Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Puzzles

Puzzles

by Dalie 0 reviews

Vincent may have a job as a turk, but being friends with scientists can becomea regret when you are asked to babysit their child every spare minute of your day.

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Hojo,Lucrecia,Sephiroth,Vincent Valentine - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-08-14 - Updated: 2007-08-14 - 1028 words

0Unrated
No real pairings in this, unless you could Hojo and Lucrecia, who I think are wonderful together. This is the prologue, and it has my version of childbirth.
A bit of background? Well, it could be considered slightly AU. It takes place when Vincent was a turk. When he was about 21. The idea is that Sephiroth was born, Vincent was 20, and so Sephy is a toddler here. I decided Hojo and Lucrecia are married and probably a few years older than Vincent. They are both Vincent’s good friends, rather than a man he hates and a love interest. It’s not an idea I love.
I did try to keep them in character, but bare in mind I have never played Dirge of Cerberus and this is set before ff7, so attitudes of certain characters may be different.
Umm … yeah, if there is anything else you don’t get, just ask and I’ll try to explain it.
Final Fantasy does not belong to me. No amount of wishing and daydreaming will ever change that. :-(

XXX

Puzzles.

Prologue.


Vincent sighed. He had been sat in the hospital with Hojo for the whole morning; it was now nearly 1 in the afternoon. The man couldn’t seem to sit still. He was pacing around all over the place. Though it was somewhat understandable. His wife had gone into labour at about 5 hours ago and their child still hadn’t been born.

Vincent was bored. Vincent was really bored.


It was ridiculous. He didn’t really need to be there, but Hojo wasn’t letting him go. The man had clung to his arm when he had gone to get some tea from a vending machine.
Vincent sighed again and absently wondered if he could get away long enough to go find a book, or a newspaper.

XXX


Hojo took deep breaths. He was feeling rather nervous now. A child! Something that he helped to create, without the aid of a lab, without science or reports or anything like that.

But there were so many problems with childbirth; it made him wonder why there weren’t more investigations into it. People figuring out how to make things occur perfectly. It couldn’t be that hard. And the growth of a child; that would be most interesting to observe. He began to wonder if there was any way to accelerate the growth, to help people reach their maximum potentials before they reached an age when they were to old, tired, busy etc to do anything with them.
He wondered if they would need certain injections, to increase different levels of hormones and such in their bodies, or whether it could just be a mental thing, and the toys children played with while growing up and the stories they heard greatly affected how they were in later life.

The joys of having a child of his own. He could observe what makes a difference, and compare it to how other children grow. He would make his child better than every one else.
But then the man had a moment of nervous tension. His child could be born now. Would it be a little girl? Or a boy? His wife had refused to tell him what gender their child would be. Now, he could feel curiosity burning a hole in his mind, stopping him from thinking about things that usually occupied his attention for hours. He took a few more deep breaths and looked towards the double doors that gave no indication as to what was happening behind them.

XXX


She screamed. It hurt, a lot. The nurse beside was whispering gently, but it made no difference, Lucrecia could barely hear her.

“When you feel it pushing, that’s when you push. Don’t worry, it’s quite a simple process, even if it hurts.”


A tear trickled slowly down the side of her face. She glanced to her right, where she could see people moving blurrily. Her eyes were filled with tears, and her glasses were on one of the sides. She couldn’t see very well.

She gasped as she began to push again. She flexed her fingers and whimpered, determined not to scream again.

A few moments later, she lay there, gasping softly but smiling. She had done it. A nurse helped wipe her eyes and handed her glasses over. Another nurse walked over, a small bundle in her arms.
She lowered it into Lucrecia’s arms and smiled.
“ A boy,” she whispered, “ a boy, who seems to be in good health. Congratulations.”
The new mother smiled, and leaned against the pillows behind her. This was truly a wonderful moment.

Something had occurred in this hospital, something which had been occurring for thousands of generations and was still the same. She believed that if something didn’t change after such a length of time, there couldn’t be anything too wrong with it. She may have disagreed earlier on that day, but now it was finished and in her arms laid a tiny child, she had changed her mind. The mere idea that something so small and fragile was entrusted to her care filled her with warmth.

She looked up and asked the nurse if she could she 2 people, Timothy; her husband, and Vincent; a good friend.
As one of the women walked out the room, Lucrecia looked back down at the small child and wished he would open his eyes. She wanted to know if he would have blue eyes, like she did, or brown eyes, like his father.


XXX


There you go. But listen, can you here the soft call of the review button? Answer it and tell me what you think.

Feel free to tell me if there is something drastically wrong, but please don’t flame just because you don’t like the idea. That makes me sad.

If there are any spelling mistakes/grammar mistakes, I’m sorry, I don’t have a beta and I’m currently quite busy. (If you want to check it through, I’ll happily agree).

Hope you enjoyed it, if I get reviews; I’ll try update soon.
Sign up to rate and review this story