Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Don't note these as words of hate

Stranded

by cococrazy 3 reviews

Brooke McKenzie was hoping for a fun relaxing holiday in Las Vegas with her friends. She wasn't expecting to be stranded in the middle of the sweltering hot desert with her annoying snobby cousin. ...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-07-14 - Updated: 2007-07-14 - 1024 words

0Unrated
It must be reaching about 600 000 degrees out here.
Even my hair is sweating.
Seriously how can anyone live in vegas? Like for more than a month?
And here i am in the middle of the desert sitting on the bonnet of Delilah's car
whilst Delilah is rummaging frantically in the boot to find some water before we all dehydrate to death.
Chelsea, meanwhile, is trying to get a signal on her phone, which is impossible in the middle of nowhere,
and i have the hard job of listening to Courtney moan and whine about how if she doesn't get any shade soon the
sun will damage her delicate and soft skin.

'Would you stop whining!' snapped Delilah, slamming the car boot down 'It's your fault we're stranded here anyway.'

Courtney seemed a bit shocked at her out cry. But i guess the heat, lack of water and irritation at Courtney's
complaints finally made her snap.
Courtney wasn't used to being snapped at. We usually just let her get on with it whilst rolling our eyes behind her back.

'And how exactly is it my fault?' She demanded.
'YOUR the one who forgot to fill up your stupid car with gas.' Fumed Delilah.
'Excuse' moi that stupid car probably costs more than all your cars put to together.'
'And could you please stop talking in a french accent, everyone knows your English!'

Courtney gasped.
I could almost see the steam pouring out of her ears.
She wasn't used to being treated this way. In her mind, she was a princess, and we were her peasant servants, poorer, plainer and born to do her bidding.
She thought herself as higher than us just because her fathers filthy rich, and she lives in Paris, and owns a mercedes or two, whilst Delilah, Chelsea and I are just poor working girls from plain old boring Britain.

You may wonder that if she's such a snob, why did we bring her on our trip to Las Vegas anyway?
Well trust me, i wasn't happy about the situation.
It's my mother you see.
I told her Delilah, Chelsea and I were planning a trip to Las Vegas, and when she told my uncle, it just so happened
that his daughter had been thinking of going too.
That's right, Courtney is my cousin. I'm actually related to this stuck-up cow.
So anyway my mum finally managed to pursuade us to take her. Not because as she claimed this would be
''an excellent time to bond with my cousin.'' But because my uncle offered to pay for the accomodation.

'Anyway Delilah!' Said Chelsea quickly, before Courtney could reply 'Did you find any water?'
'Does it look like i found some water.' Scoffed Delilah, flinging up her arms.
Yep Delilah was definately in a bad mood.

'How about the signal?' I asked Chelsea.
'Nope, none.' She sighed. slumping down against the car.

'Well this is just perfect isn't it!' Said Courtney 'I should have known going on holiday with you guys would
be a huge mistake, it was bound to end in disaster.'

'Who forgot the gas?' I reminded her.

She just threw me a cold look with her icy blue eyes, and flicked her peroxide blonde hair behind her shoulder.
Contacts. Dye.

She put her (designer) bag on the car bonnet next to me and unzipped it, taking out a bottle of spring water.

We all gasped.

'Why didn't you tell us you had that!' I exclaimed.
She shrugged. 'Does it matter?' She asked, taking a sip.
'Of course not.' I said sarcastically 'we're all just sitting here in the middle of a heat wave , dying of thirst, of course it doesn't matter that you happen to have a full bottle of water with you.'

'Gimme, gimme!' Said Chelsea , frantically trying to take the water from her.
Courtney batted her hand away. 'You should have bought your own water.'

Was this girl for real?

'I can't believe your being so selfish!'Exclaimed Chelsea incredulously.

I can.

'Courtney at least give Brooke some water, you know she's ill, and she's your cousin for Pete's sakes.' Said Delilah.

It was true, i had been throwing up ever scince yesterday when we arrived here because i was so dehydrated.

'Fine.' Sighed Courtney rolling her eyes, and handing me the bottle. 'Don't hog it all though.'
'Thanks' I said taking it off her taking a couple sips. It was warm but at least it was something.
Before Courtney could protest i then handed it to Delilah who took a swig and then passed it on to Chelsea who did the same.
'Hey!' Courtney frowned.

'So what are we actually going to do?' Asked Chelsea.
'I dunno, but i really need to lie down, i'm feeling sick again.' I said.
I climbed down into the back of the car. What i needed now was shade but it didn't look possible as the car was open topped.
'Here' Said Chelsea putting the bottle of water down beside me.

'I guess we just have to wait and hope that someone drives past.' Said Delilah.
'Yeah.' Sighed Chelsea.
'Maybe we could do one of those air SOS things?' Said Delilah.
'What do you mean?' Queried Chelsea.
'You know....we could spell SOS out on the ground so a helicopter can see it.'

'Worth a try.' Shrugged Courtney.
Then she grabbed a windscreen wiper and actually snapped it right off her precious beloved car that
''probably cost's more than all ours put together''.

'What did you just do!?' Exclaimed Chelsea in disbelief.
'What? Like it's really needed?' She scoffed.
I saw Chelsea and Delilah exchange bemused glances.

Then she started scraping it along the ground.
'Voila'' She exclaimed once she'd finished.

'Why have you put the S's back to front?' Asked Delilah after inspecting it.
'So it can be read from the sky, duh.' She said.

I think we were all a bit stuck at what to say to this, and luckily we were saved the hassle when we heard
the sound of a car approaching.
'We're saved!' Exclaimed Courtney, throwing her arms in the air. 'And all thanks to me!'
Sign up to rate and review this story