Categories > Original > Fantasy > Tenaheru

Story of the Year Part. 1

by danizzlesnizzle 0 reviews

Prologue/Daniel gets his weapon.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy - Published: 2007-07-21 - Updated: 2007-07-22 - 1356 words

1Exciting
Tenaheru

A man and four others are running towards some creatures and a man.

Woman
"Finally, the last ones."
Man
"Yes, this is it. You and Lacey get those demons on the left. Rod and Lisa can get the ones on the right. I'll get the angel."
Woman
"Ok Phillip."
Man
"Good luck Brittney".

The ones named Brittney and Lacey ran to the left and attacked the creatures. Lacey stuck her arms straight out, and two retractable blades came out of either arm. She jumped towards two demons and slashed one, and then cut the head off the other one . Brittney pulled out a sword.

Brittney
"Sorrow"

The sword grew to twice its size and turned from silver, to blue and black. She attacked the demons.

Brittney
"Save these souls."

Four demons fell at her feet after one swing.

Rod and Lisa ran towards the other two. Rod pulled out a large bow and took two of them down. Then Lisa put her hands on a demon and the area around her lit up and the demon dissapeared. Then a demon jumped towards her and she punched it with a glowing fist and knocked it back, then Rod finished it off with an arrow to the throat. Phillip ran towards the angel.

Angel
"You can't defeat me, but I welcome your attempt."
Phillip
"Save it. I didn't come this far to lose. Die."

Phillip ran at the angel and swang his sword. The angel jumped over his sword and landed behind him.

Angel
"Your journey ends here."

The angel punched a hole through Phillip. Then he turned around and punched at the ground causing a wave of flame to travel towards Rod and Lisa. There was no escape for them and they were consumed by the flame.

Lacey
"This can't be happening."
Brittney
"It is, but I can still save you."

She hit Lacey with her sword, causing her to disappear. Then the angel jumped at Brittney and raised his sword.

Angel
"What does fear feel like?"

At that moment, Brittney stabbed the Angel through the heart.

Brittney
"You tell me, asshole."



Chapter 1
Story of the Year Part. 1




(beep, beep, beep)

Daniel
"Damn, it's morning already. Well, I guess it's time for another lousy day at work."
So I got up, showered, changed into my favorite Atreyu shirt, and went to work. I arrived at Kinder's Restaurant around 12:00. When I got to work, I was greeted by my overweight, unusually large breasted, slightly retarded and annoying co-worker Dawn.

Dawn
"Hello Mr. Daniel. Tired."
Daniel
"Yeah, I usually get to sleep at 2:00 and sleep until 11:00, and I'm still tired."

I walked over to pick up our freshly delivered chicken. I cut the box open, and poured the chicken into a sink to let it thaw. When it thawed I got to work organizing the dark and white meats into seperate containers. I noticed my strange Uncle Lloyd doing some gardening for the family business (Kinder's) outside. He came into the restaurant, and asked for me to come help him with something. So I went outside with him, and walked up to the icehouse. When we were both inside he pressed something on the wall. As you can expect, a cheesy trap door thing opened up. In the center of the newly discovered (by me at least) room was a pedestal. In the pedestal was a sword. It was in the shape of a katana, and had very jagged, rough-like edges, but sharp nevertheless. I asked why I needed a sword. He responded simply,

Uncle Lloyd
"You'll see."

That made me a little scared, but yet excited. So we walked outside and out of nowhere a creature attacked us. It was a very demonic looking thing. And to no surprise my Uncle claimed that is was in fact called a demon.

Daniel
"Can't you come up with a more creative name."
Uncle Lloyd
"I didn't come up with the name."

Surprisingly I had stayed calm and never really questioned our situation.

Uncle Lloyd
"Hit it with your sword."

So I ran up to it and hit it with downward swing as hard as I could. When I got a chance to look I noticed there was no effect.

Daniel
"What the hell. That didn't do anything. Why?"

At that moment, the beast jumped at me. Just as it did that, Uncle Lloyd ran towards it, jumped, and put one hand on it right as it was directly above me. All of a sudden there was a redish glow coming out of his hand. After about a second or two, the demon fell down in front of me and faded as if he was made of ashes.

Uncle Lloyd
"Notice how your sword never hurt it. That is because it has not yet awakened. You're lucky it was such a weak demon, otherwise I might not have been able to destroy it."
Daniel
"So you knew that I could have died if it was stronger."
Uncle Lloyd
"Well I sensed it was weak, but then again I'm getting old and my senses are probably innacurate. That much I knew. The reason why, was to give you an example."
Daniel
"What the hell is wrong with you?"
Uncle Lloyd
"Everything."
Daniel
"Well anyways, what do you mean by not awakened?"
Uncle Lloyd
"Ancient samurai used to believe that people were one with their sword, and that each sword has a soul of its own. That is partially true. Now this sword you have, was chosen for you when you were about 5 years old. Although, it has been around for about 800 years. It had been used before by your ancestors dating back to when it was forged in 1204. Swords like this are usually only able to be wielded by a certain member of the orginal family who owned the sword. It is chosen for a new family member every 4 generations. It is called a Kengen Ikishini, meaning the power of life and death. The reason why you couldn't hurt the demon, was because it is not yet awake. To wake, it needs to have a name. You must decide what you truly feel is the name it should have. Then it will wake, and you will feel its power."
Daniel
"How am I supposed to do that? How am I supposed to know what to name it?"
Uncle Lloyd
"Like I just said, it is the name that you truly feel is fit for the sword."

I started to think. I just happend to look down and notice my shirt.

Daniel
"I got it!" I exclaimed.
Uncle Lloyd
"Well then say the name and then say 'awaken'."
Daniel
"Ok, here it go's"

I looked at the sword, and held it up.

Daniel
"Atreyu awaken!"

All of a sudden, the sword started vibrating. It grew to about twice the size it was. The blade shimmered, and then turned black and red. It became lighter also, and I could feel what I assumed was the power of the sword. As I was admiring the sword, another demon attacked us. Then Uncle Lloyd put his hands straight down on the ground and all of a sudden a large bubble like structure covered us and the demon.

Uncle Lloyd
"No one can see this, it will be to much to explain to more than just you. Now try to attack it."

I ran at it, jumped, and slashed it with my sword. It fell at my feet, and disappeared into the wind. The bubble disappeared.

Daniel
"Is it just me or am I all of a sudden faster and I can jump a lot higher."
Uncle Lloyd
"Yes, your sword is responsible for that. Now before you ask any more questions, you better follow me."

We ran into the basement of the restaurant. Then we started running to the other end of the basement, when we were at the other end we were stopped by a man in a suit. He clicked his tongue a couple time.

Man
"This will not do. You are not supposed to be here."
Daniel
"Who the hell are you?"
Sign up to rate and review this story