Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > Kingdom Hearts: The Story Continues

Default Chapter

by keyblader_twilight 2 reviews

When Sora and Riku head out for a new adventure, they find themselves in the world of Eragon! But what happens when they're captured by the king and he forces Riku to serve him? And what's all this...

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Riku, Sora, Other - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-07-17 - Updated: 2007-07-18 - 1221 words

0Unrated
"Sora, we have to hurry!"

"I know! One more minute, Riku!"

"What else can you possibly be packing!?! You don't even need to pack anything! Besides your brain..."

"What was that!?!"

"Nothing!"

Riku stood at the road, tapping his foot, impatiantly. Sora was up in his room, grabbing things to take with him. Three days ago, they recieved a letter from King Mickey that told them another world was in serious trouble. It was plagued with heartless and other things that didn't sound good. So, the two of them were called in to help. The problem was, Sora couldn't decide what to bring.

He scrambled through his room, grabbing random things and chucking them the other way. After half an hour, he stepped out of his house, looking pleased.

Riku stared at him. "Well? What did you bring?"

"Nothing," Sora replied with a smile.

"C'mon! You spent half an hour up in your room and you decided not to bring anything!" Riku groaned and started to walk down the street. Sora ran up to him, falling into step. "Excited?" Riku asked noticing Sora was really jumping.

Sora laughed. "Yeah! This'll be so cool! I can't wait to travel again and battle heartless and..." Sora's voice kept going but Riku was lost in thought. If they left, would they find the source of all the heartless? From what Sora told him, the heartless came from the darkness and if everyone's heart was full of light, the heartless would disappear. But was he ready to accept the light?

"Riku? Are you even listening?" Sora waved a hand in front of his face.

"Wha-? Oh yeah. I'm pretty excited too." Riku glanced at Sora. The keyblade master was unconvinced.

~

They approached the island, taking one long look at their home. Sora looked at the island with sad eyes. "Ready to go?" Riku asked, putting a hand on his best friend's shoulder. Sora nodded, unable to speak. Together, they walked inside the Secret Place and through the door, into a world of adventure...

~

They stepped out of a bright door which closed behind them. "So much for going back," Sora said weakly.

Riku started to walk as Sora trailed behind him. "Son't worry. I'm sure the King has a way of getting us out of here. Wherever here is," he added with a chuckle. They were in a huge forest. The horizon showed no sign of ending. All that existed for what seemed like miles was mountains and trees. In other words, wilderness.

Riku jumped over a tree and kept walking. Sora chased after him. "Hey, where are you going?"

"This way," came his confident reply. The two walked for around two hours before Sora was ready to collapse.

"Can we stop for a bit?" He gasped between breaths. "At least for five minutes?" He begged a bit.

Riku sighed and nodded. "Alright. I'll grab wood for a fire," he said and pulled off branches from a tree, tossing them onto the ground. He flicked his wrist and a dark ball of flame hit the pile of twigs, setting them on fire.

Sora fell to the ground, exhausted. Riku chuckled and sat down beside him. "You really need to get out more."

"Hey! Just because I was asleep for a year doesn't mean-" his words were cut off by a huge roar from behind them. The two rushed through the trees, their keyblades appearing in their hands as they ran. They ran out to a large clearing to see an amazing site.

A huge sapphire dragon was in front of them, blowing hot fire attempting to kill the creatures that attacked it. Beside it, a young man stood, a bright blue sword in his hands. He was much fairer than any human, with pointed ears and elagnt features. Behind him, a man with a large war hammer was swinging at the creatures. He was more human like than his companion and had a more worn looking appearance. As for what was attacking them, Sora and Riku already knew all about the heartless.

The two keybladers rushed in, killing heartless as they went. After a few minutes, all of the enemies were gone. Sora and Riku relaxed, allowing their keyblades to lower.

The dragon approached them but not fiecely. It gave them a snort and backed up to the younger man. The young man walked up to them. "Thank you for your help. I'm sure that we would have been overrun without your assistance," he said inclining his head.

Sora and Riku glanced at eachother for a second. "Your welcome. It was our pleasure to help you. I'm Riku and this is Sora," Riku said, gesturing to Sora who was apparantly lost for words.

"Eragon. This is my dragon, Saphira and my brother, Roran," he said and the other man gave a slight wave. "Might I ask what you are doing in the middle of the Spine? Or are you just travellers?"

Riku nodded. "Yes. We are travellers. We've come a long way as per request from our King." Sora looked at him. He didn't know Riku was so used to this.

"Your King?" Eragon tensed up a bit.

"He is a wise ruler. He has told us of your problems here such as an evil king and decided to send us to assist you," Riku replied and Saphira looked down at her rider.

Eragon relaxed. "Very well. I do not believe you meant us harm if you defeated those creatures. I had never seen anything like them. Nor of your blades," he added looking at their keyblades.

Riku nodded. "They're called heartless and are fearsome beings. As for our weapons, they are legendary blades from our homeland and are some of the only thing that can kill the heartless."

"Since you helped us," Eragon started, sheathing his sword. "Would you care to join us for camp? It is getting dark and it is unwise to travel during night in these parts."

Riku nodded, dismissing his keyblade. Behind him, Sora did the same. "We would be honored to."

Once they had a fire going again and some food in their stomaches, they sat around the fire and talked. "We heard some bad things about this place. Could you tell us about it?" Sora asked, regaining his voice from the shock.

Eragon nodded. "Yes, we are having rough times. An evil king, Galbatorix, rose to power many years ago. He's evil and wants nothing more than to rule for all eternity."

"But he's human, right? He has to die sometime," Sora objected.

Roran who was sitting beside him shook his head. "Wrong. He is a dragon rider. They can live forever as long as they don't get killed or their dragons."

"So we're fitting an immortal dragon rider, bent on taking over the world and has an entire empire and a huge dragon at his command?" Riku summerized. The two nodded. He shrugged. "Should be pretty easy."

Eragon and Roran looked at eachother. "I don't think you get it. This guy is insanely powerful. He can kill with the snap of his fingers and he bring pain for enjoyment. I seriously doubt you've ever faced anyone like this," Roran said.

Sora looked at Riku who was staring at the ground. "Actually, we have a pretty good idea."
Sign up to rate and review this story