Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Not So Ordinary

Friends Are Golden

by carcrashhearts 0 reviews

Pete and Haley try to be just friends.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-07-04 - Updated: 2007-07-05 - 811 words

0Unrated
Haley's POV

I woke up the next morning to a phone ringing. But wait, it wasn't my ringer, it was Pete's. It took me a second to realize where I was. I must have fallen asleep, and Pete let me stay here. I rolled over, half expecting Pete to be there, but he was in the other bed talking on his Sidekick. It felt weird to be waking up in Pete's bed without him next to me.

"Good morning," he mouthed at me when he saw me looking at him.

I grinned back at him and made a face, causing him to laugh.

"Okay, I'll see you in a little while," I heard him say, before hanging up.

"Who was that?" I asked, sitting up.

"Patrick. He's going shopping, and wanted to know if I wanted to go with him."

"Damn. That boy has enough shoes already," I laughed.

"Tell me about it. He's got more than you."

"I've got an excuse, I'm a girl. When are you going to meet him?"

"At one." It was only 11 now.

"Can I go?" I asked, giving him my puppy dog eyes. "Pwease?"

"Don't see why not. C'mon let's get ready."

An hour later, we both had showered and we're getting in my car. I wound up borrowing a pair of Pete's jeans, shirt, and hoodie.

"Do you have any of your own clothes on?" he asked, as we drove to Starbucks, so Pete could get his caffeine fix.

"Um...my shoes and the obvious stuff. Think I even got some of your socks on."

Pete rolled his eyes. "You have like two closets worth of clothes, and you're still borrowing mine?"

"But your clothes are better than mine," I whined, as I pulled into the parking lot.

"That they are," he laughed.

I glared at him as we walked through the parking lot, but then suddenly grinned. I ran and jumped on his back yelling, "Piggyback ride!"

Pete stumbled for a second but then regained his balance. "Oof. Way to warn me before attacking me."

I just kept laughing, as we met Patrick at the entrance. Patrick shot me a questioning look to me, and mouthed, "What's going on between you two?"

As Pete put me down, I mouthed back, "I'll tell you later."

To be honest, I wasn't exactly sure where Pete and I stood. But for the time being, I just wanted to spend time with the two of them, like we used to do in the days before Fall Out Boy was famous.

We spent the rest of the afternoon acting like it was old times.

"Peter," I sighed. "You don't really need that Harry Potter hoodie."

"But I like it," he pouted.

"I know you like it, but you don't need it." I felt like I was talking to a 3 year old.

"But I want it," he said, stomping his foot.

I looked at Patrick for help, but he just shook his head and said, "You're on your own here. I'm not going to get between Pete and a hoodie."

I sighed. I wasn't going to win this fight. "Fine. You win Pete."

He jumped up and down and rushed to the register to purchase it.

"Just so you know Pete, I'm going to steal that hoodie from you," I said, as we walked out of the store.

"Never!" he yelled as he ran ahead.

A couple of hours I pulled back into Pete's driveway. Turning the car off, we sat in silence for a moment.

"I had fun today," I said, turning to face him. 'Okay, now you sound like a teenager on a first date," I thought to myself.

"Me too," he said, flashing a trademark Pete Wentz smile. "Did you want to come in?"

I bit my lip thinking. It would be easy to stay and for everything to go back to the way things were. As much as I wanted that, none of our problems would actually be solved. Eventually we'd be right back here at this point.

I took a deep breath before answering. "I don't think that's a good idea."

I felt my heart drop at the disappointed look on Pete's face.

"It's not that I don't want to, but I don't think that's the best thing for us right now. I'm sorry." I looked down at my lap.

"Hey," he said, reaching out and turning my head to look at him. "It's okay. As much as I want you to stay, you're right."

"I am?"

"Yeah. Remember, it's one day at a time."

Pete reached over and hugged me. "I'll call you tomorrow, ok?"

I nodded, as Pete kissed my forehead. With a wave, he climbed out of the car. The moment the door slammed shut, tears of frustration slid down my face. I angrily swiped them away, as I headed home.
Sign up to rate and review this story