Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > I Was Born Under A Bad Sign

Chapter 3

by Rybekka 4 reviews

...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-07-14 - Updated: 2007-07-14 - 2167 words

0Unrated
Title:I Was Born Under A Bad Sign
Author: Rebekka. points at self
Word Count:2,200something
Chapter Count: THREE of Huh?
Author's Notes: At a fucking truckstop after driving for 12 hours. fun right? but here's an update as promised. =)
Disclaimer: Not as true as TRUUUE LOVE!



When we got to the arena we saw that a large crowd had gathered by the front doors to get in. It looked like they were only opening now. But we didn't need to wait in that line, lucky us. We had been given directions to park at a lot that was behind the arena. We parked there and showed our backstage passes to the security guard that was standing by the backstage doors. He gladly let us in and told us to walk down the hall and then take a left until we got to a room where the other lucky fans were waiting.

We had stopped once on our way here to buy drinks 'cause I had complained about my throat after all that singing, and now I was nervously drinking out of the open cup of coke.

Josh looked amused by my obsessive drinking and grinned at me as kept the cup glued to my lips. "Nervous?" He asked as we took a left after walking down the hall.

I found it a bit difficult but I managed to give him a nod without removing the cup from my lips.

"Please lay off the drink or you'll get soda-drunk or something." He said chuckling. I forced myself to remove the cup from my lips and gave him a small smile, blushing.

"Sorry, I just can't stop thinking that something will go wrong, you know?" I said and shrugged my shoulders. He gave me a confused look. "I mean, you have to know what they call me. I'm very unlucky. I still can't believe that this is happening."

He put his hand around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him. "It's going to be fine. I'm a pretty lucky guy, so just make sure not to bump into anything or anyone" He said smiling and squeezed his hand around my shoulder. I knew that my face had been half-red for a while now but as of now it was probably on fire. I looked nervously down at my drink watched as it shook in my hand. I stared intently at the ice cubes that were starting to melt, anything to keep my attention from the fact that he was so close to me that I could smell his cologne.

"And maybe I should take that drink for you. So, you know, don't spill it on someone." He said grinning.

I looked up to him and hit my elbow against his stomach, not that hard, really. "Stop making fun of me!" I pretend pouted and started staring down at my drink again.

"Nah, I'm just kidding, still give me that drink I think you've had more than enough" He said chuckling and I handed him my drink after a few seconds of staring regretfully at my drink. He took it and threw it in a trash can we were passing.

Only a few steps later we had reached the small line of fans that was standing in front of a closed door. Josh casually let my shoulders go and right away I felt more nervous from the lack of touch.

The row in front of us was full of girls gushing about meeting them and how they had managed to score the meet and greet tickets. But Josh and I just stood there in awkward silence. Well, to me it was awkward but when I looked up at him he seemed much more relaxed than I was and I reminded myself to breathe.

Five minutes later the door was opened and Panic's security guy, Zach, started letting the fans in front of us in. I nervously glanced up to Josh who gave me a reassuring smile back. "Relax, it's going to be okay." He said trying to calm me down. I just took a deep breath and kept walking toward the doors. Soon enough we were inside a room that looked like some kind of dressing room but there was no random stuff laying anywhere, so I guessed they had picked an unused one for the meet and greet. At first I couldn't see anyone because of the kids in front of us but suddenly I saw them.

Panic! At The Disco.

They were sitting in a row by a long white table and had started signing some stuff for the kids in front of us. I felt my heart starting to beat faster just out of pure excitement and nervousness. They looked so normal just sitting there smiling occasionally and talking to the fans. I really realized then that they were only a few years older than me and weren't so different from me then I thought.

'They're just normal people' I said to myself in attempt to calm myself down, but failing miserably.

My stomach turned as I saw that we were next in line.

"Hey, how you guys doing?" Spencer greeted us with a warm smile.

"Great, really love your music, man." Josh said smiling and handed him his concert ticket. I kind of had been hiding behind Josh until now when I was forced to face my favorite band.

"How about you?" Spencer directed to me and I gave him a nervous smile and handed him my ticket. He gladly signed it and then started tapping his pen against the table since we were last in row. Jon sat next to him and he had started signing my ticket already.

"How's Dylan?" I asked, regretting it instantly. My friend online had dared me to ask him that and I had promised myself to do it. I was not going to meet my favorite band without talking to them a little bit. Even if it's about their cats. I regretted it even more now, he would probably think I'm some stalker and make security throw me out of here.

"He is great actually," He said in my surprise. "I just got off the phone with my girlfriend who is pet-sitting him until I get back to Chicago and she said that-" he went on but was cut off by Ryan who hit him in the shoulder.

"Quit babbling about that cat of yours, I mean you talk more affectionately about him than us! Or your girlfriend for that matter." Ryan said a little annoyed then a grin appeared on his face when Jon started pouting.

"I just miss him, is all," Ryan shook his head starting to sign my ticket. Jon smiled happily at me and added, "thanks for asking."

Ryan eyed me and sighed. "Well you can't come between a man and his cat." He said. I giggled and couldn't keep a glad smile on my face. Josh had given me a weird look but I just brushed it off and took a step near Brendon who was sitting at the end of the table. He had been listening in on the conversation and was grinning as he signed my ticket. When he was done he took a sip out of glass filled of water.

"Thanks for coming!" He smiled at me and I felt my heart skip a beat. I stood there for a second admiring the boy, who would've thought that he would look even hotter in person?

I felt someone poke me in the stomach and I jumped up in surprise, bumping my hip into the long white table. Before I even realize it had happened I saw Brendon jump up from the table with a shocked expression on his face. I looked down at the white table trying to figure out why he had reacted like that and gasped as I realized that when I had bumped into the table the water he had just been drinking had spilled all over his jeans.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" I said rushing over to him but coming to a quick halt when I realized that I had no idea what I was going to do. I heard laugher coming from the rest of the guys sitting at the table.

"Oh, it's alright," Brendon said looking down at the wet fabric of his jeans then eyeing his band mates, annoyed. "Shut up guys, it's not funny!" he whined and started looking around himself in search of a towel or something.

I just stood there frozen feeling my cheeks catch on fire, only finding myself able to move when Josh laid his hand on my shoulder. I looked back at him and saw him half-laughing at me, "Let's go."

I hesitated and looked back at Brendon who had found himself a towel and then at the rest of the band who were still laughing at him.

Jon looked up and noticed my nervous glancing, "Heh, he'll be fine. Don't worry about it."

I nodded and Josh waved at him now grinning. He guided me to the door and I glanced back at them noticing Brendon smiling about something Ryan had said. I comforted myself with the thought that he didn't look mad or anything.

Josh pushed me the rest of the way out the door and then we were guided into the arena.

"Amazing, you still managed to spill a drink over someone even though I threw yours away." He commented and started laughing again. I gave him a death glare and punched him in the shoulder.

"Don't make jokes about it! It was so fucking embarrassing!" I whined. "I spilled water all over Brendon Urie's pants!" That made Josh laugh even more.

"I told you I was going to mess everything up! But nooo, you said everything was going to be fine!" I complained and went on about how was always so unlucky.

"Hey hey, relax! It wasn't that bad." He said and quit laughing; now smiling at me. "I mean, now he will definitely remember you." He added jokingly and then started laughing again at my reaction.

I punched him for the third time tonight and he let out an 'Oww'. I glared at him and he stopped laughing once again and grinned at me. "Okay, okay, I'll stop it... Before you start really hurting me."

I huffed and he let out a chuckle as we continued down the hall into the full arena. We entered the mosh pit and started to make our way closer to the stage. Half way through we gave up and decided just to enjoy the last song of the supporting band.

I tried my best to ignore that nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach. My heart was still beating too fast and my heart beat only increased as the opening act left the stage and some guys started setting up for Panic.

10 minutes later Josh and I had made our way even closer to the stage and were standing a few feet away. I guess with all the thoughts racing through my head after that incident I had failed to fully realize that the concert was still yet to take place.

And suddenly there they were. The guys who I had just met a half hour ago, taking their place on stage and starting their first song. The people around us started jumping around and screaming. I felt myself caught up in all the excitement and forgot about the night's previous events. I started singing along and enjoying myself.

Half way through the concert Brendon was sitting by his piano preparing himself for the next song. "So is everyone having a good time tonight?"

A loud roar came from the crowd.

"Alright then." He said into the microphone and dried some sweat off of his forehead with his sleeve. "I don't know if you guys noticed my pants being all wet, but if you did then I'd like inform you that I did not pee myself. This lovely girl unluckily spilled water all over me, and this song goes out to her." He sent the crowd a wide grin and then started playing 'Lying is the most fun'. The people around me started laughing a little and then they just went back to enjoying the concert.

I felt myself not being able to breathe, out of pure shock and embarrassment. I can't believe that he did that! I knew my cheeks were already fiery red but nobody could notice that in the dark so that was the least of my worries. I heard Josh laughing beside me and then I realized that he was the only person in the whole sea of people that knew that girl had been me. So why worry?

I decided just to shrug it off and enjoy my favorite band playing a song that was dedicated to me.

I guess you could call that a little lucky, right?
Sign up to rate and review this story