"

Buffy wrapped her arms around her middle again and wouldn't look at Angel. "I don't know. I just know that when you're around, whether I see you or not," she paused and looked him in the eye, "I feel you - inside - and it throws me."

"Throws me, too." Angel just stared at her.

"So let's just stick to the plan. We keep our distance until a lot of time has passed. Given enough time we should be able to.."

"Forget?' Angel finished for her. There was a sad tone in his voice as well as hers.

"Yeah. - So, I'm gonna go - start forgetting." Buffy turned for the door but stopped when a green skinned Samurai demon with a curved sword and a red jewel in his forehead crashed through the window behind Angel.

Angel got up from the desk and faced the demon only to be kicked in the face.

"Angel!" Buffy yelled as she ran to help. Angel landed on his desk and barely avoided the first stroke of the demon's sword by rolling across his desk.

Buffy kicked the demon back against the wall, Angel came up from behind his desk and threw an ax at it. He missed.

They fought the demon together, but didn't manage to kill it. The demon turned and jumped out the window leaving the two of them on the floor picking themselves up. Buffy uncomfortably adjusts her shirt and looks everywhere but at Angel. "Friend of yours?"

"Never saw it before." Angel looked from Buffy to the window that the demon jumped out.

"It was rude. We should go kill it." Buffy finally looked at Angel.

"I'm free."

Buffy next saw Angel walking on what appeared to be a dock late at night. Two glowing green eyes watched him from behind. Suddenly the demon jumps out and attacks him with the sword slicing across the palm of Angel's right hand as he spins around. Angel looks at the blood on his hand then vamps out and attacks.

The demon sliced off the head of Angel's battle-ax, and Angel manages to knock the sword out of the demon's hand. The demon pulls his short sword (about the same length as what's left of the ax handle) and they continue fighting. In the end Angel managed to grab the demon's sword hand and turned its hand to stab it in the heart with its own sword. The demon fell back as Angel stared at the glowing green blood that covered the cut right hand.

The blood swirls around and sinks into his cut, which closes up in front of his eyes. A light races from his right hand through his whole body as Angel collapsed with a strangled cry. Angel came back up gasping for air and heard the sound of his heart beating.

Angel staring at his hand in disbelief: "I'm alive."

The next thing Buffy knew she is standing on a pier in the sunlight when Angel walked out and kissed her. Buffy and Angel go back to his place. She woke to find he had gone to fight the demon and being human now could get killed. She went after him. When she fought the demon Angel told her to break the jewel and the demon would die. Buffy then sees Angel talking to the Oracles, asking to be made a vampire again.

Buffy next saw Angel telling another her that this day will be gone and she would not remember. Suddenly Buffy and Angel are in Angel's office; just like at the beginning of her dream. The demon came through the window and Angel killed it immediately. She told him to stay out of her town and left.

As Buffy walked out the door of Angel's office herself and the her of the dream become one. A spirit is shining in front of her. She recognized it as one of the Oracles Angel spoke to. "Child, this isn't just a dream. This day actually happened." Angel heard the voice and walked in the room to investigate.

Buffy and Angel exchange a look of shock. "Angel knew he couldn't protect you or anyone else as a human. The End of Days that the Mohra demon spoke of just came to pass and you stopped it when you defeated The First. That is why you now remember this day. You can finally be together. ."

Angel and Buffy could not have been more shocked if the Master had just walked in the front door in broad daylight. The fate looked at both of them. "Use the blood of the Mohra demon to become human. You know where to find it. The answers to all your problems are right at your finger tips. There are no tricks. You have both fulfilled your destinies. This is your reward. Enjoy it. " She vanished.

Buffy woke up with a slight jerk. What the? Could that have possibly been real?

**

Angel sat up in bed breathing hard and sweating. Not unusual for his dreams to cause that especially when Buffy was in his dreams. The dream was so real. He had dreamed of that day before, but the Oracle had never appeared and spoken to him. And Buffy always walked out the door and out of his life. Why was this time different? Angel climbed out of bed, not bothering to put on a shirt; he walked out onto the balcony for some fresh air. The cool night air hit his clammy skin and immediately began to cool. His thoughts however were going a mile a minute. Is the battle over? Did they survive? If Buffy were dead I would feel it, wouldn't I? I didn't last time she died, or the time before that. If they did make it, where are they going to go? Will they stay in Sunnydale? Will she stay with Spike?

His thoughts were driving him crazy. He wasn't sure how much time had passed while he stood on the balcony. With an irritated sigh he walked back inside and closed the door to the balcony. As he started to climb back in bed he heard a knock at the door. Angel pulled on his robe not bothering to tie it closed and answered the door. Buffy stared up at him, "We won."
Sign up to rate and review this story