Categories > Original > Fantasy > Woverin Confrontation

Chapter Four

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

The Sequel to Woverin Domination

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2007-07-26 - Updated: 2007-07-27 - 1164 words

0Unrated
They drew apart breathing hard, "I have to lead the army to find Vasilis," Micah said. "I want to know that you're safe here, while I can't protect you." He pulled her close and closed his eyes, relishing the feeling of holding her. "I've never been in love before so I can't say if this is what I feel. But I do know the thought of something bad happening to you makes me want to tear my heart out."
Delta pulled away and looked up at him with tears in her eyes. "I want you to promise me something." She said quietly, "I want you to promise to be very careful. Because I feel the same way about you. I don't want to lose you when I just found you."
Micah drew her back into his arms, kissing her softly, then reluctantly pulled away.
"I need to go," he said, holding her hand as they walked back to the palace together. He gently kissed her again after they entered the main chamber of the seraglio. Then with a nod to Melina he walked out the doors.
Melina walked over to Delta and put her arm around her.
"Lord Micah will be fine," she said quietly.
Delta dabbed her eyes at the tears that threatened to fall, then let Melina lead her down the hallway to a large suite of rooms.

Micah walked quickly to the barracks, the trackers and foot soldiers began to cheer as soon as he entered the building.
He raised a hand to quiet the room then began to speak. "We have evidence that Vasilis is attacking villages. We need to find him and those who ride with him, before they attempt to attack the city. I will need some of the foot soldiers to stay here and guard the city, but most of you will march with me tomorrow at dawn."
He started to walk toward the barrack door, dismissing the meeting, then turned when a voice called his name.
"I want to ask if I can stay to guard the city," Lucien said quietly.
Micah stared at him, then smiled widely. "This wouldn't happen to be because of Halie would it?" He teased and Lucien grinned sheepishly.
"I want to get to know her better," he admitted, "I know she's grieving her husband but I'm hoping that one day she might look at me favorably."
Micah clapped him on the back, "I was going to ask you to stay anyway, I need a commander I can trust.
He began to walk toward the door again.
"Aren't you going with the other men for the usual celebrations?" Lucien asked mischievously.
"I have something to take care of back at the palace." Micah answered, "and it's more interesting then celebrating with you lunkheads." Then he walked out of the barracks and back to the palace.

He was greeted at the door by his butler, "the lady Delta is in the library." The butler told him, "I gave her the run of the house, since she is a guest here." Then he bowed and silently disappeared into the shadows.
Micah walked toward the library and stood in the door, watching her sit by the fire reading.
Finally he quietly said, "Delta," and she looked up, smiling brightly when she saw him.
"Micah," she said putting the book aside and springing to her feet.
They met in the center of the room, and he pulled her into his embrace, breathing in the scent of her hair. They stood there in the center of the room just holding each other, then he pulled away.
"I have something I want to ask you," he said. "I want to marry you Delta, tonight, before I leave. I realized something, you are the first woman that I've ever felt this way about, and you are the only woman I want to give my name to." He got down on one knee, clasping her hands, "please marry me."
She just stared at him for a moment, then threw herself in his arms weeping. "Yes I'll marry you," she whispered holding him close.
He tipped her head back, "I love you," he whispered before kissing her. "You don't have to say it back. I just wanted to say it once."
Then he got to his feet and led her out, calling for the butler. "Call a priest," he told him "and get Melina, Halie, and Lucien. We're having a wedding tonight."

"With the authority given to me by the Woverin elders, I pronounce you man and wife." The priest said, ending the ceremony. "You may kiss the bride," Micah pulled Delta into his embrace, kissing her, then sweeping her up into his arms, he ran to his suite as the three witnesses cheered.
Melina left to walk the priest out, leaving Halie and Lucien alone.
They stood there awkwardly until Lucien broke the silence, "I know you're in mourning for your husband." He began, "but when you feel ready, I'm going to court you."
Halie looked at him in surprise, "you are bold aren't you."
"In my line of work, you have to be bold and say what needs to be said quickly." He said walking toward her.
He reached over and gently cupped her chin, raising her face. "I'm willing to wait, but I mean to have you Halie." He said, before kissing her.
She pushed away from him hard, "all my life I've been told by men what I had to do." She said hotly, "for the first time in my life I'm free to make my own choice." She looked at him, "I never loved my husband," she admitted. "I will mourn him for he was a great man, but it will not be long. When I am ready to make a decision I will tell you. But the decision will be mine, not yours. I will not be bullied ever again."
Then she grasped his neck, and kissed him hard, as twilight gathered outside.

The next morning Delta, Lucien, and Halie stood outside the palace, watching as Micah and the army prepared to leave.
Micah dismounted from his horse, and walked over to Delta gathering her up in his arms. "Send a message to my mother and Aaron, if you need anything." He said to her, "I promise I will return to you soon."
He kissed her hard, then turned and walked back to his horse.
"Micah wait," she said frantically, as he prepared to mount. She ran to him and embraced him fervently, "I love you." She said with tears streaming down her face. He lifted her up in his arms and kissed her, as she clung to his neck. "You kill that bastard and come home to me," she whispered fiercely in his ear before he set her back on the ground.
Micah mounted his horse, then saluting Lucien and the remaining foot soldiers he led the army out of the city gates.
Sign up to rate and review this story