Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > No Matter What They Say, Don't Believe A Word

Chapter 15-I Hate Clichés Too Much To Call This Chapter ‘The End’

by xxACoalminexx 3 reviews

Kristina deals...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2007-08-19 - Updated: 2007-08-20 - 763 words - Complete

0Hot
I screamed loudly when I saw my mother standing near the doorway. I had no clue what to do except try to hide. The best spot I could find was behind Pete. He wasn't much of a human shield since he was kind of short and skinny.

"What are you doing here young lady? You should be in your room!" my mom glared angrily and pulled me up from behind Pete.

My dad burst into the room, "I'm SO sorry Kris! I tried my best, I promise! But your mom's really smart! Martha, don't be upset with her, I might have encouraged this." He looked at my mom, panting for breath.

"Of course! Of course you had to do with this! You're the person who got her interested in that gruesome sport too!" she glared at my dad too.

We both meekly stared back as she continued her shouting, "Both of you come with me RIGHT NOW! AND YOU TOO" she pointed at Pete.

He gasped, "What did I do?!"

"I DON'T KNOW! I'M JUST MAD! COME WITH ME!" I would've laughed at that but I was way too scared of what would happen if I did.

Alicia waved timidly as the four of us left the room.

Mom marched us back to my house and forced us to sit down in the itchy living room sofa so we could "talk about this calmly". But I think she's the one who needs to calm down...

"I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU WOULD LIE TO ME! TWICE! AND PROBABLY MORE TIMES IF I HADN'T CAUGHT YOU! AND THOMAS, HOW COULD YOU LIE TO ME TOO?! WHY ARE YOU ALL AGAINST ME? IT'S A CONSPIRACY!" she sat down and rested her head in her hands exasperatedly.

My dad tried to give her a hug but instead got slapped. That made his submission come to an end.

"MARTHA! I lied because you told our daughter that she couldn't succeed in something that she really wants to do. Who are you to say that? Just because your parents didn't let you pursue your dreams doesn't mean you can't let Kristina. In fact, it means the exact opposite! You should let her do something that you wish you'd done but never got the courage to. I understand that she shouldn't have snuck out like that, she should have come and talked to us. But that's in the past now. Let's not make the same mistake twice and just come up with a compromise."

Then the truth came out. My mother had wanted to be an actress but her parents didn’t let her do it. And she, being the angelic kid she is, didn't do anything about it. So now, she was stuck doing some boring job in a gray office. She thought what her parents did was for her best so she tried to carry out the same thing to me. But I'm "not as innocent as I look".

The three of us tried to figure out a way for me to get a job and have enough time to play soccer afterwards. None of us could think of anything. Then Pete, who had been silent for the past fifteen minutes, spoke up.

"I hear that the community's trying to make a soccer team or something. And they're looking for coaches. Maybe Kristina and I could do it," he suggested.

"OH MY GOD! THAT'S GENIUS!" I yelled and hugged him.

My parents nodded in approval.

-----------------------------------

Everything worked out in the end. But if I stopped my story when Pete and I got the job and started teaching kids how to play soccer, it would be a total cliché. And I hate clichés. So I'll stop at this; if you really want to do something, set your mind to it and you will succeed no matter what everyone else says. That's even more of a cliché, isn't it?

Pete and I sat down in the bench, waiting for the day's batch of talentless children to arrive and be blown away by our amazing soccer skills.

"Kris, can I tell you something?" he asked, his brown eyes looking deeply into mine.

"Yes,"

"I love you,"

I was pleasantly surprised, "I love you too."

He held my face in his hands and pulled me into a kiss.

When we finally broke apart, we saw a familiar figure running towards the two of us yelling, "PETE MYSTER! WHAT’S CHILLIN’?!"

The two of us screamed at the sight of Max in full soccer gear.

"RUN!" Pete shouted.

And we did. Fast.
Sign up to rate and review this story