Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sensual in Such Non-Conventional Ways

Everything's Just Wonderful

by diehard 0 reviews

Things start to look up. Way up.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-08-27 - Updated: 2007-08-28 - 1228 words

0Unrated


I scrambled to my feet trying to look calm, cool and collected. I had the feeling that I just looked embarrassed.

"What I meant to say was 'hi'. So hi."

"Are you sure? It sounded like you meant to say 'holy fuck you're Pete Wentz.'"

"No..." I trailed off.

He grinned and I felt even more nervous, if that were possible. "Well, I am Pete Wentz. I think we've established that, but who are you?"

"Alex Peara." I was relieved that I had managed to remember my name. I wouldn't have been surprised if I hadn't.

"So, Alex, how'd you like the show?"

"It was great." I replied sincerely.

And that was that. I was talking to Pete Wentz. Eventually, we got around to the subject of what I do for a living. "Well, I work part time at a bookstore but when I say part time, I mean really part time. I just have the job for a little extra income. Usually, I perform."

"Perform what?" He said, looking a little confused.

"I sing and play guitar. Funny thing is, I've been here for 3 years and I'm still getting nowhere."

He somehow managed to look sympathetic and humorous at the same time. "Yeah. It can be pretty tough out here."

"But look at you."

He shrugged. "It's not like I didn't work."

I thought for a minute. "Point taken."

There was a moment of silence before he said, "Can I come watch you play sometime?"

"You could if I knew where I was going to play next. I just spent the whole day looking for a new gig and was completely unsuccessful."

"Why don't you play here?"

"You're playing here." Duh.

"You can open for us."

Wait a second. Did Pete Wentz just say I could open for Fall Out Boy? I must have looked like I didn't believe him because he said,"Seriously. It'd be nice for us to have some kind of opening act."

This is a dream. But since it's a dream, might as well go all out. "Sure." I said

Pete got up and flagged down the manager of the club. They spoke for a little while and I saw the manager shrug and nod.

Pete came back to the table. "Fine with him. You start tomorrow."

"You certainly waste no time."

He just gave me a wide smile.

"I need to go home." I said, realizing how tired I was.

He nodded and gave a little wave. "Bye Alex Peara."

/Okay, what's with the full name? /I just shook my head. "Bye Peter Wentz."





I spent a half hour the next morning convincing myself that the previous night had really happened. Finally, I remembered that Pete had given me his number to call if I had any questions. I checked my phone and there it was. 'Pete'. No other word has ever made me so happy.

I finally remembered that I had work at the bookstore today so I got dressed and headed out.

My shift passed uneventfully, as usual. I had decided to get this job because books were my passion, next to music but it honestly wasn't that fun. I stared at the clock, waiting for it to be 5:00 so I could go home and get ready for the show. It FINALLY came time for me to leave and I took off the little I.D. I had to wear around my neck and headed home.

I got to the club and hour and a half later and immediately was scooped up by Pete. "You're here!" He said excitedly.

"Yes. I am. Now put me down."

He grinned apologetically and set me down. "Come meet the rest of the band."

He introduced me to Patrick, Joe and Andy. "Guys, this is Alex, the girl I told you about."

They all said hello to me and I felt a lot more comfortable."What kind of stuff do you play? Do you have a band or anything?" Patrick asked me interestedly.

"Uh, no." I said. "Haven't been able to find anyone yet."

He nodded understandingly. "Well, maybe we can introduce you to some people tonight."

This was really happening... I just might get my big break.

Before I knew it, it was time to head onstage. I walked out and got that familiar buzz, but it faltered somewhat when I realized there was WAY more people here than I usually played to. I quickly got over it though; Iwas never one for stage fright. I smiled out at the crowd and started to play.

Bittersweet smiles on the mouths of all the pretty girls/With their makeup thick and their hair in curls.../

This was one of my favorite songs to play. It was inspired by my childhood, when I was surrounded by all things fake.

All too soon, my set was over and I stood up. "Thanks everyone. I'm Alex Peara and here's the band you've been waiting for, Fall Out Boy!"

The crowed erupted into cheers and I walked off the stage smiling. The guys gave me quick high-fives as they ran onstage. Pete whispered a hurried"good job" and flashed a smile at me. I waited until I was safely at a table and THEN melted into a puddle.



After the guys were done, they came over to my table. "Great job. You guys are amazing." I told them.

They smiled their thank you's and Patrick took me by the arm. "There's some people I'd like you to meet. They're looking for a band and you're looking for a band so I might as well introduce you."

I tried to keep the excitement out of my voice when I said"okay."

He led me over to a table with 3 guys. "Alex, this is Adam,"He said pointing to a skinny guy with emo hair. "Kevin," a heavily pierced and tattooed guy, "and Dylan." Dylan had dark curly hair and a shy smile. "Guys, this is Alex." Patrick continued. "She sings and plays guitar. Well, that's kind of obvious."

Patrick and I sat down at the table and started talking to them. Turns out, Adam was a drummer, Kevin played bass and Dylan played guitar. They were all really funny and friendly people. How perfect is this?

After a while, I got down to business. "I know that I have an acoustic sound right now, but I need a band to be able to play the kind of stuff Fall Out Boy does. That's really the sound I've been wanting ever since Istarted out."

They all nodded. "Yeah we can do that kind of stuff."

I smiled around the table at all of them. "So, would you like to be in a band with me?"

They all nodded. I was ecstatic. "How bout you come over to my place tomorrow and we can start changing the songs into something more... uh... FOB-like, for lack of a better word." I said shooting a smile at Patrick. He returned it as Adam, Kevin and Dylan agreed.

I excused myself, saying I needed to go home and get some sleep. I went to say goodbye to Andy, Joe and Pete. I gave them quick hugs and told them the good news. "I'll definitely be coming to see you." Pete said.

I went home feeling happier than I had in a long time.

Sign up to rate and review this story