Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > It's Not Like It Hurts That Much Anyway

Chapter Twenty Seven

by ryanrossISsove 3 reviews

William realizes something. Ellie comes over to talk about feelings. William cries. He'll never be happy.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-08-30 - Updated: 2007-08-30 - 1221 words

0Unrated
William’s POV-

As I laid, sprawled across the couch the next morning, my head on my temples, I groaned in agony.
I was suffering from a major headache.

I was never good with dealing with pain, especially early in the morning.

“Oh god…” I moaned.

“Oh god, please…just kill me now. Spare the trouble of putting me through all this agony, and just kill me now…” I pleaded.

Suddenly, I heard someone come through the door.

“Who are you talking too?” I heard.

I shifted my eyes, from my knees, to the doorway.

Ellie.

“Oh…I have a headache…” I said, grasping my head in a different position, and groaning.

“Ah, I see. Do you own any Advil?” she asked.

“Uh…in the medicine cabinet…above the sink…I’m in too much pain…” I said.

She rolled her eyes, and chuckled, as she waltzed off to grab me some relief.

Not soon enough, as I was suffering, she came waltzing on back.

“Here, take these.” she said, pulling me up, and handing me three Advil pills.

I shoved them in my mouth, and swallowed.

“Drink up.” she said, handing me a glass of water as I washed them down.

I swallowed again.

“Thank you.” I said, looking up at her.

“Hey, no problem.” she said.

“Where’s Sisky?” I asked.

“Sisky is shopping. He needs new “threads” for tour.” she said.

“Oh, tour shopping already?” I asked.

“Well, you guys only have a month left…” she said.

I nodded.

“Yeah, but I’m a procrastinator.” I told her, feeling my headache slowly start to feel.

She smiled, and giggled a bit.

“Yes, you are.” she said, messing up my hair.

“Question?” I asked her.

“Anything?” she said, sitting.

“Do you-like my hair?” I asked.

“What?” she asked.

I reached for my hair, tugged a lock, and asked again.

“Do you like it? Is it ugly?” I asked her.

She started laughing.

“What?” I asked.

She slowly gained her composure, and shook her head.

“What?” I asked, again.

“William, that’s not questionable. Everyone, and I mean, everyone loves your hair. It’s amazing. Why?” She asked, running three fingers through my mane.

“Well.” I said, sighing.

“I came about this close to cutting the entire lot off last night…” I said, showing her a tiny measurement with my fingers.

“WHAT!” she said, immediately slapping me across the face.

I held my face.

“Bitch.” I chuckled.

Then, I turned to look at her. She had the straightest face on.

“I didn’t though, and I’m not planning on it…I don’t know what came over me, really…” I said.

She shook her head.

“I almost can’t believe that…” she said.

“I know…I know…really stupid…I know.” I said.

“That’s so gay…” she said.

It was silent.

I curled my lips in.

“Thanks.” I said. I know how she meant it. It’s pretty funny actually, she acts like a middle schooler, I swear.

She gasped, and covered her mouth.

I just bit my lip, and chuckled.

“I’m so sorry William!” she said, wrapping her arms around my neck.

She let go.

“Hey, it’s cool.” I said.

“No…no it’s not…” she said.

“I’m fine, really…no offensive taken whatsoever.” I said.

“I shouldn’t say those things….it’s a stupid comeback anyway…it’s a stupid word…” she said.

“Hey, I said it was alright. Don’t worry about it.” I said.

“Are you sure?” she asked.

“Yeah, positive. It’s not like it hurts that much anyway. That I can’t have Pete, that is.” I said.

She nodded.

“You really love him, don’t you?” she asked, in a somber tone.

I sighed.

“Yeah. I really do.” I said.

“Tell me how you feel.” she said.

“What?” I asked, kind of stimulated, switching my position, into a substantial sit.

“Tell me everything. How do you feel every time you see him?” she asked.

“Well, I get these butterflies in my stomach.” I said, motioning my hands onto my stomach.

She nodded her head, and kept me going.

“And…sometimes I stutter. Sometimes, I don’t know what to say, because I’m afraid I’ll say the wrong thing. Afraid that maybe I’ll somehow let the cat out of the box.”

She nodded. This feels good.

“Sometimes, I just want to…have him. All to myself, you know? I don’t want to share him, romantically of course. I hate Ashlee. Sometimes…no wait, all the time, I feel like I’m not good enough for him, because if I was, maybe he’d notice me…in that way. I never really feel hot, and confident around him. I’m really self conscious…I guess you could say.”

She just bit her lip, nodding.

“William, you have a problem.” she said.

“Why? Why do I have a problem?” I asked.

“This whole Pete thing, it’s ruining your life…are you happy?” she asked.

“Yeah…I am. I like my life…” I said.

“Well, you just said…nothing short of nothing positive about being in love with Pete. I’m not so sure it’s healthy.” she said.

“Well, I can’t help it, Ellie.” I said.

“Maybe you should…I don’t know…maybe we could find you a girlfriend or something.” she said.

I sighed.

“You want to change me.” I mumbled.

“No, no William. If I wanted to change you I’d have done it by now, otherwise you wouldn’t be my best friend. I want to help you. You seem miserable.” she said.

I nodded. I understand where she’s coming from.

“Can I just try something?” I asked her.

“What?” she asked.

“This.” I said, quickly pressing my lips against hers. She kissed back at first, then, pulled away after a good long five seconds had passed.

“William…what was…” she said, scratching the back of her neck, before I cut her off.

“I didn’t feel anything.” I told her.

“Oh-oh, okay, I get it. You were checking to see if you-” she started.

“Are still attracted to girls. Yes.” I said, cutting her off.

“So? You didn’t feel anything? Not even a sex appeal?” she asked.

“No…nothing.” I said.

“Maybe I’m not bi at all. Maybe I’m just straight up gay…a flamer. A faggot. I’m a disgusting homo.” I said, getting down quickly.

“William stop it! There’s nothing wrong with you!” she said, getting upset.

“Yes, there is. Now, I have to go on living a lie for the rest of my life.” I said.

“Why? Because your afraid of what people will think of you?” she asked.

“Yes.” I said.

She sighed.

“So, your going to marry a woman, and have kids…pretending your straight till the day you die?” she asked.

I nodded.

“That’s my initial plan so far.” I said.

“When are you truly going to be happy, William?” she asked.

“The day Peter Wentz falls in love with a failure like me.” I said, turning my head, as a tear slowly dribbled out of the corner of my eye, rolling down my lanky face, and dripping onto my lap off the tip of my cheek.
Sign up to rate and review this story