Categories > Original > Fantasy > Woverin Domination

Chapter Six

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

The human race becomes dominate to a half man half wolf breed of species. Two people fight to survive while being hunted as renegades. Please R&R.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-07-10 - Updated: 2007-07-10 - 482 words

0Unrated
Aaron pushed me behind him as the bushes in front of us rustled. He gripped his knife, ready to defend us if they decided to attack. The bushes parted and a lone Woverin stepped out, he looked to be about fourteen. Probably just ended his last growth spurt and was now a foot solider.
The Woverin stared at us, sniffing. He looked past Aaron at me, then growled in a rough voice.
"Hello mother," Aaron gasped in surprise, but I barely heard him as I stared at the son I had left behind.

I stood there in shock, the only word I could utter was, "Micah." Then I was pushing past Aaron and taking my son in my arms. He hugged me awkwardly at first, then harder as I began to weep tears of joy.
I cupped his face in my hands, staring into his eyes. "I wanted to take you with me," I told him, "but the Woverin laws of successors wouldn't allow it. You are Kel's first born son. But I've thought of you every day since I had to leave."
I turned to Aaron who was watching everything in silence, "this is Micah," I told him.
"It's funny you didn't tell me about him earlier Kendra," Aaron said angrily, causing me to step back as if he had slapped me. Micah growled deep in his throat and stepped forward, but I restrained him with a hand to his arm.
"Please let us talk Micah," I implored him. He nodded, "I will be past these bushes," he growled, casting a warning glare at Aaron, before he turned and left.
I went over to where Aaron was standing with his back to me and put my hand on his arm. "I should've told you about Micah," I said to him. "But I was afraid that you would reject me." Aaron turned and put his hands on my shoulders. "Never be afraid to tell me anything," he said pulling me into his embrace.
He lowered his head and kissed me gently, "I will always love you." He said roughly, no matter what.
We broke apart, then hand in hand, we walked through the bushes to where Micah waited.

Micah was waiting with a group of four teenage Woverins. Aaron started to tense, but I squeezed his hand reassuringly. Micah broke away from the group when he saw us emerge from the bushes.
"This is my mother Kendra." He told the other Woverins, then he did an astonishing thing. He drew his blade, before kneeling before me. "I vow to always protect you my mother." He said, pressing the hilt of the blade against his forehead. After a moments pause, the other Woverins did the same.
"We are at your service," Micah said to me, before glaring at Aaron. The message was clear. They would die to protect my life but not his.
Sign up to rate and review this story