Categories > Celebrities > All-American Rejects > The Letters

Letter 3

by JMSBBHB 0 reviews

A mysterious author begins to write letters to a friend telling the story of a girl named Mara and how meeting a boy supposedly named Ryan changed the life of her and her bandmates.

Category: All-American Rejects - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-07-05 - Updated: 2007-07-06 - 1185 words

0Unrated
Dear Sexy

In these past few days while I have been hiding out I have found a good amount of time to write. I found a safe house in a location I will not disclose for safety reasons of course unfortunately this house has no computer but I did find this type writer so I am able to write you the next section of the story and like I mentioned before I have had much time on my hands so this will be a bit longer than the others. Now back to Mara and Ryan. I believe they were headed to the park when we last left them...

Mara walked back into her house to slip on some shoes while Ryan stayed outside playing with the golden retriever whose name was Dexter. She found her favorite pair of tennis shoes, threw them on, and ran out the door. "Let's Go!" she yelled to Ryan as she began walking down the street toward the park. Ryan pulled Dexter to follow him as he caught up with her.

"So just curious, how old are you, Ryan?" Mara asked befuddled why a guy who looked to be 22 would have to live with his relatives.

"I'm 18. I'll be heading to college in September," he replied simply.

"Really?" she questioned in surprise.

"Yeah, why?" Ryan replied quickly.

"Oh, nothing. I just thought you looked a lot older than 18," she explained.

"Oh, yeah, I get that a lot," he laughed.

"I don't doubt it."

Ryan smiled at her and Mara almost swooned. He was beautiful. He looked like some one she knew but she couldn't put her finger on it. 'Man, this is gonna bug me!' she thought.

"How old are you?" he questioned her though she looked a little far off.

"Huh?... oh umm, I'm 19. I'll be 20 in a few weeks, though," Mara answered.

"So what are you doing at home still?" Ryan interrogated her as they crossed the street to the park. Dexter started to pick up pace and it took a lot of Ryan's strength to hold him back.

"Well, I'm only here for the summer. It saves money to stay here when schools out."

"Oh yeah rent must be a bitch."

"No not that. Actually, a couple of us girls from this city are in a band. So we need the money for equipment."

"I know it costs a butt load to buy all the shit you need," Ryan replied.

"Yeah, so are you in a band?" Mara asked.

"No, Why?" he responded quickly.

"Oh... it just sounded like you were since you know all about the equipment," she said simply.

"Oh, no. I just ... checked it out once," he said than quickly changed the subject. "So where do you go to college?"

"Umm ..." Mara was confused by the sudden urgency to change the subject, but she accepted it anyway, "I'm not really sure right now I don't think I'll be going back just yet, because we want to try to get our band signed. So we are all really just putting our effort into that right now."

"Oh, cool." Ryan began to walk in the direction of the playground.

They both headed straight for the swings and sat down. Dexter wasn't happy sitting in one place, though, and was extremely fidgety. Ryan pulled on the lease to get him to calm down, but he had little success. The dog just kept trying to walk forward and pulled so hard he yanked Ryan off the swing.

"Looks like we're gonna have to keep walking," Ryan sighed.

"That's cool with me," Mara replied.

They walked around the park talking about this and that, but mostly that. Both were extremely happy because they seemed to get along perfectly. They never really had an awkward silence because they just felt that comfortable with each other. After awhile they started to realize Dexter was getting tired because every time they slowed down he would take that as an opportunity to sit or lay down.

"We should head back I guess," Mara said while laughing at the old dog on the ground.

"Alright," Ryan replied, "I feel like Dexter, anyway."

Mara laughed at him.

They made it back a few minutes later and went their separate ways after saying bye to one another. Mara went straight for her T.V. because at any moment Criminal Minds would be on. 'Oh, Dr. Reed you are a god,' she thought. It ended up being a rerun but Mara did not care one bit because it happened to be the one where Dr. Reed had to guard the actress girl, and he is extremely cute in that episode. After it ended Mara went upstairs to her room to check her e-mail. There wasn't much there: a few e-mails from girls looking for "some fun" ('damn spam' Mara thought), a couple of e-mails from old teachers getting back to her on a couple grade problems, and one e-mail from a girl in the band, Mickey. She was he lead singer of the band and she help Mara write songs. The e-mail she sent was full of lyric ideas she was hoping Mara could help put together. Mara didn't feel like working on them right then so she saved the e-mail and closed all her windows. She glanced at her background for a split second and then hibernated her computer.

It was getting late and Mara was tried so she went to her bed and laid down, but nothing happened. She just laid there. Her eyes would not close. She couldn't fall asleep, so she stared at the ceiling in complete silence. Well, not complete silence cause than she heard singing come through her open window. Mara willed herself to get up and check out who it was. She squinted to see more clearly out into the neighborhood. She found the source of the music. It was Ryan who was sitting out on his uncle's front porch writing in a notebook. She looked at him for awhile and listened to him singing. It was actually quite beautiful. Then it hit her. Now, she knew why he seemed so familiar. Of course, she saw him everyday even before she met him.

Mara threw on some slippers and ran outside to talk to "Ryan." She quietly skulked out of the house and then walked across her lawn toward "Ryan." He looked up right when he heard her coming.

"Hey, what's up?" he said in surprise as he clutched his notebook to his chest.

"I know who you are," she replied. "I know why you look so familiar."


So sorry Mary Beth but I must go. It's time to move again. I can't stay in the same place for long. I will write again soon. I just hope you can live with this cliff hanger for a few days. Please contact me soon and I will write you the next part. This time how you contact me is up to you just give it to the girl that drives you and she'll make sure I get it.

Yours truly,
Beautiful
Sign up to rate and review this story