Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > The Mountain

FIVE

by Sticky 2 reviews

Brendon and Brent race up the mountain on a mission to rescue their favorite guitarist

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Published: 2007-07-06 - Updated: 2007-07-07 - 449 words

0Unrated
My legs felt like they were going to give out. This was my second time climbing this mountain in one day. I sucked the frigid air into my tired lungs. Somehow I managed to ask Brent "Why? Why are you helping me?" He was in front of me; he was running much faster than I was. He didn't even look back when he said, "Because I still care about you guys." My heart skipped a beat with those words. How could he still care about us? When we acted like spoiled children towards him.

"How much further?" asked Brent
"Not much." I answered about to pass out

We ran for about a quarter of a mile more when I started to feel faint. I could hardly see the path in front of us.

"Brent. You keep going I need to sit down for just a minute." I shouted at the blurry figure ahead of me. I assumed that was Brent.

"Brendon? Why are you talking to that tree?" I heard Brent shout from further up the trail
"What? I'm just so dizzy. I need to sit down." I whispered dreamily as I sat down on the ground.

Brent sat there with me for almost thirty minutes. He didn't want to leave me alone in the woods. Plus he couldn't find the cave on his own.

"So, what are you doing now? I heard you have a new band?" I asked numbly
"Yeah, I have a new band. It's not my main focus though. I'm going to college. I want to be a doctor."
"Oh. That sounds nice."
"How much further do you think it is?"
"About a mile."

We jogged that last mile in silence. The both of us were thinking about Ryan and secretly praying for his safety. We came to the opening of the cave. I shouted to get Brent's attention. We walked cautiously into the pitch-black cave. Brent reached into his pocket and took out a lighter. He lit a small log on fire and used it as a torch to guide us.

"Ryan?" I called as Brent waved the torch around searching for our friend.
"Ryan?" I called again. This time louder. My echo only answered me from deep inside the cavern. I waited a minute then listened closely. Suddenly I heard the single most beautiful sound, Ryan's voice.

"Brendon?" He said just above a whisper
"It's okay Ryan, we're here." I nearly shrieked rushing towards his battered heap of a body.
"We're? Do you have the doctors with you?" He said softly as he turned his face to look at me.
"Well, he's going to school to become a doctor." I said glibly
"What?"

Sign up to rate and review this story