Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Rubberband

Four Hundred

by KidB 0 reviews

...........

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way, Other - Published: 2007-07-25 - Updated: 2007-07-26 - 1254 words

0Unrated
I pulled into the parking lot slowly, my eyes heavy lidded from the sleep I'd just woken from. Today I ditched any tight clothing and hair straightening and just pulled my hair into a loose ponytail and wore sweatpants and a hoodie. It was cool out anyways, so it felt nice.

I pulled into my usual parking space and turned the ignition off, then stepped out of the car and locked it. Yawning loudly, I pushed some of my bangs out of my eyes and slowly walked around my car towards the school.

"Hey."

I jumped again upon hearing a male voice behind me. I looked over my shoulder in the direction of the greeting and met the uneasy eyes of Gerard. I felt my eyes widen slightly and I smiled at him politely. "Hi Gerard."

He shuffled his feet nervously and pulled his body off of his car, stepping forward and towards me. "I.. uh.. got towed. It was 50 bucks."

"Like I said," I smirked at him. "The extra set of keys is worth it."

He shrugged and nodded ever so slightly, his head down and eyes cast on the ground. I felt the awkward silence between us and decided to end it immediately by walking away. "Well... see ya." I started walking towards the school again, my bag feeling unusually heavy on my shoulder.

"Wait."

I stopped and craned my head over my shoulder at Gerard's quiet call to me. He licked his lips slightly and looked at me, hesitation in his hazel eyes. "Listen.." He began slowly, clearing his throat. "Uh.. about yesterday.."

"Yeah?" Here it comes. A thank you for the car ride. An apology for how he treated me. I knew he had it in him. He inhaled sharply and looked up.

"I think that..."

"What?"

"I don't know how to say this but-"

"It's okay, Gerard," I smiled softly at him, nodding my head. "Apology accepted. We all make mistakes sometimes. Oh, and you're welcome for the ride, too."

His face showed immediate surprise, and then his eyes glared at me. He laughed out loud, a dry and abrupt one. "Are you kidding me?" He scoffed. "What the hell do I have to apologize to you for? You're the one who fucking made a mistake! And you expect me to thank you for doing a good deed for me?" He sighed and shook his head, "I don't think so. You owed me, anyway."

My jaw literally dropped there. "What?" I shook my head and felt my eyebrows furrowing together in an angry scowl. I put a hand on my hip and shifted so I fully faced him. "Wait.. what?" I couldn't fully comprehend what was happening.

"God, you people are fucking conceited," He snorted, rolling his eyes at me.

"If you're not.. apologizing.." I started slowly, then paused and continued. "..And you're not.. thanking me.. then what the hell?" I felt my voice get louder with each word.

He snorted and smirked at me, crossing his arms across his chest. "I was GOING to tell you that you owe me about 400 soda cans," He leaned in towards me and smiled sarcastically. "You know, for the little 'accident' we had."

I felt rage surge through my body. He wanted to talk to me about repaying him in SODA cans? WHAT?!

"400?" I shook my head visciously in disbelief. "What the hell are you talking about?!" I exhaled slowly and ran a hand through my bangs, pushing them out of my eyes. "You expect me to give you 400 pop cans?"

"That's what I said, isn't it?" He replied cooly, his eyes never leaving mine.

"No way," I shook my head again. "There's no way this is happening."

He sneered at me. "Why not? You fucking demolished my project. You fucking owe me."

"YOU JUST SAID THAT THE CAR RIDE WAS THE REPAYMENT!" I felt my voice shouting at him in anger. He was driving me insane, literally.

"Hah! You think a ride HOME is repayment for my project? Well, fuck you! You'd have to give me a ride home for the next 40 years in order to repay what you did to my project!" His voice was started to rise as well.

"I don't think so!" I growled at him, my eyes narrowing in fury. I threw my hands up in outrage. "You're overreacting about that damn project! It was a pile of aluminum! Big deal!"

"How would you know what it looked like?" He snarled at me. "The only time you saw it was when your ass was destroying it."

OH, HELL no.

"Excuse me?" I cocked an eyebrow. "No.." I waved my hands and shook my head quickly. "Nevermind. Forget it. Forget ME. This never happened." I inhaled quickly and started to walk away when I felt a cool hand grab my wrist. "What the hell?" I whipped my body around to see a furious Gerard standing inches away from me.

"I don't think so," He spat at me through clenched teeth. "I don't think you understand me," He continued in a low tone. "You are getting me 400 pop cans. There's no way out of this."

"Oh yeah?" I leaned in, sneering up in his face. "You're gonna make me, huh?" I felt his grip tighten on my arm.

"You're getting me my soda cans, Dana."

"How do you expect me to get 400 soda cans? Huh? I don't drink a lot of pop to begin with.. and do you know how much that would cost me?"

He smirked at me and shrugged. "Better drink up."

"OH!" I screamed in irritation and tried to yank my arm out of his cold hand, but it was no use. His hold was tight on me. "Let GO of ME!" I tried shaking my arm free again. No luck.

"No," He shook his head. "Not until you agree to get me my cans back."

"Did you not just hear what I was saying? It's IMPOSSIBLE. There's no way I can get you 400 cans, Gerard. There is no way."

He was silent for a moment, as if he were thinking. "Alright." I thought I was off the hook a moment, but his grip proved otherwise. "Here's what we'll do. You have until the end of the year-" he paused, "That's in what.. 7 months? 6 months?" He sighed and shrugged, "Whatever. You have until the end of the year to get me my cans."

"Or what?" I smirked up at him.

He grinned down at me. "Or I'll make your life a living hell." And with that, he let go of my wrist. I reached down and rubbed it, scowling up at him.

"This is bullshit," I mumbled to myself.

He sighed and nodded, "Indeed it is. But so is you ruining my project-"

"Shut the hell up about the project already!" I groaned. "Jesus!"

He rolled his eyes and slung his backpack over his shoulder. "Whatever. I'm going to class." He began to walk towards the building when he stopped to glance at me. "I'll see you around," He flashed a sarcastic smile at me before walking off. He stopped and looked over his shoulder at me. "By the way, thanks for the ride. And apology accepted!" The sarcasm and mocking was dripping from his voice. I was seething. That bastard. That BASTARD.

I stood still a moment, my eyes locked on my wrist. I slowly looked up to see his dark figure disappearing into the school and I sighed.

What just happened?
____________________________________________________

feedback please!! thanks!
Sign up to rate and review this story