Categories > Original > Drama > New Leaves of a Dead Tree

Guilty Pleasures

by glo316 0 reviews

Lets go...shopping!

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Published: 2005-12-09 - Updated: 2005-12-09 - 1177 words

0Unrated
Guilty Pleasures

The shopping trip made Marly's day. It could have been a completely wonderful day, if not for the small factor about work in the evening. It was especially a bonding session with Nadine. She also spent time with Marshall, because Nadine had dragged him along as their chauffeur. For the past year Marly had felt that she had no one, but now she had Nadine. One noticeable aspect of Marshall was his outstanding expressions of boredom that occupied his face for most of the day, except on occasion when he disagreed on Nadine's fashion advice or when he chose to whine about the length of time the girls could spent looking at one item of clothing.

"You've got to stay with us tonight!" Nadine ordered.
"Give her a chance, Nad." Marshall opposed.
"Shut it, mars bar! Did you hear me ask for your opinion?"
"This is my car, I can easily stop right now and leave you on the sidewalk."
"Don't give me an empty threat."
"What can you do about it? I could kick you out of the apartment too, I am the one paying for it." he said eyeing his sister in the mirror.
She moved forward in her seat, grabbing the back of Marshall's driver seat. "Ma-ars...you can't do that." Nadine said with a fake shyness. Marly watched their sibling squabble, which put a smile on her face. Marly never experienced such because she was an only child.
"It's simple, pay rent!"
"Argh..." she said sitting back in her seat, crossing her arms like a five year old, sulking.
"I said, I'd let you live with me on the account that you get a job. If you just get a job - I won't even make you pay rent."
"You make enough money. It's not like it's necessary."
"It is. Once you get a job, you'll understand."
"You're doing it again." Nadine said, with irritation in her voice.
"What?"
"You're doing that 'mum' thing! You always do that!"
"It's only because I'm trying to look out for you. And I, and mum think it would be good for you."
"If I wanted to go work eight hours a day, I'd be at university."
"You don't have to get a full time job."
"You can talk..."
"Of course I can talk."
"I didn't mean it that way...ass-"
"I was joking."
"I meant that it doesn't matter to you because you can do whatever you want. You're your own boss!"
"I have deadlines."
"Ooh, deadlines. Sounds so hard. And they give you about a year to write." Nadine said sarcastically, pulling faces at Marshall through the mirror.
"How long would you give someone to write a book? You have to come up with plotlines and characters, events. It's not easy!"
"I wrote stories in high school. It doesn't take a year!"
"You have no idea. The stories I write are at least four or five hundred pages. It's not something that just appears up someone's ass."
Nadine and Marly were in hysterics.
"Some...one's...ass..." Nadine repeated through her giggles.

Marly agreed to spend another night at their place thanks to a very persuading Nadine. They looked through all of the clothes they had bought and started modelling.
"Try on the levis with the halter from River Island."
As soon as those words hit the atmosphere Marshall jumped up and said, "I'm going to go over and see Jay and Shakespeare." Within a flash he had picked up his car keys, heading for the door.
"Who's Shakespeare?" Nadine asked
"The English playwright."
"Who?"
"Oh, Blake. I'll see you two later!"
"Wait!" Marly shouted.
Marshall was just outside the door about to shut it, stopped, reversed and asked, "yes?"
"I've got to go to work later."
He made eye contact and said, "I'll be back in time. I promise."

The girls tried on all their outfits. They picked their favourite of their own and then contemplated the idea of either Marshall, Jaiden or Blake wearing it. It made them laugh uncontrollably. This started off other conversations.
"Who do you think would look the best in a skirt?" Nadine started.
"How should I know? I haven't seen any of them in a skirt!" Marly stated though giggles.
"Me, on the other hand. I've seen all their legs! I'd probably say that Jay would look the best!"
"Only because you fancy the pants off of him!"

It was now the time for Marly to get changed for work. Nadine had suggested showing off the style with one of her new outfits. As Marly got changed, she couldn't help drifting her mind off to Bluend. She thought about the fact that for the last few days, she had not seen it...and she missed it. Only a few days before, she did not know these people she had spent two days with, which came round to Alec. She missed him.

Her evening was unoriginal. Marly waited for the arrival of Alec all evening to be greeted by her own created memory of him. Jaiden, Marshall and Nadine were sat at their usual table having fun while watching out for Marly. That night the 'red light' flashed five times due to drunken male customers who had figured out where the button that controlled it was located and kept repeatedly pressing it so Marly was sure that after this night she would have a cold from being showered with cold water so many times.

Dawning the end of the night, Marly was called,
"Oi! Marly!" Norah shouted.
Marly was not in the mood for a lecture about how shit a waitress she was, which was only because she hated her. She speedily walked over, "yes?"
"Alec wants to talk to you." She said, "Anytime you waste will be deducted off your pay."
Marly nodded, "Hello..." Alec had called to tell her that he was doing business, which is why he couldn't come down to the club. He told her he'd most likely be coming back home late, but she told him that she didn't mind because she'd stay with a friend. Their conversation ended with heart felt 'I love you' all round.

When Marly served their drinks, Marshall asked her if she'd like a seat.
"Thanks." And she sighed.
"What's wrong?" Marshall asked.
She hesitated, "err...Alec's working late."
Nadine's face lightened up, "If he's working late, then why don't you just spend another night at ours again?"
This was what Marly had expected and said, "If you don't mind."
Nadine looked around her, "Hey, where's Blake the flake tonight?"
"You just noticed he wasn't here?" Jaiden questioned.
"I'm blind! - So, where is he?"
"He had rehearsals tonight, then he said that he was having a drink with some of his acting buddies."
"He's ditching us for actors?" Marshall added.
"He is an actor..." Jaiden said, letting his words settle. He looked at Marshall and together, they laughed.
"You guys shouldn't be so mean to flaky, we're his friends, we should support him." Nadine said.
Marly sat there quietly.
Sign up to rate and review this story