Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Rubberband

Lunch

by KidB 3 reviews

.........

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way, Other - Published: 2007-07-26 - Updated: 2007-07-26 - 1468 words

0Unrated
"He's doing it again."

"Shut up."

He rolled his eyes at me as he took a bite of his sandwich. "I'm just saying-"

I glared up at him. "Don't just say anything." I sighed, "I don't care."

"But I do!" He sighed and leaned back in his chair. "Look, it's a little creepy having him look over here every 2 minutes. It's making me uneasy."

I scowled at him. "Why don't you sit somewhere else then? If it's bothering you so much..."

He rolled his eyes, "Don't get dramatic on me. I'm just saying... damn! Again! Does the guy ever quit? Who is he anyway?"

"His name's Gerard," I mumbled back before taking a drink of my coke. I set it down and stared at the wall behind Billy blankly. Trying to ignore the fact that Gerard was staring at me constantly the whole lunch period.

"Ok..." Billy nodded and leaned forward. "And? How do you know him? I've never seen him before."

"I hadn't seen him before either," I replied, shrugging. "Until yesterday."

Billy cocked an eyebrow at me. "Yesterday? What happened yesterday? You know, I've never even seen him sit there before-" He didn't even take a breath between his words, just ran them into one long sentence. "Is he sitting there to stare at you? Me? Us? God," He laughed slightly. "I don't know, it's just seriously awkward." He exhaled and looked at me with a goofy smile on his face. "So, what happened yesterday?"

"Wow, I'm surprised you can still talk," I smirked at him sarcastically. "Anyway, yesterday I ruined his art project when I was late for economics-"

"Damn! Late for economics?" He wagged his finger at me. "Tsk, tsk. Bad class to be late to. How'd Williams deal with it? Man, that guy is such a bastard. I remember this one time-"

"Billy!" I rubbed my temples and groaned. Although Billy was my best friend since first grade, he's always been sort of a motor mouth. He never shuts up. About anything.

"What?" And then he acts all innocent and ignorant about it. I've told him countless times to just give talking a break, but he never listens. So I've given up on telling him to be quiet.

"Just.." I scrunched my face up and closed my eyes. "Just.. let me finish, okay? Do you wanna hear this or not?"

He smiled slightly and cocked his head to the side. "Why wouldn't I wanna hear this? I just said I DID. Jeez, Dana, you're going crazy I think." He licked his lips slightly and cringed. "I don't like the looks he's sending over here. Is he in our grade?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "He's a senior. And he happens to hate me."

"Hate you?" Billy's eyes widened. "How could he hate you? How is that possible?"

I rolled my eyes and smiled slightly, "It's possible to hate someone, Billy. Especially if that someone crushes your pop can project."

"What the hell?" He laughed slightly and leaned back again. "Pop can project? What?"

"I was TRYING to tell you that I crushed it yesterday while running to economics.. don't even ask me how I did it," I paused while shaking my head. "Because I don't even know. I just remember my ass being on the floor and a bunch of swears yelled at me."

His mouth broke out into a grin and his eyes lit up with amusement. "No way! There's no way you crushed some dude's project!"

"I just said I did, didn't I? Were you even listening? You know what? Nevermind," I sighed heavily, "Anyway, he's been holding it over me since. And hating me since."

"That's hilarious, Dana," He smirked at me, laughing softly. He shook his head and popped a chip into his mouth. "Really, it is." He swallowed his chip and glanced over at Gerard. "Looking again. God, he's scary. And FAT." He laughed slightly, "What a chunker!"

I sneered at Billy, "Shut up. You used to be a 'chunker' at one point too, you know."

"Yeah, in elementary school," He smirked at me. He rubbed his hand over his bicep and grinned. "I'm all muscle now, baby."

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever."

"So.." He began, "What's he doing to you? I mean.. he's not threatening you or anything, right?" He scowled slightly, "Because if he is, I'll have to beat his ass. You know that, right?"

"No," I shook my head. "He's not threatening me. He's just sort of making me.. repay him.. for his destroyed project."

Billy eyed me suspiciously. "What kind of repayment?"

"Well he wants me to.." I trailed off when I saw his frowning face. I then realized why. "Ew! Not like THAT, you perve!"

Billy shrugged, "Who knows. The guy looks like he needs to get laid. Badly." He looked me up and down. "And I guess you'd satisfy his needs - OW!" He rubbed his arm where I'd punched him.

"As much as I'd love to stay and continue engaging in this awkward conversation, I have to do something." I stood up and finished off my Coke.

"What are you doing?" There was confusion written all over his face. "Where are you going?"

I flicked my empty can lightly, "I have to go talk to your chunkers."

"What? No!"

"Yes." I began to turn around and walk towards Gerard, who was currently staring at a piece of paper on the table where he was sitting. His hand was writing furiously.

"Wait! Stop!" I heard Billy's cries from behind me. "He'll rape you! Stop!"

I waved it off and kept walking, rolling my eyes in disgust. My best friend could be the most annoying person on the planet when he wanted to be. I've learned to ignore it. I approached Gerard's table slowly, biting my lip in anxiety. He looked up as soon as I was standing in front of him, and his eyes immediately shone with surprise.

I inhaled shakily and held out the coke can with a trembling hand. "Here," I glared at him.

"What's this?" He cocked an eyebrow at me.

"What, you forgot already?" I rolled my eyes and set the empty can down hard. "It's part of our deal."

Gerard glanced at the can and then slowly looked up and me with a smirk on his lips. "I can't accept this."

"What? Why?"

He sighed and shrugged, a smile tugging at his lips. "I only accept Pepsi products."

"What?!" I felt the rage burning through me again. "I don't think so!" I shook my head, my eyes burning daggers through him. "I..I .. " I was studdering I was so angry. "I SAW Coke cans when I bumped into them! I saw them!"

He grinned and nodded, "Alright, alright. You caught me-" He paused and looked at me. "I was joking. Fucking calm down."

I sneered at him and started to turn around, but stopped when I heard his voice.

"One down, 399 to go."

I whipped my head around, fury burning in my eyes. "Look," I stepped forward and pointed a finger at him, poking his chest. "Don't mock me. Don't start crap with me. Don't even talk to me unless it's about these damn pop cans. Just DON'T."

He looked almost shocked for a moment before jerking away from my finger. "Don't touch me," He glared, anger clouding his vision. "Like I'd take up YOUR precious time and talk to you, princess," He spat at me. I could tell I'd hit a nerve.

"Good, and while you're at it, stop STARING at me every 2 minutes!" I was on a roll.

His eyes softened, but immediately hardened a moment later. "I was not staring at you," He grit out through clenched teeth. I saw his cheeks flush a light pink.

"Like hell you weren't," I growled at me. "We both saw you-" I paused and motioned to Billy, who had his eyes locked on us and his body slightly raised from the seat, as if he were getting ready to come over. "And it's weird. Stop looking at me."

Gerard stood up and slammed his books down. He leaned in so close to my face that I could feel his warm breath on my cheek. "Don't," He hissed at me softly. "Ever. Talk to me. Again."

"Oh, so the deal's off?" I smirked at him, crossing my arms.

"Fuck no," He shook his head. "You won't talk to me. Just deliver the cans." His eyes narrowed at me and he looked me up and down before whispering coldy, "You fucking bitch." He grabbed his books and turned on his heel quickly. He stormed out of the cafeteria, leaving me there still. I stood in shock. I'd really made him mad.

I glanced back at Billy, who had his mouth slightly open.
Sign up to rate and review this story