Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Puzzles

Birthdays

by Dalie 0 reviews

Sephy is finally 1 year old ♥

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Hojo,Lucrecia,Sephiroth,Vincent Valentine - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-08-16 - Updated: 2007-08-16 - 819 words

0Unrated
I STILL don’t own Final Fantasy, so you have nothing to worry about.

Chapter 2 – Birthdays.

Vincent smiled as he watched little Sephiroth explore his living room. The boy loved looking places, determined so see everything without being carried. Not that Vincent was worried; he couldn’t go very quickly and preferred to be holding someone’s hand while he walked.

It was Sephy’s birthday today. He was a whole one, not that the boy had even a vague understanding of it. Vincent considered it a shame, as his mother had gone to ridiculous lengths to see that Sephiroth birthday was celebrated that day. She had even screamed enough to get President Shin-Ra to postpone a conference by a day or two, so Hojo could be there.

Vincent grinned; she had done the same for him as well. He was meant to be going away on a mission next month, but she had changed that because it would interfere with his 21st birthday, and Lu liked everything to be just right, which meant that things couldn’t be celebrated after the occasion.

Not that he was complaining. He wasn’t all that fond of Junon anyway. All it meant was he would have to go do body guarding next time Shin-Ra went away. He smirked, that was easy and a few of his turk colleagues didn’t like him that much because he was basically second in command (after the turk leader), and he wasn’t all that old.

“ As long as you don’t hurt yourself, or throw another tantrum, everything will be great! Won’t it Sephy?” he called out to the wandering toddler.

Sephiroth looked up, laughed and held out his arms.

XXX

“ Have I forgotten anything? Umm … not that I can think of. Let’s see, drinks? Check! Food? Check! A present? Check! Hmm … I’m sure I’ve forgotten something.”

Timothy Hojo raised his eyes to look at his wife, who was pacing around the room with a notebook in her hand and was mumbling under her breath.

“Don’t worry,” he called out. “ We can always jog over to the shops if we think of something later!”

Lucrecia stopped and looked at him in horror. Before she shook her head and went back to walking around the room.

Hojo sighed. Sephiroth really wouldn’t care whether or not they forgot something, so he failed to see why she was getting so worked up over this. Although, it was an amazing thing. With out too much effort, Sephiroth had grown so much over the past year, and he was far better than other children his age. He had watched his son in the nursery at Shin-Ra HQ, when everyone was too busy to have him with them. The boy rushed through puzzles such as placing certain shapes in appropriate holes and he clearly loved them. He would laugh and clap when he finished them.

Hojo found himself grinning just thinking of it. He knew children were amazing things, but he didn’t expect to find himself so won over by them. He definitely didn’t expect to find them as cute and adorable as he did.

Hojo sighed and leant back. This party would be much better if Lu would allow at least some beer! The woman just didn’t have heart, clearly. But he had seen the cake. He couldn’t wait!

XXX

Lucrecia frowned. It looked like everything was ready. They even had a few guests here. She had invited all the people who were meant to be at the conference today. Professor Gast had been the first to agree. He loved children and he had arrived an hour ago. Much earlier than the others, but he had wanted to help her set everything up. Vincent was looking after her little birthday boy, like he usually did.

She looked over at her husband, who was lazing around in a chair, staring at the ceiling.

“ I’m glad we have Vincent, it would be awful if our dear little Sephy had to send most of his time in a nursery, wouldn’t it?”

“Huh?” Hojo glanced over at her, “hope you don’t make this much fuss at his birthday as well, you know he hates it!”

“ I was thinking though, maybe at Vincent’s birthday, we shouldn’t have any alcohol either. You are going away to northern continent the next day, and I don’t want you on a coach trying to work when you have a hangover!”

Hojo looked at her blankly.

“ As much as I love you, it’s very worrying when I can’t tell if you are being serious or not!”

XXX

And that is that. My next chapter is over. Hope you enjoyed it! ♥

Review and tell me what you thought. I find it easier if I know what you like and what you hate!
Sign up to rate and review this story