Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Look For The Boy with a Broken Smile

[[08.]]

by zildjian1039 4 reviews

fiohsdfjvndsl

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-07-14 - Updated: 2007-07-14 - 725 words

0Unrated
I paced nervously around the waiting room of the ER. Being the angsty, kid I was in those days I couldn't help but feel that this was my fault.Knowing the way Scott was,I could have warned Patrick ahead of time. There had to have been something I could have done. And even if there wasn't I promise I would have found a million and one reasons why it was my fault.
"Is there an Allie in here?",a nurse inquired from the doorway.
I jumped to my feet and walked to her.
"Patrick wants to see you.",the lady explained,leading me through a crowded hallway.
HATE hospitals, by the way.
I entered the boring white room room.Patrick grinned,one of his eyes covered by a white bandage.
I rushed to hug him.
"Patrick,I'm so sor-"
"Don't be,love.I'm fine."
I sighed. "What did the doctor say?"
"He said my vision might be a little more blurry than it already was,and he's prescribing a stronger lens for my glasses.He told me I was lucky,that if the glass cut any closer to my eye I would probably have been blind."
"I'm so glad you're alright. I'll kill that asshole. I swear next time I see him-"
I was silenced by his finger pressed against my lips.
"I would be the same way if someone stole the most perfect girl in the world from me."
I'm sure I was a violent shade of red at this point, and it most likely got worse when he stole a kiss from me.
I sat down on the bed next to him.
"How long do you have to keep the bandage on?", I asked after a few minutes of quiet.
"I think like two weeks.I have to change it every day though."
"That kinda sucks.",Allie stated.
"Yeah,but at least I still have one eye to see your pretty face with."
This boy knew how to get me. I guess it was written on my forehead "I'm a sucker for kind words and crooked smiles"
"I love you so much Patrick."
"I love you too babe."
The nurse poked her head in the room.
"You're all set to go,hun.Here's your papers."
---

I sat on the couch,watching my dad pace the living room like a fuckin' leopard or some shit,waiting to eat something.
After several minutes of this,he finally spoke.
"What did I tell you about being with that boy?"
I was silent. I knew what he told me, I just didn't give a crap.
"I tried to warn you.He ends up in a hospital and I have no idea where you are for hours!"
Silence.
"You could have been hurt,I'm only looking out-"
"Yeah,I could have been hurt.By the guy you said I should be with!You really want me with someone that has problems like that?!"
He stopped pacing and thought for a couple moments.
"I can't say I blame Scott."
"And why is that?"
"That little twit of a friend of yours deserved the punching."
I kept myself glued to the couch with every muscle in my body. I had all I could do to not lose my head.
"ACTUALLY,I'm pretty sure he gets hit enough every single day of his life. Of course,you would never feel BAD for him,seeing that he has a useless piece of shit for a dad-"
"Excuse me?You'd better watch your mouth young lady or-"
"I'm not done talking!",I interrupted."I mean,the kid's mom died,he moved here leaving everything he loved behind,he doesn't have the one thing that made him happy anymore and now you're trying to take me away from him.He loves me so much and you-"
"Allie you don't know what real love is.You're just-"
"No dad.YOU don't know what real love is.Because if you loved me,you would think about what I want instead of what you want."
"That's not true.You know I love-"
"Save it.",I cut him off,getting up from the couch and heading for the back door.
"Where the hell do you think you're going."
"Getting the hell away from you."
With that,I headed through the door and into the back yard.
Sign up to rate and review this story