Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > Kingdom Hearts: The Story Continues

Four

by keyblader_twilight 1 review

The fourth segment of Kingdom Hearts: The Story Continues Eragon, Saphira, Roran and Sora are held prisoner in the most secure dungeons of Uru'baen. Meanwhile, Riku is confronted with a horrific p...

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Riku, Sora, Other - Published: 2007-07-27 - Updated: 2007-07-28 - 865 words

0Unrated
Sora's POV:

Sora sighed, trying to relax but that was pretty hard to do in a cell. He tried calling for his keyblade but for some reason it wouldn't come. He glanced across the hall to see Eragon pacing. Sora made a move to eat some of the food they brought but Eragon stopped him.

"They probably put poison or some drug in the food and drink," he explained when Sora asked.

"You mean I can't eat?" Sora said, utterly astonished. He had never been not allowed to eat. Especially when the food was sitting in front of him. "Fine," he said, trying to sound confident but his stomache growled.

Eraogn chuckled. "Eventually, our strength will be high enough to break out of here. These soldiers may be strong but I am positive that we can defeat them."

"Yeah. Eventually."

Five days past with no sign or word of Riku. Sora was starting to worry. He thought of what they might be doing to him. Riku was tough though. He had gotten a lot stronger in the past two years.

Footsteps sounded at the end opf the hall. It was probably the guy who delivered the food. "Stop," a soldier said in a commanding tone. "No one is to be down here."

"Really?" Said a familiar voice. "It would be unwise to disobey me."

"S-sorry sir but I h-had to make sure. Y-you might have been an imposter."

"And does anyone else in Alagasia resemble me?"

The soldier was silent this time and the footsteps continued down. Sora looked to see a man walking down the hall. He wore a black outfit that had red trim. But what was most shocking was that he had a large ebony coloured wing that was almost as tall as he was. He walked over to Sora's cell, his hood hiding his face.

"Who are you?" Sora demanded, taking a step back.

The man didn't reply but glanced at Eragon who was also a little freaked out by the man's appearance. "Forgot already, Sora?" the man asked turning to face Sora.

The keyblade master's eyes widenned in shock. "N-no way..." The man threw off his hood to reveal...Riku?

It was Riku. His eyes fell to the ground, unable to look Sora in the eye. "Yeah. A lot's happenned in the past five days," he said, quietly and glanced down the hallway, checking to make sure no one else was listening.

Sora was still frozen in shock. "W-what happenned to you?" he asked but then decided to change the question. "I mean, what has Galbatorix been making do?"

Riku chuckled. Same old Sora. "Well, I found out about my father."

That's when Sora remembered where he had seen it. "Sephiroth."

Riku nodded. "Yeah. When we got seperated, Galbatorix asked me to join him. I refused of course but he wouldn't give up that easily. He said he would tell me about my past if I joined him. Still, I said. And then, he said that he was going to show me anyway. That's when he..." his voice trailed off.

"Gave you a wing?" Sora suggested in a comforting voice.

"Well, he tells me that he was just opening a locked part of my mind but I don't believe him at all. After what I've been hearing the past few days, it seems Sephiroth himself visited this world, only a hundred years ago." Riku said and Sora's eyes widdenned even more. "Yeah. Apparantly, he helped Galbatorix gain power but that doesn't seem right. I mean, he isn't that old. Maybe time flows differently in different worlds," he added in a whisper so no one apart from Sora could hear him. "Anyway, he told Galbatorix that one day someone would come with a heart like his as in a relative. So somehow, Sephiroth knew I was going to come to this world. What bothers me, is how."

Sora nodded. "That is wierd. Anyway, we can talk about it later. Bust us outta here," he said stepping back.

Riku's gaze fell to the ground again. "I can't, Sora."

"Why not?" Simple question.

"Because, I've been bound by magic," came Riku's confusing reply.

Eragon spoke up at this time. "The Ancient Language?" Riku nodded. "I thought as much. Unless we kill Galbatorix or Riku's released from his oaths can he break them. If he does break them without either of those two things happenning, he'll die."

Sora gulped. "Well...okay then. We'll try to think of something else then."

"I'm sorry, Sora. I can't stay here," Riku said, turning around.

"How come?" Sora sked. The last thing he expected was Riku to leave when they needed him.

Riku gave a glance over his shoulder. "I was only permitted to stay here for a bit. I have to get back." He turned to Eragon. "By the way, I've seen Saphira." Eragon was about to ask but Riku answered for him. "She's perfectly fine. She has it alot better than you guys do. Aloud anything she wants from the kitchens. Galbatorix thinks that by keeping her happy, she'll mate with the last dragon." He finished and gave one last look at Sora before walking away.
Sign up to rate and review this story