Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Best Friends, Ex Friends Til The End Better Off As Lovers

Chapter 8: And Baby Makes Four

by patricksgirl84 3 reviews

The baby is born and more problems arise

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-08-25 - Updated: 2007-08-25 - 1415 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 8: And Baby Makes Four

~Two Months Later~

There was a knock on the door. Destiny waddled to the door. "Mom! You're early." "I didn't want my daughter to deliver all alone. My you have gotten big. You sure you aren't having twins." "Thanks mom. Come in. Let me show you around." Destiny showed her mom the home and they sat on the couch. "Um, how's Patrick?" "He's good. He comes over from time to time. He has a girlfriend." "I know." Destiny looked down at her stomach. "Do you still think you did the right thing?" "No, but it had to be done. Do you want something to eat?" "Sure. Let me help you." Destiny and her mom got up. "Oh no." "What is it Destiny?" "My water just broke." "Sit here. I'm going to call the doctor." Destiny sat on the couch rubbing her belly. "Baby, are you ready to make your entrance. Both your daddies aren't here. I hope you understand why I couldn't tell your daddy." "The nurse says to come in. Where is your suitcase?" "In my room. It's next to the bathroom."

Destiny's mom drove them to the hospital. She got into a room and into a gown. She got in the bed and they put a monitor on her stomach. "Hello, I'm Debbie. I'll be your nurse. Everything looks good. For your first pregnancy everything is going fast for you." "Alright." "Try and get some sleep." "Thank you." "Destiny, I'm going to call Josh's parents." "Mom, could you call Patrick and just tell him I'm having the baby." "Sure honey." Destiny slept for a little bit and the contractions became stronger. She wanted Patrick by her side.

By early morning Destiny was ready to push. "Come on honey. Push the baby out." "Mom, I can't." "Yes you can and you will. Do it for Josh. When he comes home he wants to see this beautiful baby. Push." Destiny gave one final push and she heard a baby cry. "What a beautiful baby boy." The doctor said. "And what lungs. I think you have a singer on your hands." "Just like his daddy." Destiny had tears in her eyes. They cleaned up the baby and handed him to Destiny. "Hey you. Were you the one kicking me all the time." "Destiny, how are you going to pass him off as Josh's. He looks like Patrick. Only thing missing is side burns. He has the hat on already." "I don't know. We'll just have to. Do you want to hold him?" "Of course." Destiny handed the baby to her mom. "Did you and Josh have a name picked out?" "Yes. His name is Andrew Martin." "I love it. Hello Andrew."

Debbie came in. "Do you want to nurse the baby?" "Yes, I do." Destiny took Andrew and and started to nurse him. Debbie helped her a little bit. Around 9 the nurse took Andrew so Destiny could sleep. A few hours later they brought the baby back to her. "Hey buddy. How are you?" The phone rang. "Hello?" "Hi Destiny." "Patrick. How are you?" "I should be asking you that, mommy." "I'm doing good." "How is the baby? Your mom never said what you had. She was too excited." "He is good. His name is Andrew Martin. You know who the Martin is for?" "For me? You didn't have to." "I know, but Josh and I talked it over." "Thank you. Have you talked to Josh?" "No, he doesn't know yet. I had my mom email him. I hope he gets it soon." "I have to go, but I wanted to talk to you and see how you were doing." Andrew started crying. "Is that him?" "No Patrick. It's me." "Funny you ain't. He's got a good set of lungs on him." "That's what the doctor said. I better go. I'll talk to you later." "Alright. Bye."

Destiny fed Andrew. She then put him in the bassinet. The phone rang again. "Hello Destiny." "Oh my god. Josh, how are you?" "Alright, but miss you. I got your moms email. How is he?" "He's doing good. Missing his daddy already." "I'm sorry, hun. I won't be able to come home until June sometime." "I understand, Josh. We'll be fine. My mom is staying for a week and your parents will be down and then Patrick and Pete are coming with Tina and Becca." "Okay. I have to go. Someone else is waiting for the phone. You take care of yourself and little Andy. Give him a kiss from daddy." "I will. Take care of yourself too." "Bye."

~One week later~

"Mom, I'm going to pick up Josh's mom and dad. Will you be alright with Andrew?" "Of course, but are you sure you don't want me to get them?" "Yeah, I need to get out." "Alright. Drive careful." Destiny got in the car and drove to the airport. She turned on the radio. "Next is a song by a new group. Their name is Fall Out Boy. There will be great things from this band. Here is their song 'Grand Theft Autumn/Where Is Your Boy.'" "Oh my god." Destiny said. She heard Patrick's voice coming through her car speakers. Tears fell from her eyes onto her cheeks. He made it. She thought.

She got to the airport and wiped her eyes and went to the gate to get Josh's parents. "Hi, how are you two?" "We are good. The plane was alright. How are you?" Susan, Josh's mom asked. "I'm good. It's my first time out of the house since Andrew was born. Well, let's go." Destiny drove to the home and showed Susan and Ted where they would be staying. Destiny moved her stuff into Josh's room and her mom was leaving later in the day. "How is Andrew?" "He is doing good. He's hungry though." Destiny fed him. Afterward, they all had some lunch. "Destiny, I'm going to have to leave now. You take care of yourself and the little man." "I will. You have a safe trip back." "Thanks. I'll be back down in August." She hugged Destiny and gave a kiss to Andrew.

Destiny went to sit in the living room. "Can I hold him Destiny?" "Oh sure." Destiny handed Andrew over to Susan. "He sure is precious isn't he?" "Yes he is." "He doesn't look like a thing like Josh though. He sure doesn't have his coloring." "Yeah, he must get that from me. I'm kinda pale." "I guess so." "Um, I was wondering if you could watch Andrew so I could lay down for a little bit." "Sure. If we need anything we'll get you."
Destiny went to her room and laid down. She fell asleep right away.

She woke up and looked at the clock. She slept for three hours. "Why didn't they wake me? They know Andrew needs to eat." She got up and walked to the living room, but stopped. She heard Ted and Susan talking. She stood in the doorway so they wouldn't see her. "Ted, I'm telling you this isn't Josh's baby. He doesn't even look like him." "Josh didn't look like me when he was born. What makes you think they would lie to us?" "I don't think Josh would, but Destiny might." "Come on. You are jumping to conclusions." "She was dating a boy and all of a sudden she is pregnant with Josh's baby. It doesn't make sense. Remember that boy? He came to the house when Destiny and Josh were working on a school project in Junior High. What was his name...Paul, Phil. No, it was Patrick. This is his baby." "Susan, now stop. You aren't thinking straight with Josh gone. You want Andrew to look exactly like him because you miss him. Stop."

"Hi. How is Andrew?" "Oh, he is doing good. He's probably hungry now." "Okay. I'm going to take him in the nursery." Destiny took Andrew and went to the nursery and got in the rocking chair. She put him to her breast. "Boy you were hungry. I'm sorry little man. You shouldn't be in the middle of this. I just hope they don't find out. Your daddy needs to come home. I miss him. I didn't think I would, but I do. Maybe we can be a real family." Destiny thought of what she would say when Josh came home. She would love him for his sake and for Andrew's.
Sign up to rate and review this story