Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Look For The Boy with a Broken Smile

[[07.]]

by zildjian1039 6 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-07-13 - Updated: 2008-12-28 - 1343 words

0Unrated
1-15-06
"MOM!",I screamed ,as I bursted through the door and threw my purse on the ground.
"Shhhh,Allie.I'm right here.",mom replied,looking up from her newspaper.
"How did your date go?" [it made me smile that she knew it was a date without me even telling her]
My voice quivered with excitement,as I explained my night with Patrick in detail.
She gave a mother-like smile.
"That's great,Allie.I'm glad you're happy now. He's a sweet boy,too."
I flopped down on the couch next to her,probably dreamy-eyed and such.
"Yeah,and first thing tomorrow I'm calling Scott and telling him it's over." I barely talked to the kid anyways, he was always away with his family. For a while there I even forget I was dating him.
My dad looked up from his book. I knew there was trouble just by his glare.
"You're what?"
"Dad,didn't you hear? Patrick took me out to dinner and to the movies,and then he took me to that hill,you know the one down past the church,and he kissed me.It was amazing."
My smile quickly escaped as I saw my dad's stern face.
"What...Dad?",I was puzzled.
He shut his book.
"That boy is no good."
"Patrick?!"Are you kidding me? He was the most amazing person in the world.
"Yes. You watch and see,he'll turn out just like his dad,a lazy alcoholic.And there's no way in hell I'll let any guy hurt-"
"Just because his dad is a bum doesn't mean he will be. Besides dad,why are you judging you don't even know him!"
"I know enough about him. Why can't you stay with Scott?He's a nice boy,handsome,atheletic. He's more of what I want for you."
"Scott has a SEVERE anger problem,whether you know it or not.Patrick is talented too.You just have to get to know him,that's all.And besides,it's not really about what you want,it's about what's good for me right?You just have to give him a chance."
"People like him don't deserve chances."
"People like HIM?What do you mean people like him?Because he's not rich?Is that what this is about?Everyone deserves a chance."
"That's not what I meant."
"THEN WHAT DID YOU MEAN?" By then I was done being nice. I'd had it.
"Allie,this discussion is over.I won't allow you to see him and that's final."
"Oh come on Mike. He's a very polite,good looking young man." , my mom interjected.
I stood to my feet.
"I can't believe you're being like this",I made sure I yelled before I escaped to my room.
---

I spent all night in my room,laying in bed thinking about how shallow and unfair my dad was doing.
He and I never fight and for the most part, he approved of all my boyfriends.
After a sleepless night,I finally fell asleep at some early morning hour.
---
1-16-08
A knock on my bedroom door woke me up after what seemed like minutes of being asleep.
"Come in.",I said weakly.
My dad walked in.
"Give me your cell phone and keys."
"Why?"
"I don't want you calling him,or driving anywhere with him."
What. A. Douche.
I grabbed the things and stuck them into his hand.
"Dad what has gotten into you?You never act like this"
"I'm doing what's best for you."
He left,and I heard him pull out of the driveway.
I buried her head in my hands, groaning.
Well this is gonna be a fun day. No car, no cell phone and no Patrick
I started to get dressed to go over to Patrick's,but a thought came to me.
There was no way my dad took away my cell phone and keys,when Patrick lives right next door and I could walk over and see him.There had to be more to it.
I decided not to go over,and just to play it safe for at least today.
---
Halfway through a movie I started to watch on Lifetime,the doorbell rang.
I opened it to find a smiling Patrick ,holding out a handful of red roses.
"They reminded me of you,because they're beautiful.",he explained,blushing slightly.
"Awww Patrick.Thank you",I said ,throwing my arms around him and giving him a kiss on the cheek.
He was such a typical little charming romantic boy. I couldn't help but be flattered by his gifts and compliments.
"Come in."
He sat down.
"Patrick,my dad doesn't want me seeing you.",I stated,while putting the roses in a vase on the table.
His face dropped.
"Don't worry,I'm not gonna listen to him."
"Allie I should go.I don't want your dad-"
I sat on his lap.
"Patrick,I'm not giving up the one thing I love because he wants me to."
He returned the smile and gave me a quick kiss on the lips.
"Let's go for a walk.",he said taking my hand.
---
We walked slowly,just taking in the time we had together and enjoying each others presence.
"Did I tell you?I can't believe I forgot.I'm in a band now,with Pete and a couple other kids we met at school."
"Really?That's gonna be lots of fun."
He started to explain more ,when a car sped down the road past us,flipped a bitch and came back and stopped next to us.
Oh shit.Scott.
The car door swung open,and slammed shut just as quickly.
"Who is that?",Patrick asked,as Scott jogged towards us.
"Allie!",Scott cried."I've been trying to call you all-"
He stopped mid-sentence,glancing down at my hand in Patrick's firm grip.
"Who the hell is he?And why is he-"
God , I couldn't stand him.
"Scott...",I began."I was gonna call you this morning but it slipped my mind.I didn't want to have to spring it on you like this but,we're over."
Scott crossed his arms.
"Why,because of this faggot?",he said,jabbing his hand into Patrick's chest.
"SCOTT.Don't touch him.",I protested. Remembering Scott's violent past, I knew what was coming.
I stood in front of Patrick ,protecting him as best she could. Although I doubt my 112 pounds would be enough to keep back a football player.
"Let him take care of himself!",Scott tried to get Patrick angry.
But nothing effected Pat so it didn't work.
Patrick stepped in front of me.
"I don't want you to get hurt,Al."
Within a second,Scott swung at Patrick,catching him in the eye,breaking his glasses. The lens shattered and cut him under the eye badly.
"You done?" Patrick asked.He bent down to pick up the frames of his glasses when Scott made his next move. He knocked Patrick over flat on his face and kicked him in the elbow so hard that I heard a disgusting crack.
Patrick made no noise. He just layed on the ground, his face contorted with pain breathing heavily.
Scott stormed back into his car.
"Patrick!",I was crying now.
His face was bleeding badly in a couple different spots, and there was a lot of blood collecting on the sidewalk.
"Jesus Scott!Give me your phone,I need to call 911"
"Fuck you",Scott called out the window,and he sped away leaving a cloud of smoke.
I started to sob.
"Patrick it'll be ok.I'm gonna go get help.",I held onto his hand.
He pulled his cell phone out of his pocket with his good arm and handed it to me.
I dialed frantically,but he seemed to be calm.
I just didn't understand why Patrick had anything to do with the situation. It wasn't HIS fault I was cheating on Scott. He didn't even know about us. It seems that people blame their problems on all the wrong people. I happen to know that very well.
Sign up to rate and review this story