Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Walk Amongst the Stars Because You Shine Like One

Chapter 1-Hello Mr. Heartbreaker- May 31

by rejected_smurf_god 3 reviews

Pete's back and Kendra's got a new love interest

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-07-27 - Updated: 2007-07-27 - 1099 words - Complete

0Unrated
Joe and Patrick stayed with us for a few day sand even Andy stopped in for a few days. We were reunited with Nadia, but still no Pete.

Brendan and Ryan stayed by my side and we got closer and closer. In a period of seven days I seemed to have made two more life-long friends. Ryan was really sweet, he always did his own make-up and sometimes he did mine, but he made sure I knew he wasn't gay.

Brendan and I seemed closer than me and Ryan though. He opened the door for me, offered me his arm when we went out in public places and was almost always my 'date' for when Fall Out Boy had some party to be.

Of course, Pete came to those parties but he made it so obvious the was avoiding me. It was heartbreaking.

It was when Brendan and I became an official couple that Pete finally walked back into my life, and my life sent him back limping.

"Kendra?" Brendan whispered in the treehouse in my backyard, the very one that me and Pete had gotten together in.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

"Yeah?" I replied, staring at the cobwebby ceiling. A spider crossed his web layering it with the near invisible silk.

He didn't say anything for so long, I thought he had fallen asleep. I kept waiting for something, anything to happen.

"Brendan are you still awake?" I finally asked.

"Yeah. I'm trying to think of the right way to say it." He whispered. He remained quiet for a little while more.

"Kendra, did you ever really like someone and not know how to tell them?" he murmured.

I chuckled. What he doesn't know.

"Yeah of course B-den." I whispered back.

"Ok, well-"he took a deep breath "Kendrawillyougooutwithme?"

Wha-?

"I don't understand what you were saying." I said puzzledly.

He sighed and started again.

"Will-you-go-out-with-me?" He asked again.

It dawned on me on what he was trying to say and I gasped. He was asking me out?!

I must have froze because Brendan sighed sadly.

"It's ok. You don't like me like I like you. That's alright." He whispered.

"No! No! I just can't believe you're asking me out. Why would you want to go out with me?" I asked.

He shrugged.

"Because you're gorgeous and honestly I think I first loved you when I met you at your graduation." He stated.

I blushed. It was just two minutes ago he was asking me out, now he's telling me he loved me? Why does my heart flutter when I hear those words flow from his mouth?

"Hey Brendan?" I asked.

"Hmmm?" he replied.

"I'll go out with you." I whispered.

He jumped onto his stomach, a happy grin fixiated on his face pointed directly at me.

"Really?" He literally squeaked.

"Yes Brendan. I'll go out with you." I replied chuckling.

He smiled wider, if that was possible, and placed his lips on mine. Time passed and niether one of us pulled away. I hesitantly placed my arms around his neck and he caressed my cheek with the palm of his hand. A few more moments passed vy and we quietly pulled apart. His hazel eyes looked into mine and I couldn't help but think about another man's hazel eyes.

Would his heart break when he saw me like mine did when he didn't show up to my graduation he promised to be at?

Why should I care?

A little voices inside of me whispered 'Because you still love him.'

I shoved the voice back into the closets of my mind refusing to hear it's story. I loved Brendan right now. Pete is no longer.

"Brendan?" Are you up there?"

Speak of the fucking devil.

Brendan poked his head out of the treehouse's shaded window an dshouted a "Yeah!" out to Pete.

"Come on down so we can practice recording." Pete said and then he sighed. I peeked my eye around the window, still hiddin in the night's shadow. Pete shuffled awkwardly for a while an dthen looked back at Brendan "do you know where Kendra is?" he asked.

Brendan nodded vigorously "Yeah. She's here with me."

I saw the blood drain from Pete's face. I felt slightly triumphant that he felt sorta bad for completely ignoring me for a week. No, 10 months.

I showed up in the window and waved. "Hi, Petey!" I exclaimed, "Long time no see!"

He laughed awkwardly. It sounded very fake. "Kendra." He said. He turned to Brendan. "You-get down here. We got to get you pracicing."

Brendan nodded "Come on Dra."

Pete flinched at the nickname. That's what he used to call me.

Brendan crawled down the stairs and lifted me up and placed me on the ground, skipping the last five steps I had yet to climb/fall down.

"Thanks." I whispered. I kissed his cheek and saw, in the corner of my eye, Pete drop his head sadly.

'Mr. Heartbreaker, you've met your match.' I thought sullenly.

Brendan kissed my lips, smiled a little too large at Pete, took my hand, and jogged off in one direction, toward Pete's house.

"Hello Kendra!" Mrs. Wentz chirped. "Brendan! You look so skinny! I'm going to make lasagna for you and it's going to add weight to your little frame!"

He smiled bashfully. "Really Mrs. W, we were just going to go down and practice."

"Nonsense! Tell Pete taht your band's practice will have to wait. Food is always first." Mrs. Wentz exclaimed.

"Boys are close second."" I added. Mrs. Wentz laughed her light tinkly laugh.

"Yes, I suppose so." she replied.

Brendan scrunched up his nose.

"I prefer girls," he grapped my hand "Actually a certain girl."

Mrs. Wentz said nothing but I could see a faint smile on her face. Brendan and I ignored her, sharing a moment only we could share, that is until Pete stormed in loudly, slamming the door, stomped to the fridge, grabbed the milk carton, and guzzled it all in 30 seconds.

"Back to work, Brendan." He set an apologetic look to his mom, but not me. "Work first. Food second."

Mrs. Wentz tutted silently but let them go. Brendan floated out of my arms and followed Pete downstairs.

Mrs. Wentz looked up from the cutting of veggitables and watched the basement door and then back at me.

"You and Pete seem-different." she murmured.

Pfft. Understatement of the year.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 everybody. I don't have any notes to give you so I'm just going to leave you with that.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story