Categories > Original > Romance > New Leaves

Don't Make Me

by glo316 0 reviews

Where is the love?

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-01-01 - Updated: 2006-01-01 - 1245 words

0Unrated
Don't Make Me

Marly waved a goodbye to Nadine and Marshall as a thank you for dropping her off. She had felt so happy these past couple of days, and when she caught on to this, Marly felt a twinge in her nose. The last time she had been happy and content was when Sinead was there, her childhood best friend. For years they had always done things together. She could predict the tears. But decided to fight for reign, and won. Walking up the staircase that lead to the apartment, Marly could only think of her romantic feelings toward Alec. The way he spoke, the way he would bend down to kiss her, and how she had missed it in the past day. Thoughts of the things they would do to each other were her sweet charity.

The apartment was empty. Marly looked around hoping to see Alec, only to be disappointed by nothingness. She decided to take a shower, and then to go see her precious second home...Bluend. She strolled into the bedroom, laid her coat down on the bed and carried on into the bathroom. Retaking her previous steps, which took her to the bedroom, her eyes were greeted with the image of Alec and a red haired waitress from 'the hose down' underneath the covers of the same bed she and Alec shared for sleep. They were both naked, and still into their intercourse making quiet yet sensual breaths. To Marly, it didn't seem that they had noticed her arrival. In mind of this, she thought 'better not disturb them' and walked back into the living room area, picking up her coat as she went and sat on the couch.

About an hour later, Marly heard the noise of the shower and assumed that they had finished. Still she sat. Alec slowly paced into the room wearing trousers leaving his torso bare, rubbing his eyes. Marly watched his every movement. He dropped his arm, realising for the first time she was there. He looked at her, then in the direction of the sound of the shower and back again. His face was stern and straight.
"Babes, how long ya been here for?"
Marly glanced at the clock, "An hour?"
"How come ya didn't say anythin'?"
She shrugged her shoulders. At that moment, the water in the shower stopped and mumbling was coming from the bathroom.
"I can't hear ya! Why don't ya just come here?" Alec shouted.
The woman Marly had previously seen in the bed with Alec was now standing a few feet away nude with only a towel to cover her dignity. She was healthily skinny with freckles that gave the illusion they covered her entire body and she was close to Alec in height. At the sight of Marly she jumped with fright and said, "I think I better go." And practically ran back into the bedroom.
"Since she's finished using the shower, I'm going to have one and get changed for work." Marly said politely, as she got to her feet.
"I'm sorry." He said.
Marly stopped to hear, then walked on.
"I'm trying' to fucking tell ya I'm sorry and ya throw it back in my fucking face! Why the fuck do ya always do this to me?!"
"All I want is a shower before I go to work."
"Well I want to fucking talk to ya!"
There was a sound, which made the both of them turn to the bedroom. The red haired woman came out at a fast pace and left the apartment without another word. Marly attempted to head for the bathroom.
"Ya should sit down when I'm fucking talking to ya!" he said, stepping into her path and flinging Marly onto the sofa, "I don't even see why da fuck ya being like this!" He pulled back his hand in the air forcefully, "Ya see my hand? If ya see it raised again, ya gonna need a fucking miracle to save ya!
Marly sat back into the couch, for the first time being worried abut what Alec might do next.
"Ya spend all that time with these new fuckers! Ya spend da night wid them! I've been missing ya! I love ya for fuck sake!"
"You love me?"
"Ya think that because I screwed some bitch that I don't love ya! Ya don't even know what da fuck love is!" he gives a chuckle and shakes his head, "I bet ya think ya in love with that fucker ya been hanging wid, that fucker who always gives ya a lift! The only reason ya met him was because ya worked at that fucking club! Why da fuck do ya work? I can support ya!"
Marly sat there listening because she knew that interrupting him would be a massive mistake and would likely end up with his hand being raised again, and that was something she did not want.
"Ya dumb bitch! Ya think love is fucking sparks and shit, it's a fucking job, a fucking role to play! I love ya even though ya always give me shit! I provide for ya! Sure, I fuck other women, but I always come back home to ya!"
Marly thought about what he said, "We had sparks. When we first met we had sparks."
"Do ya remember da night we first met? Or our first night together?" he said at a regular pitch.

*
She couldn't see anything. She lifted a hand and lifted it so it was level to her head and tried to look at it. She saw black. There was no source of light. Marly used her hands to feel around for a path, a wall...anything that would lead her to light. Her fingertips could feel the rough, cold hardness of a brick wall. She followed it.

For what appeared to be hours, she marched in the darkness that surrounded her. She took a break and rested on the floor. For a minute her eyelids dropped, creating controlled black. Upon opening her eyes, she saw a light. And a voice,
"Marly! Are you in there?"
Marly recognised who it belonged to, it was Marshall.
*

Reaching out her arm to the other side of the bed, a figure wriggled at the sense of her touch. Only the flicker of the streetlight outside gave a glow that left shadows all around the room. Alec's face turned to face hers. His eyes made a glimpse at Marly, he stroked her face and moved closer to her and kissed her. She smiled as she could see he was still somewhat asleep. He then turned over on his side facing his back to her and slept.

When the sun came up, Marly got up. She sat in the living room just as she had done the day before. She sat there, looking into space thinking about how it used to be. Alec walked in,
"What's da matter, babe?"
"Nothing." She said.
Alec looked at her; "I fucking hate it when ya do this."
"What?" Marly asked innocently.
"Ya know, that fucking thing when ya sit there! Ya just fucking sit there!" he said, his voice rising, "It's about that yesterday - I thought ya were fucking over that!"
"I am."
"Ya fucking aren't! I can't take it back! It's done!"
"I wasn't even thinking about anything!" Marly shouted back at him before running into the bathroom. Inside, she sat on the lid of the toilet and cried.
Sign up to rate and review this story