Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > You Drive Me to Distraction

Chapter Seven

by danceislife 1 review

Starbucks...yum

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2007-07-08 - Updated: 2007-07-08 - 958 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Please start!" I muttered under my breath, turning the key. My car and I have a love hate relationship. It loves to torment me and hates to start, especially when I need it to.

Starbucks. Coffee. Yum. I was hoping they would have my favorite cinnamon chip scones as well. With a horribly grinding noise radiating from my car's engine, I decided to walk instead. It wasn't too far, and I had plenty of time. Finding the correct Starbucks proved to be a more difficult challenge. I found my luck steadily improving. I woke up looking surprisingly good. My hair was naturally curly, and even though it had been straightened the day before, the Midwestern heat wave we were currently experiencing made it fall into soft golden waves past my shoulders. Walking briskly, my favorite flats slapping the cement with each step, I noticed how the wind blew softly against my skin in an almost caressing manner. Wait, what was I thinking? I don't have these sorts of thoughts! At least not normally. I was feeling poetic, however I couldn't figure out why.

No, I'm not dense. I knew. It was the dialog Patrick let slip, and what I let my mind believe: That Brendon had felt that connection, and he was the one Patrick was referring to. Why else would he have been attacking Patrick with, wait, what was it again? Peanut butter? Yes, that's it. Oh, yum. Peanut butter. My stomach growled in response.

Looking up, I smiled as I noticed the infamous green and white sign. As early as it was, and as little sleep as I had had, I was glad Patrick had called. I probably would have slept until noon, and I always feel guilty doing that. I decided to order without him, getting my favorite summer time drink: caramel frappucino with organic milk and an extra shot. Sure, over priced, but damn, it sure made me feel better. They also had my scones. Score! After paying, I waited awkwardly by the counter. I never knew what to do in these situations. Thankfully, it didn't take too long and I grabbed a couch in the corner facing the window.

Happily munching my scone, I was to enthralled watching people passing by that I jumped when a pair of hands covered my eyes.

"Guess who?" a voice said.

"Patrick" I laughed, but was surprised when another set of hands removed my drink.

"Why do you have multiple limbs?!" I laughed as my eyes were uncovered and I noticed Patrick in front of me, taking a sip of my drink.

"Hey! That's not nice!" I said, reaching out for it again. Wait, the other set of hands! I whipped my head back around at a group of two guy and a girl, whom I had met the night before.

"Hey Alex," Greta stated, taking a seat next to me as Joe, and Brendon sat across from us with Patrick. Greta was wearing a cute printed sundress, with her hair falling in waves as well. Patrick noticed the similarity as well.

"Whoa you guys look like a lot alike!" he said, pointing back and forth between us.

"I guess we do," she said laughing.

"Greta is fucking gorgeous though!" I said as the rest of the group laughed.

"I'm going to go get something to eat. I'm starving!" Greta said, standing up. Brendon and Patrick followed, but Joe stayed behind.

"Not hungry?" I asked, making myself more comfortable on the couch.

"Naw, not yet. I don't like eating right away in the morning. Sorry we woke you up" Joe started, but I cut him off.

"Don't even start apologizing. I hate not getting up before noon. I feel like I'm wasting the day! And it's such a nice one too," I interrupt, giving him a smile that he immediately returns.

We continue making small talk about the nice weather and usual Midwest weather when Greta, Patrick and Brendon return. The next hour is spent eating and joking around. Perhaps it's just how well our personalities mesh, but it is almost as if we have known each other for years, not hours.

"Well kids, as fun as it is hanging out with you, I have to be somewhere at noon. I'll catch you later," Joe says, leaving us in the no longer quiet Starbucks.

"Since he's leaving, I guess we should too. Plus, it's getting crowded. Wanna just walk around downtown? Or are you doing something Alex" Greta says, standing up to throw away our trash.

"I guess I can take the day off. Let me call my roommate though. I haven't talked to her in over two weeks. I should probably make sure she's still alive." I said, stepping away from the group once we were outside.

"Hey Al, what's up? How was your vacation?" Mary's voice floated through the cell phone speaker.

"Hey. It was good. Kinda boring, I'll tell you about it later though. I'm going to hang out with some people I met today, okay?" I replied, twisting a bit of hair around my finger.

"Actually that would be great. I felt really bad, but I made plans with my sister to go shopping, but I knew you were gonna be home and I felt bad. This works out perfectly. Wanna do dinner tomorrow?" she asked.

"Sure. Sounds good. Our regular Italian place then. See you then!" I said, and hung up.

"So what's our plan?" I asked once I got back to the others.

"Shopping my dear, shopping," Greta said, grinning holding out her arm to me.

"This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship," I said, linking arms with her's. And indeed it was.

That's it for today. NOW START REVIEWING!
Sign up to rate and review this story