Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Don't You Know I Am Who I Think I Am

A Rush Of Blood To The Head

by falloutpanicgirl 3 reviews

Abby's lost it. She can't take it anymore. A year's gone by still no Melanie. Mel's new parents are treating her nicely,hoping they forget Abby and Patrick.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover, Drama - Published: 2007-07-11 - Updated: 2007-07-12 - 1262 words

0Unrated
Chapter 15: A Rush Of Blood To The Head
Patrick's POV
It's been a year since we left Wisconsin. We haven't heard anything on Melanie. Not a day, hour, minute, second goes by that I don't think of my baby girl. When I'm out I look at girls her age. I wonder if one of them is her. Right now I'm in bed. I look over at Abby. She is finally asleep. When we came back she went into a deep depression. She is on Prozac and Ativan. She can't fall asleep without Ativan. Pete has warned me to watch her closely. Abby opens her eyes. "Hey baby." I say. There is no life in her eyes. "Hi." She gets up. "Abby, I know it's hard." "Patrick, please. I don't want to hear it." She grabs the bottle of Ativan. "No. Not now. Start the day and see how you feel." "Patrick, I need them." "Where's my Abby? Where's the girl I fell in love with? I want her back. We lost our daughter and I can't lose my wife." "You already have." She ran to the bathroom. She was getting worse.
Abby's POV
I ran to the bathroom and sat on the toilet. I couldn't tell Patrick. I sat and cried. Patrick knocked on the door. "Baby, let me in." "I just need to be alone. Please understand." "Just don't do anything." "I won't." I know he's worried about me. I hate myself for that. I need to get out. I leave the bathroom and get dressed. "Patty, I'm going out. I'll be back later." "Abby, Abby!" I know he was running after me. I was quicker. I got in the car and left. I went to the cafe down the street. I ordered a coffee and and sat in a booth. I needed to clear my head. I didn't think it ever would be again. I took a pill and put it in my mouth and drank some water. "Abby?" I look up. Oh god no.
"Hi Pete." I really did not like him. There was something about him. "I haven't seen you in awhile." "Yeah, kinda staying home these days." "Can I tell you something?" He gave me a smirk. "What?" "You look terrible." "You sure know how to charm a girl, Peter." He laughed. "Well, I feel terrible." "Wanna talk about it?" I looked at him. I thought why the hell not. "I'm pregnant." "Congratulations. I'm surprised Trick didn't tell me." "He doesn't know." "What? Why are you keeping this from him." "Do I look like I'm in any shape to carry a child. In the last year I've lost 50 pounds. I barely weigh 100. I have permanent dark circles under my eyes. I need pills to get through the day and to sleep. And I don't want this baby. I made an appointment." "What kind of appointment?" "Abortion." "No, Abby. You can't. Patrick will not forgive you." I looked at him. I started crying. "I miss her so much, Pete. Why did I do it?" "Abby, you did what you thought was best. But this, this isn't. If you don't tell him...I will."
I started crying harder. Pete came to me and held me. "Let me take you home so you can talk to Patrick." "Okay." Pete took me home. "Do you want me to come in with you?" "Just take me in." Pete and I went to the door. Patrick opened it before I could turn the door knob. "Abagail Michelle Gilbert Stumph, where the hell have you been? And Pete what the fuck are you doing here?" "Patrick, calm down." Pete said behind me.
Patrick's POV
"Let's go in." Pete said. I went to the living room. Abby sat down. She looked scared to death. "Will you be okay?" Pete said. "Yes, thank you for everything." "Anytime. Patrick, can I talk to you?" "Yeah." God, were they sleeping together. I had such a knot in my stomach. "What is it?" "Abby has something to tell you. Try and be open about it." "I will. Thanks for bringing her home." "Anytime. See ya." I closed the door and went back to the living room. Abby was staring into space. I sat next to her. "Baby, what's wrong? Please tell me." She looked at me. "I'm pregnant." "You are. Oh my god. When are you due? Have you been to the doctor?" "Patrick, I made an appointment for an abortion." "What? Why would you do that?" "Look at me. Really look at me. I'm a mess. I'm beyond a mess." "Baby girl, we will get through this." "No, I go in two days. I'm not keeping this baby." "Abby, if you kill this baby, it's over. I can't be with you. You gave our daughter away and now only god knows where she is and this baby you want to kill. Tell me you won't."
She was looking down. "You blame me for Melanie getting kidnapped. Why didn't you tell me?" She looked up at me. For the first time in a year I seen something in her eyes and I didn't want to see it. It was hurt I was causing her. "Why, Patrick? Why didn't you tell me?" "I don't blame you. So what are you going to do?" "How can I carry a baby? You tell me. How?" "Fuck, Abby. You won't even try. You won't go one day without those god damn pills. One day you're going to take too many. I'll have to bury you and I won't. You mean the world to me. I'm scared to leave you alone. I watch you sleep to make sure you are breathing. What life is that for either one of us. So tell me, what are you going to do about the baby?" "I'm keeping the appointment."
Abby's POV
I watched as Patrick packed up a suitcase. He was going to Pete's. I couldn't believe it. He was actually leaving. "Patrick, please don't go." "I'm not staying with you. I can't. I want the baby. I have always wanted to be a father and you are taking that away from me. So when you go to your appointment think of that. You aren't just killing the baby you are killing our chances of being together, of having a baby, and me being a father and you being a mother. Think of that." With that he was out the door. I went to the living room and sat by the piano. Patrick would play for me to help me sleep. On top was a picture of Melanie and I. I put it down and went to the bedroom. I laid on the bed and rubbed Patrick's side. I cried. I didn't want to hurt him, but that is exactly what I was doing. For once I feel asleep without my pills.
No One's POV
"That one is Pablo and the hippo is Tasha. Ryan, we have been watching the Backyardigans for a year now." Brendon said. "Shhh. I'm watching this." "Sorry Miss Melanie." Ryan said. "It's alright." Melanie ran and jumped onto his lap. "Ryan, when am I going to see my real mommy and daddy? I miss them so much." "I know sweetheart. Give us some more time. Okay." He looked at Brendon. "I'm going to go to my room and color." She ran to her room. "Brendon, we need to give her back." "No, she'll forget soon. Patrick and Abby will be out of her mind. Once that happens she will call us daddy."
Sign up to rate and review this story