Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Puzzles

Holidays

by Dalie 0 reviews

Vincent went on holiday, and baby Sephy went with him!

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Sephiroth,Vincent Valentine - Published: 2007-08-14 - Updated: 2007-08-14 - 703 words

0Unrated
Oki, I decided to start another chapter before I do my housework. This is less than a year on, Sephy is about 10 months and it’s the middle of summer. I know it's not as long as the other chapter thing, but there is only one P.O.V. in this bit.

Still don’t own Final Fantasy. I’ll be sure to inform you if that changes!

XXX

Chapter 1- Holidays.

Vincent put his book on his knee and stretched. It was a very warm day, and he was in a park in of Mideel. He was on holiday, on of the very few proper holidays he got as a turk. Beside him, Sephiroth slept. The child looked like a baby angel, short tufts of silvery white hair upon his head, his thumb pressed against his lips (as Vincent had just removed it from his mouth), pale skin protected by the shade of a tree. But best of all, Sephiroth was silent. The child couldn’t talk very well. He was still acquiring a language, but that didn’t stop him trying. He could understand language and he was starting to do well with putting sentences together. Vincent was quite confused though.

The little boy was advanced for his age. He could count to 37 and was starting to recognise letters on a page. Other children his age were saying things like ‘bah-bah’, which could mean ‘want bottle ‘or’ bye bye or something, like that. It was very strange.

He was best at putting things together though. Jigsaws he was very good at! (Child ones though, he couldn’t do ones with more than 100 pieces.) The boy loved them, his emerald eyes would shine with joy when Vincent pulled one out and he would squeal happily.

The young man smiled as he lay against the tree. The boy had very much become a part of his life. He even had a room in his apartment. Lu and Hojo always seemed to be busy with one experiment or another and Vincent had agreed to look after their son. As loving as parents could be, when they got absorbed in something, it would take up their every thought. This was not fair on the child, who clearly loved having company.

When Vincent had bought him a teddy, anyone who knocked one the door got a hyperactive child who wanted everyone to meet his cuddly toy, crawling over to them and hitting their leg. He could walk, he had started at about 8 months, which was just a bit early, but the child was happier crawling.

Vincent then frowned. He was pretty sure Hojo was giving Sephiroth some kind of injections, but when he had asked Lucrecia, she had glared at him and hissed Hojo was looking out for their child. The child was very advanced in his mind but on the outside he was still a baby, a baby who had just woken up.

The little boy laughed and held his arms up. Vincent placed the boy onto his lap and grabbed his bag. It was time to get something to eat. Sephy had started on solids not too long ago; so making sure things were the right size so he wouldn’t choke on them was a concern for Vincent.

As Vincent began eating his own meal, he got a baby cup chucked at the side of his head. He sighed. Generally, this meant the boy wanted to play peek-a-boo. He shifted and desperately hoped none of his work colleagues had come here for a holiday as well.

Peek-a-boo was not an intimidating game. Turks were meant to be intimidating. The two just didn’t mix, and the games Sephy liked to play were slightly embarrassing, especially this one. At least the joys of teething had settled down.

Giving his sandwich one last longing glance, Vincent began to play with Sephiroth Hojo.

XXX

There you go! Another chapter done, and so soon! :-O

Well, I rather enjoyed writing that chapter. It is hard to keep Vincent in character, everyone acts differently around babies, but I tried. Any tips on how to do it? I’ll listen.

And any mistakes, please tell me!
Thanks a lot.
Sign up to rate and review this story