Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > An Unexpected Birthday Present

Exchanging Meaningful Moments

by awe-or-sympathy 0 reviews

A fan's golden birthday turns out to be more than she ever imagined when she attends a concert for Panic! At the Disco.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-07-19 - Updated: 2007-07-19 - 919 words

0Unrated
Ryan's POV
I wouldn't let her go. If I was holding the band up just to keep talking to her, she wasn't going anywhere, as long as I was there. So I sat down right next to her, getting close again. She appeared to be violently angry with either me or herself. Still, a great amount of tension and anxiety was dwelling somewhere within her, and if that was the case, there was a very small chance that we would end up kissing or something again.

"What's wrong?"

I let the words out slowly in a low tone, hoping to calm her. I kept repeating to myself in my head that the whole thing had to be sorted out in a well-mannered fashion, or we wouldn't get anywhere. Nothing would happen. We would be leave without hearing everything from each other and left wondering what would have happened. I didn't want that. I would rather have her say that she hated me and never wanted to set her eyes upon me again than left to contemplate the possibilities.

We both sat there for a while, my eyes never leaving her once. I didn't know what was going on in her head, but from the way she would put one kind of emotion on her face and then change it within a second, there must have been some conflict happening within her, without me having to say anything except a simple, two-worded question. All the while, she had been staring away, even though I was gently holding her head to face me. The rapid changes in her facial expressions continued as she moved her hands to my wrists and freed her hands. After a few more minutes, I was getting sick and guilty of the silence that had fallen upon the room. I kept staring at her face, my guilt growing with each change in it. It was hard to believe that, within less than an hour, I had planted so many different feelings in this girl - this girl that I hardly knew - and vice versa.

The last thought that followed the path in my head was that I was trying too hard to still be a teenaged kid. It distracted me from seeing the last look on her face and her eyes glancing up at me.

"You should go. I don't want to keep you from wherever you're supposed to be. I can give you my number and stuff, though. Maybe we'll see each other again sometime. I'd like to keep in touch, even if..."

Her voice was surprisingly clam and smooth, unexpected by me. I liked it though, staring at her longingly right after her voice faded. Then, I took in the words, thinking them through. We would have to part eventually, wouldn't we? And just staying here, trying to stretch out our time wouldn't help much. I was relieved that she still wanted to talk to me, though. She wanted to stay in touch. That was something I definitely would have stressed to her if she hadn't said it first. I did want to keep talking to this girl, regardless if I knew anything about her or not. She still treated me like a normal person, like we didn't have to know much about the other person to share that unexplored connection that we did. It was just there on its own, and I was determined not to let distance smother it into nothing. We could still try. She was willing to give it a chance.

"Ryan?"

I snapped out of my state of thoughtful entrancement, my surprised gaze meeting her nervous one. I nodded slowly, just then realizing how close our faces were. The better half of me decided to sit there and withstand her soft breath soaking into my skin, however. It willed me not to let any other drastic actions take place.

My hand skimmed down to my pocket subconsciously, fingers tightly clasping my sidekick. I partially noticed her hand reaching down to her pocket as well, but my eyes were still staring into hers. It was magical moments like those that I knew I would miss more than anything. I held mine out to her; she did the same. We exchanged our electronic devices, and reluctantly tore our gazes away at the same time. At that, I felt my cheeks get warm, but I didn't think they were red. I wasn't worried enough to want to find out.

My hand nervously fiddled over the keys of her cell phone. Occasionally as I was adding my information, I would glance up, only to look down at the phone again when I felt my cheeks get warmer. Once I caught a glimpse of her fingers moving about nimbly over my sidekick, a concentrated look in her eyes, and the new light shaping her face. She looked quite pretty. I was soon finished with the information, but I still wanted to add something else for her to remember me by. Before she was done, I turned the phone around and flashed a smiling picture of myself, not bothering to let my eyes alight upon it. Without a word, I handed it back to her, almost dropping it as my fingers fumbled to give it back. Cheeks warm again; I cleared my throat and looked around.

"So, we should be alone until Spencer comes back..." I noted aloud, staring back at her a bit more anxiously than I should have been.

She smiled kindly. "So, what now?"
Sign up to rate and review this story