Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Walk Amongst the Stars Because You Shine Like One

Prolouge- Broken Hearts, Broken Promises- May 24

by rejected_smurf_god 3 reviews

Numero 2 bitches! Pete and the boys have been gone for almost a year now and Pete hasn't written her for almost a month now. When graduation comes around Pete still isn't around. When he finally...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-07-26 - Updated: 2007-07-26 - 1046 words - Complete

0Unrated
It had been ten months and about two weeks since Fall Out Boy had left for their tour with Blink 182 and we were all going through total withdrawls. Today was graduation day though and Amy was telling me and Leslie that we had to be happy of she was going to bash us over the head with her mortar board hat.

Believe me, it hurts. A lot.

Pete hadn't written me for a whole month and I was trying to stop myself from writing him thousands of letters. It would seems kind of pathetic.

Joe calls me every Friday and mostly he asks about Leslie. Is she ok? Has she moved on?

On the contrary Leslie is just as she usually is. She's still madly in love with Joe and she missed him like crazy. One time, in between classes and cassmates bombarding me with questions about Pete and the boys, Leslie ran up to me, grabbed my shouldrs, and shook me screaming "I can't stand it anymore! I want him back! DO YOU HEAR ME?! I. WANT. HIM. BACK!"

It was very scary to say the least.

Patrick writes Amy a letter for everyday of the time they've been apart. Usually it's stuff like "We played our show in (enter choice of city here) and somone threw thier bra on stage but all I could think about was you and how much I missed you."

Cheesy shit like that.

Amy swoons whenever she opens another letter and then she curls up in a ball and reads it over and over until it practically bursts into dust. Leslie and I roll our eyes everytime we see on of those letters.

Even Andy contects us once and awhile. He mostly says stuff about the new record 'From Under the Cork Tree.' How Pete keeps writing these weird lyrics. Most of them are sorta sad.

Me and Pete seem to have drifted apart. I miss him so much but he's been gone for so long I don't even konw if what we had before he left would even linger there anymore.

But he promised to be here for graduation. Promised. And the Pete Wentz I know never goes back on his promises.

But would he be different now?

I hope not.

"Come on Dra!" Amy said pulling on my arm.

I fixed my gown and tilted my mortarboard slightly to the side. If I had to wear this damn thing I'm going to wear it stylishly.

"I'm coming, I'm coming. Jesus!" I snapped.

Amy sighed in frusttration and checked out the crowd. "Where is he?" she whispered.

"Babe, they'll come. Don't worry. Patrick wouldn't miss your graduation for the world." I said.

Amy sighed sadly butt hen her face lit up.

"There they are!" she screamed.

I jumped up and literally pushed her out of the way. I peered out into the audience and saw...

Patrick...and Joe.

Where was Pete?

"Pete's not here." I whispered. I dropped my head sadly and sighed.

"Uh, Dra, maybe he's rinning late. He wouldn't miss graduation." Amy said.

Leslie bounded in, her brown curls bouncing. "IS HE HERE?!" she screamed.

Me and Amy exchanged looks.

"Dare we say it?" I asked.

"Dare we shall." She replied.

"Yes." We stated together.

Leslie screamed so loud that for a secone everything went silent. At first I thought she had blown out my eardrums but it turned out everyone had heard her scream and scared everybody.

"Leslie, shhh!!!" I hissed.

She clamped her hand over her mouth, her eyes wide.

Time passed and soon conversation in the audience began again. We all looked each other and sighed letting out breathly laughes, before someonew knocked at the door and Leslie almost let out another scream.

"You girls alright?" someone asked.

"Yeah." We stated.

"Is this Leslie, Kendra, and Amy?" they asked. We exchanged looks.

"Uh, yeah." I said.

"Open the door then."

Leslie swallowed and opened the door.

Joe stood smiling and Leslie let out a little high-pitched squeal before throwing her arms around Joe's neck. Patrick came next. He smiled at me and then kissed Amy on the nose. She wrinkled her nose and sneezed.

"Hey Patrick?" I asked. He looked up from Amy and raised his eyebrows. "Where's Pete? I didn't see him in the crowd."

Patrick stared at me sorrowfully. He looked at Joe and they both dropped their gazes to the floor.

"He-he's not coming?" I whispered.

They didn't answer. I felt my heart crumble slightly.

"He promised." I murmured.

Amy and Leslie exchanged looks and sighed but all I could keep thinking was, Pete's not coming. But he promised. Pete's not coming. But he promised.

Suddenly two teenage boys burst thorugh the doors. "Patrick! Joe! There you are. We were looking for you. You just sorta vanished on us." one said. He stopped when he noticed the mained looks on our faces.

"Oh, uh-sorry." He whispered.

I shook my head and wiped my watery eyes. "It's fine." I said, sticking out my hand "Kendra."

He tentavely took my hand and shook it. "Brendan. Breanda Urie. That's Ryan Ross."

"It's nice to meet you, Brendan Urie and Ryan Ross." I whispered.

He looked at Ryan, who raised his eyebrows, Brendan turned back at me.

"Forgive me for asking but you look like your heart is breaking, do you neet help getting over that heart break?" Brendan asked.

Cheesiest pick-up line, I know, but in a way it touched my heart. I nodded.

"Thanks." I whispered.

He shrugged and wrapped me up in a hug. He was a boy I barely knew and yet I've never felt more close to anyone in my life. Well, besides Pete but I'm being angry at him right now.

When the boys left for the audience I braced myself, stepped up, got my diploma, and sat down. When graduation was over Amy, Leslie, and I threw our mortarboard in the air ran off to Amy's new convertible.

There was still no Pete but I was alright.

Brendan was there.

When Pete wasn't.

God damn, stop crying.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back bitches!

I watched Harry Potter last night and cried when I saw the twins because....well, it happened in the seventh book so I won't give anything away.
Sign up to rate and review this story