Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > An Unexpected Birthday Present

Too Attached to Depart

by awe-or-sympathy 0 reviews

A fan's golden birthday turns out to be more than she ever imagined when she attends a concert for Panic! At the Disco.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-07-19 - Updated: 2007-07-19 - 899 words

0Unrated
Amanda's POV
I was glaring at the door after a few seconds of waiting. A small huff escaped my lips before I could help it. They weren't going to take him away. It was all too wonderful, the things that had happened on my birthday. And all of the things made me hope that when we had to say goodbye eventually, it would be long and sweet, and neither of us would utter the word. We would pretend like the whole separation was just temporary and we would see each other again sooner than we though, even if it would be an extended period of time.

Everything was silent again, only this time, neither of us intended it to be there. I didn't like it. My eyes shifted over to meet his, wondering what he was thinking. "Maybe they're gone," I whispered. Now continue with your story. Ryan ripped his gaze away unexpectedly and shouted over to the door. "It's open!"

I couldn't help but think of the worst. Damn it. Why did he have to do that? And in a second, the door swung open slowly, the hinges creaking eerily before the person behind it was revealed to be...

"Spencer?" It was Ryan's voice, but it dropped sullenly once we both took in Spencer's unfriendly stare. I drew in a quick breath before I turned back to Ryan, taking his hand in mine and never wanting to let go. My eyes were doing all the talking. Please don't go. Don't leave me here without you. It's my birthday, remember? You won't go away, will you, Ryan? I was pleading with them, putting all of my heart into it.

I was in trouble if he left. He was responsible for me, since I was without my friend or her mom, who were supposed to be keeping track of me but instead were nowhere to be seen.

"Let's go, Ryan," Spencer finally spoke, his voice much softer than his gaze had been. This caused Ryan to nod at him, and then look back at me. I stared into his shimmering brown eyes as long as I could, knowing that tears were beginning to form in mine.

I really couldn't get my mind off of one thought: When will I get to see him again?

Ryan's POV
I wasn't surprised to see Spencer at the door again. I was just surprised that he didn't come barging in. He had been to the room before. But maybe he was just listening for my voice or something. And anyway, it wasn't important and it wasn't close to what was going through my mind. Those things just touched the surface. I was just shocked that I would finally have to leave. Normally, I was all too happy to leave a venue after a show, but we all know what was different about that instance.

I felt her take my hand, but didn't look at her, despite the warm feeling that wrapped itself around me at her touch. I kept looking at Spencer, questioning him with my eyes.

"Let's go, Ryan," I heard him say. I knew that I couldn't argue with reason. I couldn't stay forever. This was goodbye. I nodded to him, hoping that he would give us some time alone, but not really caring if he would or wouldn't. I finally turned to her, eyes meeting hers. Again, I was caught speechless in front of her. Before I got a chance to say anything, she spontaneously threw her arms around me. My hand slid out of hers so that I could lock both together behind her back, holding her tightly to me.

I felt and heard a shaking breath come out of her, just the realizing that the whole thing was making her cry. My heart went out to her, stroking her back comfortingly. "When will I get to see you again?" she said nearly in a whisper. Another meeting? I didn't know. A long time from then, certainly, but I couldn't give her a date. So I told the truth as kindly as I could put it.

"As soon as I can arrange it."
She whispered something again after that, but I didn't hear it.

"What?" I said into her ear.

"Thompson. Amanda Thompson," she said, her voice still soft and sweet. I nodded, my eyes averting up to see Spencer, leaning against the wall, watching the scene in interest with a crooked smile on his face. I could tell he knew, just from that. Damn it...

"I'm gonna miss you, Ryan. A lot. More than you know." By that point, she was practically choking on her words.

"Shh..." Well, I couldn't just leave her sitting there on the floor, crying. I could at least walk her out. But I couldn't bring her back to the bus, or Jon and Brendon would know, too. Not that I wouldn't tell them sooner or later, I just wanted to tell them before they saw me walking in with some random girl who was in tears. "Come on," I said, before slowly letting go of her and gently pulling her up on her feet.

I looked at Spencer again with another nod. He turned out of the room and started down the hallway. "Let's go." My hand lightly tugged on hers before I followed after my friend with my new friend right behind me.
Sign up to rate and review this story