Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'm Not OK

Skylines and Turnstyles

by mcrluver4life113 3 reviews

I've updated again:) Hope you like it. Sorry it took so long, Ficwad's been annoying lately.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-08-18 - Updated: 2007-08-18 - 1457 words - Complete

0Unrated
Skylines and Turnstyles
I walked closer to her, smiling. I went to say something and stopped. What do you say to the person that abandoned you when you were born. To the person who doesn’t even know what you look like.
“H-hi,” I stuttered. I decided on the direct approach.
“Micheala? You weren’t wearing those clothes earlier, where you? I don’t know. I must sound crazy. I’m just so nervous. Your father is coming here to meet us soon and I’m just so worried that I’ll say something wrong.” She said, turning around. She seemed vaguely farmiliar, like a dream I once had.
“Um, Mom?” I tried, “I’m not Micheala. I-I’m, uh, M- Mindie. I-I mean Kristiana, that’s what dad said I was named.”
“Your what?” she said, turning around, “You’re my Kristiana? The one I’ve been looking for all these years?” I nodded. “Oh my god!” She ran up and hugged me hugely.
“Hi,’ I said, into her shirt. She held me at arms length.
“You must think I’m horrible for abandoning you. I have to tell you the whole story. Oh my gosh, I’ve been waiting for this day for thirteen years! How are you, what’s your life like? I’m sorry, I’m getting ahaead of myself. I’m a reporter, so that’s kind of my job, to get into people’s faces like that.” She was rambling on, but I didn’t mind. I wanted to learn more about her. “Do you have any questions for ME?”
“Well, the first is why did you leave me? I mean, I can imagine Gerard would leave me, men do that when they get sixteen year old girls pregnant, I’ve seen movies, but I figured you would stay with me. Oh, and what’s the deal with the twin?” I said, thinking I was being to forward.
“Ha, well, I left you to Gerard,” she almost spat the name, “so you’d have a parent while Michaela, your twin, had me. I stayed with you for the first year, but me and Gerard started fighting when he started drinking and…we separated. I left you to Gerard and took Michaela. Believe me, I would have taken you too, but the judge wanted Gerard to have one child, even though he didn’t want you. I mean, he wanted you, but he didn’t want a child. You know what I mean, right?” she said, walking towards a bench, beckoning for me to come over. I sat down.
“Yeah, I get it. Gerard, Dad, left me with Marge because he couldn’t care for me, right?” I offered.
“Exactly. Smart kid,” she remarked, “I knew I would have at least one smart kid, even if Michaela inherited your father’s endless stupidity.”
Gerard
I drove into the entrance of the Carnival. It was just like Amilia to plan a meeting here. I parked close enough to the entrance so I wouldn’t need hiking gear to find my car later.
I slammed the door shut in frustration. She made me fly up from New Jersey to meet me at the farthest place from where she used to live, and expected me to “talk” about what happened. I wasn’t going to talk, I was going to yell.
I walked around the Carnival for awhile, trying to find that familiar face. I spotted strawberry blonde, and headed that way. Of course, it was her on my first try.
“Amilia.” I yelled, with a monotone. I tried to see who she was talking to. It looked a little like… it couldn’t be…no, she’s not that stupid.
“Hi, daddy!” said Kristiana, MY Kristiana, the Kristiana that was MINE by law. Then Amilia looked over.
Fifteen years of memories took over. Memories of long walks after dark. Memories of why I loved her in the first place. One look at that beautiful face, and all the thoughts of my anger flew away, and all I wanted was to kiss her, regardless of if my daughter was standing right there.
“Hi, Gerard,” she said. Her voice sounded the same, high pitched, but in a good way.
“Hi Amilia,” I finally got out. She smiled. That smile…
“Don’t get all lover boy on me again, Gerard. I read the tabloids. That ring on your finger was there just last week, and nobody gets over a relationship THAT fast. I know from experience…” her voice trailed off. She was right. Eliza was my future wife until she heard about Amilia.
“Sorry, you just look exactly the same as when we where kids.” I said, as she stood up.
“What’s that Gerard? Innocent? Or is it Easy? Is that what I am? A walking one night stand?” she said, putting her hands on her hips.
“Please, do you have to talk like that in front of her?” I said, motioning to Kris.
“What?!” she yelled, almost shrieking, “Don’t fucking pretend you care!”
I winced. She was making a scene, and she was good at it. Kristiana, who I was getting used to calling Kris, was looking between the two of us, like a tennis match.
“I’m gonna go wait over there,” she sort of mumbled, and walked away.
“You can’t just leave for ten years and come back and play father!” Amilia shrieked again.
“I do care, you know tha-“
“You don’t fucking care,” she said, sarcastically, but still loud. “I’ve had to take care of-“
“Of what? Of Michaela? Don’t tell me you actually thought you took CARE of Kristiana! You’ve been as bad as I’ve been, maybe worse!”
“Oh, don’t even say that! That judge said you get Kris and I get Michaela. It didn’t matter if I knew whether or not she was safe. I couldn’t come get her!” she yelled, waving her arms a bit. “You just ran off as soon as you got custody! You run off with that, whatever you call it, not a band, and leave Kris with someone you’ve never met!”
“You’ve got no idea, honey. I had to give up so much for that band. Yeah, I called it a band. Giving her up was the worst choice of my life.” I said, yelling as loud as her now.
“Like what?! What did you have to give up? ME?! You gave me up long before you ever met those other guys, Gerard. Don’t pretend you care.” She said, quieting down a little bit.
“I gave up, let’s see, college, my future, my daughters, my sanity, and my health. What have you given up since the last time we met?” I said, talking instead of yelling. Talking seemed to get through to her better, because she expected yelling.
“I gave up my parents, one of my daughters, six jobs, and my husband. Enough to join your little pity club?” she said, also resorted to talking. “We both gave up a lot, and for no good reasons.”
“Your right,” I said, blankly.
“And there’s- wait, what did you say?” she said, seeming surprised.
“Your right, Amilia. There’s absolutely no reason for all that we’ve given up. We just fight.” I said, not looking her in the eye any more.
“Well, at least someone agrees with me.” She said, sitting down on the bench.
“What’d you mean?” I sat down next to her.
“Well, Jamie, my sister-“
“I know Jamie, we’ve been in touch.” I said, truthfully.
“Yeah, via IM,” she said, sarcastically,” But that’s beside the point. I tried to tell her everything would come back together. When I moved to California, I wanted to start over. I wanted to just forget everything and move on. But every morning I wake up and see her face,” she was referring to Michaela, “and I saw you in her every time. I’d look at her, and everything would come back in one huge rush.” I saw tears falling into her lap. I wrapped my arm around her, and for some odd reason, she didn’t swat it away. “And when I heard about you finding her, I just exploded. I kept thinking that maybe…maybe things would go back to normal,” she said, looking up at me with tear filled eyes. She looked even more beautiful then I had thought. Those blue eyes, her strawberry blonde hair, I couldn’t stop myself. I felt myself moving closer to her, as she moved closer to me. Our lips met, just as I heard a scream from behind me.
Sign up to rate and review this story