Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sensual in Such Non-Conventional Ways

I Just Want You Closer-Is That Alright?

by diehard 0 reviews

Cute-ness

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-08-27 - Updated: 2007-08-28 - 1198 words

0Unrated


The next morning, Adam, Dylan and Kevin arrived at 11:00. Ihad gotten up early to clean my apartment and although, it was still undoubtedly small, it looked decent. I let them in and we got right to work.

Working with them was amazing. By the end of the day, we had gotten a huge amount of work done and the guys were my new best friends. Pete called shortly after they had gone.

"So how was it?"

"Great. I think this is really gonna work out."

"Cool. So when will you be playing?"

I laughed. "No idea. A while from now. It's our first day, Pete."

I could almost hear him grin. "Alright, alright. I'm impatient."

"I noticed."

"Hey Alex?" he said.

"Yeah?"

"Will you meet me at that park near the club we played at? I have really big news."

"Uh... okay." I said, wondering what news he could possibly have that he had to tell me in person.

About 15 minutes later, I was seated on one of the swings at the park, lightly kicking the dirt under my feet. I heard footsteps and Pete appeared. "Hey." He grinned and his smile stood out in the dark.

"Hey." I replied. He sat down in the swing next to me and turned so that he was facing me. "Fall Out Boy got signed to Island." He said it so casually that I could barely hear the excitement in his voice. But it was definitely there.

"Really? That's great! You guys really deserve it."

"Yeah. You know the new album that we're almost done with?It's gonna be released on a major label."

I could tell how proud he was of his band. I smiled. "I'm really happy for you Pete but why couldn't you just tell me that over the phone?"

He clasped his hands together. "Well, I wanted to ask you something else too."

"Okay. What is it?"
"I know we just met each other but would you like to go out on a date with me?"

Woah. "Um..."

"We can make it a double date. I'll ask Joe and his girlfriend."

I grinned. "Okay." I tried to not sound too eager, but it's not every day that the person you've practically worshipped for the past 3years asks you out on a date.

"Cool." He said happily. "Dinner, tomorrow night at 6? I'll pick you up."

"Okay." I think that's all I could say.

Pete stood up and offered his hand out to help me up. He pulled me up quickly so that I stumbled and our faces were inches from each other. He gave a little grin. "I meant to do that."

"Very funny. Too bad it didn't work." I said backing up.

He pretended to pout for a minute before taking my arm and walking me to my car, which was parked on the curb. I got in the driver's side and rolled down the window. "Bye Peter." I said teasingly and blew a kiss. He pretended to catch it and put it in his pocket. Dork.





The next day, Adam, Kevin and Dylan came over again and we worked for a few hours before I kicked them out so I could get ready for my date. They went out the door making kissy faces at me. Such mature boys.

I showered and threw on some clothes. I decided on a black top that could pass for either casual or nice and some dark jeans. As I checked myself in the mirror, I made a mental note to get some dye to redo the streak of blue in my blonde hair. It was starting to fade. Just as this thought occurred to me, the doorbell rang. Here goes nothing. I left my room where I was standing, grabbed my bag and jacket that were laying on the couch and went to answer the door. Pete stood there smiling down at me. "Hi."

"Hello." I answered cheerfully.

"Joe and Tanaya are in the car." He told me.

We walked down to the street and Pete opened the back door so I could see the people inside. "You know Joe." He told me. I nodded. "This is his girlfriend, Tanaya. Tanaya, this is Alex." I looked at the girl that Joe had his arm around. She was about my age, or a little younger with dark brown hair and eyes. I smiled at her. "I like your hair." I said motioning to the tips of her hair, which were dyed pink.

She smiled back. "Same to you." She said pointing to my blue streak.

"Well, what do you think of MY hair?" Pete said dramatically, pulling off the hat he had had on. His bangs were partially dyed red.

I blinked. "When did that happen?"

"This afternoon. I got bored."
"I like it." I said honestly.

"Well we all know that my hair's the best so just get in the car and drive, Wentz." Joe said with a smirk on his face.

Pete threw up his hands in mock defeat. "It is true. No one can beat your hair." With that, he opened the passenger door for me, slid himself into the driver's seat and started off towards the restaurant.



Dinner was fun and it passed uneventfully, unless you count when Pete dragged Joe over to the fish tank and they started taking pictures of themselves by it. Joe was in the middle of taking a shot of Pete making a fish face when a waiter made them come back to the table. Joe sat down shaking his head. "No respect for my creative genius." He said sadly. Tanaya whacked him lightly on the back of the head. "Genius?" She laughed. "I think not."

After dinner was over, Pete dropped Tanaya and Joe off at Joe's house. "Be good now! Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" He called to them as they walked up the driveway. I'm not sure, but I think I saw Joe flip him off and I head Tanaya answer Pete. "Alright, so we'll do whatever we want."

Pete laughed and continued to my house. He stopped in front of my apartment building and said, "Stay there." He got out of the car and came around to open my door for me.

"Well, aren't you the gentleman." I smiled.

He just took my hand and walked me up to my door. "Thank you for going out with me tonight, Alex. I had a really great time with you."

I blushed. "You're welcome and I had a great time too. Thanks for dinner."

He gave my hand a final squeeze and started walking away.

"Wait." I called. I wanted to give the perfect night the perfect ending.

He turned and came back to me. "Yes?" He said.

I closed the gap between us with one step and placed my arms around his neck. He smiled and I think he realized what I was about to do because he beat me to it by leaning down and kissing me softly on the lips. Ipulled away slowly and grinned up at him. "Goodnight."

He let go of my waist and returned the smile. "Goodnight."He said and walked away.
Sign up to rate and review this story