Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Way Home Is Through You

Ch. 9-Close Call

by MCR-Andi 5 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-07-07 - Updated: 2007-07-08 - 849 words

0Unrated
He spun me around and helped me sit down on his bunk.

"Oh. Lemme clean this up a bit." He said leaning over me to grab sheets of paper off the bunk, some blank, and some filled with pictures and/or scribbles. He smelled like a mix of cigarettes, sweat, and something that smelled of sandalwood. It was intoxicating. I was frozen in my place. He kept brushing me with his arm and stomach.

Finally as he was pulling himself out of the bunk space, his arm brushed against my chest, and I felt myself immediately go hot. He must've noticed what he had done, because he stopped for a split second and cleared his throat. He was now mere inches from my face. I didn't know what to do, but I guess it didn't matter, because I felt like I was being sucked in closer. Gerard licked his lips; just then we heard an evil cackle and the sounds of motors.

"Goddamnit, Frank!" Gerard yelled hopping up.

I sunk into the small mattress covering the bunk. I tried to go to sleep but my thoughts consumed me. 'I thought he had a girlfriend? Didn't he? That's what I've been hearing. Maybe he just got caught up...it happens. Jeez Andrea. You just got out of a relationship. Yesterday. Well, Tuesday. Isn't it a bit early to be thinking about a new one? Yes. It IS. Besides, he just got caught up. I'm sure he misses his...whatever she was.'
Those thoughts kept repeating themselves in my head until I fell asleep. I woke up after what seemed like a few hours. I never could sleep well in strange places, and this was definitely strange. I just lay there, and let out a heavy sigh. I was bored and I wanted to go back to sleep. I tried for what I guessed to be an hour, but it wouldn't happen. I finally got up to use the restroom and hobbled my way there. When I came out, I almost ran into Gerard. We both just stood there.

"Couldn't sleep?" He asked.

"I slept for a bit. What time is it?"

"About six."

"Did you sleep at all?"

"Yea, just woke up. When did you wake up?" He questioned.

"Five? I'm guessing." I shrugged.

"Oh. Well. I'm up for a little bit. You can come back and chill if you'd like."

"Rad." Was my answer.

"Need help?" He asked gesturing to my foot.

Not wanting an event to occur like earlier, I declined. He ignored it however and proceeded to help me to the back room.
We sat down and Gerard turned to me "How's your foot?"

"Eh. Better. Still hurts like a bitch though."

"It looks pretty swollen. You sure you don't want someone to check it out? We have an on hand first aid person if you need 'em."

"Eh, maybe. Whenever we get to the next venue, if we have time."

"Yea, I've been looking for tickets. But I need to know the nearest airport to where you live."

"It'll be in Evansville, Indiana."

"You guys drove all the way from Indiana?"

"No. We drove from Henderson, Kentucky. Evansville is about a 15 minute drive from Hendo -er...that's what we call Henderson."

"Ah gotcha. Well." He typed a little on his laptop. "Well there's not a straight flight to Evansville for today. I don't think there's one connecting..."

"Oh."

"Don't worry though, I'll keep trying." He said hurriedly.

"Oh no, it's fine. I like the thought of seeing 'a day in the life' of M.C.R, ya know?" I chuckled.

"Yea, I'm sure." He smiled.

Then we fell into a silence. Fearing that earlier this morning might bring itself up somehow.

"Would you like to use the computer?" Gerard spoke up, breaking the uncomfortable silence.

"Sure." I said. I took the computer from Gerard and checked my MySpace.

When I was brought to my home page, I was surprised when Gerard spoke up. "That's a cute picture."

I turned to him shocked. "It's neat, I mean." He covered. I looked at what he was seeing. Me with longer hair blowing a bubble.

"Thanks." I didn't want to, but I blushed. I exited out of the window and handed Gerard his computer.

"We'll get you some clothes. I told Mark to take a detour to a mall. So we'll be heading there in a few hours I guess."

"Thanks. I feel really bad. I don't mean to be such a burden."

"I'm telling you, it's fine. I offered." He was starting to sound annoyed.

"Yea well. Can't help it." I shrugged.

"I'll even throw in a pack of cigarettes."

"Psh. Nein. I'm using up enough money as it is. I'm going to start feeling like I'm sucking the My Chem Bank dry." I chuckled.

Gerard chuckled, but persisted "Think of it as a 'get well soon present'. What do you smoke?"

"Newport menthols. Expensive em-effers."

"Well, I guess it's a good thing you met a band, huh?"

"Don't make me feel worse." I told him.

"Alright sorry."
Sign up to rate and review this story