Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Down the road, not across the street

I'll be your number one with a bullet.

by grandtheftautumn 10 reviews

Sad songs for dirty lovers. Sorry for the wait. Reviews please! =]

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2007-07-14 - Updated: 2007-07-14 - 1591 words

1Moving
For Mia
happy birthday =]
XO


Author's Note: Song for this chapter

Like a man possessed - The Get Up Kids

*Start playing NOW!! =]



*


Chapter 24: I'll be your number one with a bullet.


[THE NEXT DAY - 9.15 AM]

Ryan's POV

I arrived on the scene.

You could feel the intensity in the air. It was suddenly pierced by a deafening gunshot, followed by painful screams and then a second shot fired by police. I then heard the sound of a second gun being fired and that's all it took before I found myself running into the house. That was before I found two familiar bodies, both lying in cold blood.




[12 HOURS EARLIER]

"Chastity... what are you doing?" asked Wil.

"Watching her like you said. Don't worry she's unharmed," she smiled innocently.

For now.

"Leave us for now please. I'd like to speak to her... alone," he instructed her.

Chastity was not pleased but left anyway. Wil looked weak and doubtful as if having second thoughts.

"Wil... Wil look at me. This isn't you. What is going on? Come on..." said Amara.

"Are you really that blind? I'm in love with you Amara. I've stood back long enough, watching my brother take you for granted. I watched as Ryan was blinded to what was right under his nose, like Pete and all the rest. You deserve someone that can appreciate you and love you like you should be loved. I can love you like that. I do love you like that Amara," he said finally facing her. She could his eyes so cold yet so full of sadness.

"You have a funny way of showing it. Chastity told me everything you've done and not once did it ever cross your mind just to tell me the truth? That a simple "Amara I like you. I care about you. I can treat you right" would suffice! That compelling speech would have been quite moving except for the fact I am bound to a chair!"

"Look I'll let you go soon just promise not to scream and hear me out?"

Amara hesitated. I can't promise that. I want as far away from here as possible.

"Ummm. I guess," she exhaled.

"Amara... I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. I had no idea you were inside. All I saw was Charlie's car...with Charlie inside when he was meant to be in jail. Here I find him in Santa Barbara, at the same time as you coincidently. I... I just knew he was going after you... to hurt you. I just lost it and I was right," said Wil pathetically.

"You were the driver!!! You almost killed me and Charlie, your own brother! He's probably dead for all I know," exclaimed Amara. "You didn't have to act like a hero to impress me. It didn't have to be like this."

"You see that's the thing. I had to Amara. You made me. I was nothing but a little brother to you," he said, his tone changing.

"Wil you didn't," she gasped. "Did you... did you have something to do with my parents accident too?"

"No..." he said unconvincingly. "No, I didn't. but I knew about it and with Pete out of town I'd be your shoulder to cry on. I'd make you love me... make you see I'm more of a hero then Pete 'MOTHERFUCKING" Wentz could ever be!"

She flinched as he raised his voice.

"I followed you into the bar. I watched over you. I saw that random slip something into your drink. You should really be careful with who you trust. I was the one who was meant to save you that night Amara, not Brendon. Bastard ruined everything. You can't be with Pete. You didn't belong with him, you belonged with ME! I warned you before but you didn't listen so we had to show you the kind of guy he really was."

"The tabloid," said Amara resisting to roll her eyes. Sarcasm could push him over the edge and she could tell he was already losing it.

"I had to take them all away. I had to eliminate the competition so you'd run to me.. ME! For a minute I was scared that you'd fall for Brendon, but you're too predictable. Love sick over the amazing Ryan Ross... I really don't see what's so great about him. Fag. It was all going to plan until Chastity screwed up and you couldn't keep your hands off her boyfriend."

Wil became sullen as if lost for words or in deep thought, then suddenly walked out the room.

"I'll see you in the morning. Try get some sleep," he called out, locking the door behind him.



Amara's POV

I was rudely woken the next morning by Chastity. There I was with a gun Pointe blank to my face. I heard her pull the trigger.

"BANG!" cried Chastity.

I shut my eyes and waited to start seeing the light, the feeling of my soul leaving my body.

Nothing happened. I then heard the shrill, psychotic cackle escaping her mouth.

Her and her sick, twisted sense of humor.

"You always wondered if it was you," she said.

"What?"

"You know... whether drama followed you regardless or if you just bring it upon yourself the whole time. FYI... it's the latter."

"You're crazy!"

"Am I Amara? Am I really? You're the one who's dating the train wreck rockstars....
First Wil's brother, then Pete and Ryan. You love drama Amara, and you know it.
You knew exactly what you're getting into and you still go and date Pete Wentz, the king of train wrecks himself. Come on! And you always think you don't ask for it."

Amara didn't reply... she made a convincing argument but deep down she knew Chastity was wrong.

She walked out of the room and I listened to her footsteps echo down the hallway.

Then it came to an abrupt silence.

"Who are you?" I heard her say.

Then I heard a real gun shot.

A second later I heard something drop heavily to the ground. I watched as Wil ran past my open doorway and then quickly ran back into my room slamming the door behind him and locking it. He cut through my bondages in panic.

"If I can't have you no one can," I heard him mumble.

A loud bang filled the room as the intruder, or my saviour, rammed the bedroom door. After the second attempt to break it down shots rang through the air as they now attempted to break the lock with bullets.

They were successful. I scanned the room but we were trapped. The windows were sealed shut and our only escape was now blocked by an armed Charlie.

I fell backwards as Wil hooked his arm around my neck and placed the to my cheek. I froze in sheer terror. My eyes locked on the barrel of Charlie's gun now directly aimed towards us.

"Thought you'd be dead somewhere or at least dying, Char."

"You thought wrong like always little brother."

"What are the odds of you walking out of here alive? I'd say very slim seeing as you're only carrying a knife.

"Oh dearest brother I know what brings you here. And she's not leaving with a pulse. I'd rather die than her with anyone.

"If you insist."

BANG!

I felt the bullet fly past my cheek. I felt myself being pulled down as Wil dropped dead on the floor. A bullet right to the head.

Charlie walked over, picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. As he carried me through the house I stared in horror as we passed over Chastity lying on the floor in a pool of crimson red.

"Freeze! Put your hands in the air," I heard somewhere in the background.

Charlie lowered me to the living room floor, his grasp still firm around my wrist. He was not letting me go.

"Please Charlie... don't hurt me. Don't shoot please," I sobbed uncontrollably.

"Ammy! Just listen to me... I'm not going to shoot you okay. He was trying to hurt you. I couldn't let him do that. I love you Amara!" Charlie tried to convince me.

He then spun me around pulling me closer.

It was in that microsecond I saw the red dot aimed at his chest disappear. And it was a microsecond later I heard a shot being fired from outside.

"A civilian has been hit. I repeat a civilian has been hit. Sir, put... your... weapon... down!"

Charlie started to cry as he felt Amara grow lifeless in his arms.

What have I done? Thought Charlie. He never meant for her to get in the way.

Cries of agony could be heard from inside as Charlie fell to the ground, cradling Amara's body in his arms.

He had lost the one thing that meant everything to him. He couldn't carry on. Charlie's mood became vengeful. He lay her body down gently on the ground.

"You'll pay for this!" he screamed at the offending policemen.

The moment he stood up, he was in plain sight and a threat. A rifles man laid a bullet into his shoulder to slow him down. Charlie recoiled in pain... he looked at the two bullets he had left. It wasn't enough; it would be foolish trying to take on everyone outside. With his left arm he took his 9 millimetre and pointed it at his temple.

"No! Don't do it son! Stop!" pleaded the officer.

But it was too late.






*

So tragic.
Read. Rate. Review.
Sign up to rate and review this story