Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Believe Every Lie

THIRTEEN.

by aznfoblover 0 reviews

And yet another story. I honestly don't know how I'm finding the time to start these. Summaries are overrated. Read/review and that's all I'll say.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-07-19 - Updated: 2007-07-20 - 892 words

0Unrated
13.

"Care to start, Ria?" Mike asked accusingly. I flushed crimson and looked down. This wasn't the way I pictured them finding out.

"What about you, Patrick?" Joa asked. I could tell he was doing the same thing. The bell rang to end study hall, and we went to our respective classes. I sped off in front of Mike and ignored his calls and attempts to get me to wait. I got to the classroom and sat down, trying to hide from Mike. My logic was that if Mike didn't talk to me or find me, I wouldn't have to tell him without Patrick there. Of course, I had been assigned the seat next to him, so it was a bit difficult to hide.

"Ria," he said. "We didn't mean to say it like that. We were just...shocked. And a little hurt that you guys didn't trust us." I shrugged evasively, immediately jumping up to get today's worksheet from the front of the classroom as soon as the teacher put them down. I wanted to put off talking about me and Patrick for as long as possible. The teacher gave us the entire period to work on the sheet because she wasn't feeling good, but we had to keep our conversation level down to "a dull roar" as she put it. Why did teachers always say that?

With the worksheet due at the end of the period, I set to work on it straight away. I tried to ignore Mike once again, but it was really hard with the way he was sighing exasperatedly at both me and the worksheet. I decided to help him out.

"The answer is b," I said as he got to the multiple choice section. He looked up, eyed me suspiciously, and circled b on his worksheet.

"Thanks," he said, going back to his work. This wasn't him. I had only known him for a couple days, and I still knew he was acting out of character. I sighed and he looked up.

"Listen, it wasn't because we didn't trust you guys," I started. "It was just because we wanted to get to know each other better and get comfortable before we told you guys. And we were going to tell you, honestly. We just needed some us time, you know?" I said, praying he'd understand. He shrugged.

"I mean, I get it to some extent. But did you really think that all the sneaking around and stuff would work?" he asked. I shrugged back.

"I didn't really care either way. I knew we'd either tell you guys or get caught. Either way you'd know, so I didn't really think much of it. But Patrick was just so...uncomfortable in a cute way. He was so uncertain of what you'd think if he just asked me out after my first day, and he was so unsure of himself," I said with a slight smile. Mike grinned at me.

"You are so funny when you talk about him like that," Mike said, amused. I rolled my eyes, and everything seemed to be forgotten for the time being. Mike and I spent the rest of the period finishing our worksheets and goofing off.

When we were finally dismissed for lunch, we walked to our table joking and laughing. I could see that Joa and Patrick didn't have as much fun as Mike and I, probably because both were too stubborn for their own good. I sat down next to Patrick and he took my hand. Joa sighed.

"So," she said. "You guys are really going out, huh?" Patrick and I looked at each other before slowly nodding. Joa looked at Mike and shrugged, and Joa bit her bottom lip. Mike raised his eyebrows and shrugged back. He didn't look too happy, and I had a bad feeling about what Joa was about to say. "Uh, Patrick?" she asked. Patrick looked up and nodded. Mike looked at his hands. "I don't know if I'm gonna make it tomorrow." My eyes got big and Mike just fidgeted, then abruptly stood up, mumbling something about buying lunch.

"Mike, you want some company?" I asked. Patrick pouted, but I just squeezed his hand. Mike nodded and I followed.

"I did exactly what you said, and Joa just said that she wanted to be friends," Mike said. He was so disappointed. "She said that she wasn't ready or whatever. It's no big deal." He tried to sound like he meant it, but I could tell he was hurting. I hugged him.

"Hey, don't look so down. She'll come around. Or you'll find someone else to go with," I said. Mike shrugged and I almost expected him to say that he didn't want someone else. He could be such a drama king sometimes. We walked back and ate our lunches, Patrick's hand in mine. The bell rang and he kissed me quickly. I smiled at him and walked to French class with Joa.
***
A/N: This is the last time I post without reviews. I'm serious. If I don't know if you like it or not, I'm not going to bother posting this story anymore. I'm sorry if I seem like a bitch right now because it's not all your fault, I'm having some personal issues right now. Reviews are appreciated and needed. That's all.
Sign up to rate and review this story