Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We Like Movies

We Gotta Get Out Of Here

by MCArmyWife 3 reviews

A different kind of experience

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Erotica - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-09-01 - Updated: 2007-09-01 - 1614 words

3Insightful
I was with Alicia the next morning drinking coffee when a very tired looking Mikey joined us.
“You don’t look like you’ve slept at all.” I told him as I returned from grabbing him a cup of coffee. He nodded a thank you and took a sip.
“I didn’t,” he finally answered.
Alicia snuggled next to him on the sofa. “What’s wrong, baby?”
He glanced at me then back down at his coffee. “Think all go check on the Meet and Greet plans.” I said standing up. Tonight’s concert was the last before the band had a few days off. I wanted to make sure that everything ran smoothly.
“Laura, you don’t need to go.” Mikey said softly.
“No, it’s okay if you and Alicia want to talk.”
He shook his head, “That’s not what I’m talking about. You don’t need to go to Jersey with us.”
I sat back down very confused. “But Gerard asked me to go. He said he wants me to met your mom.”
Mikey looked over at Alicia, “Where is my brother?”
“Interview about his comic, remember?”
Mikey relaxed slightly. “Yeah, the comic.” He took another sip of coffee. “Look I’m not sure why he asked you. I mean when Alicia told me last night I freaked. That’s why I haven’t slept. I’m trying to figure out just what the fuck is going on in my brother’s head and it’s making me crazy.”
Shit, the Brothers Way confused me. “Mikey, what the fuck is going on? Why are you freaking cause he wants me to met your mom?”
He sighed, “He hates to go home. You think my brother is strange now? Shit, when he’s home its like he’s obsessed. In front of mom he’s just plain old Gerard but fuck, when she’s not around…” His words trailed off.
“So what’s wrong with home? I took another drink of coffee happy to have the caffeine soaring through my brain.
“I honestly don’t know. It never used to be like this. Growing up we were happy. But something happened when the band started. The first time we went home after “Three Cheers” he went wild. Yeah, Gerard had always drank but this was beyond that. It was like he was trying to destroy himself. When we got back on the road it was a little better.”
I looked at him and wondered what he was holding back. This was my chance to ask him something I needed to know. “Mikey, who is the dead girl who is tormenting your brother?”
He dropped his coffee cup. Splat right on the floor. Alicia scrambled to grab a rag to soak up the mess. Mikey and I continued to stare at each other. He didn’t have to answer because Gerard arrived back at the bus.
He walked in looked psyched, “Hey, great interview the guy really understood my work.”
None of us said anything and he frowned. Then he noticed the coffee on the rug. Alicia walked over with a rag and started to sop some of it up. “What happened?” Gerard asked.
“Dropped my coffee cup.” Mikey answered with a forced shrug.
“And you all look like…..shit what’s that expression about headlights? Laura, you should know it.”
I snapped out my previous mood. “What I’m Queen of Weird sayings?”
He smiled and leaned down to kiss me, “For sure.”
“Deer caught in the headlights.” I said. He was so happy it was making me sad. Whenever he was like this I just felt like he was trying so hard to be happy. It never lasted long.
“Deer caught in the headlights, that’s cute.” He reached out and grabbed my hand. “Hey, it’s a beautiful day. Lets go for a ride.”
I smiled at him. Lord, the man was fucking beautiful. “Okay, sounds good.”
“Don’t forget we have an interview at 3:00” Ray had walked in without being noticed. “I’d hate for you two to get all caught up in the magic of love and forget.”
As soon as he said love, Gerard’s good mood evaporated. Well fuck. I was getting tired of Ray messing up things. In the back of my mind I really believed his intentions were good but I hated anyone messing with Gerard.
“I forgot about the interview.” He looked at me. “Guess we’ll have to do it another time.”
Fuck, fuck, fuck. Now I was in a mood. I looked at Mikey and Alicia. I looked at Ray. Actually I glared at Ray. I looked at Gerard who looked so resigned. “Okay, here’s the deal. It’s 10 am. The interview isn’t until 3 pm. plenty of time to go for a ride.” I turned to Ray. “We won’t get all caught up in anything. Well be back in time, so chill.”
Ray glared back. “Gerard said you would do it another time.”
“Thank you so much for repeating that.” I said in a sugar sweet voice. “But I heard him. I just don’t accept what he said. He and I are going for a ride.”
We both turned to Gerard. He looked a Ray and then at me. Good Lord I had never seen him look so unsure. “Gerard you look like a deer caught in the headlights.”
He smiled slightly, “Do I, really?’
I nodded ‘Yeah, really.” I walked over to him and snaked my arm around his waist. Ray was staring at us.
Gerard still hadn’t moved. I leaned over and whispered in his ear. “Get you fucking cute ass in the van, Way.”
He snickered. “See ya later.” He said to Mikey and Alicia. He didn’t even glance at Ray.
We got in the van and pulled away from the bus. There were so many things I wanted to ask him but I remained silent. I now completely understood that Gerard was a man on the brink of self-destruction. I had to find a way to help him before he fell.
“I hate these fucking captains chairs,” he said pulling into traffic.
“Why?’
He smiled, “Cause we can’t sit together. I wanted to take a ride with my arm around you.”
I smiled at him and he smiled back. However within a blink of an eye the smile slipped. “Laura, you understand that I’m fucking crazy, don’t you?”
“You’re not crazy, Gerard.” I answered immediately.
He shook his head, “Yeah, I am and you know it. What I don’t understand is why you don’t get away while you can.”
“Fuck, Gerard. Here I thought we were gonna have a nice drive together and you’re starting shit.” I glanced to the back of the van and spotted a large cooler. That would be perfect. I unhooked my seat belt and went to pull it forward. Gerard was watching me with a puzzled expression. I put in between the captain chairs and sat on it. Now I was right next to him. No seatbelt but shit, it just didn’t matter. I looked over at him. He was watching the traffic. I sighed and reached out to pick up his arm and place it around my shoulders. “There that’s better.”
When I looked into his face he was smiling. “You are an amazing woman.” He said softly.
“Yep, I am. Now, here we are on a nice day out for a drive. Just a normal man and woman. So tell me about the interview.”
His whole posture relaxed and his fingers on my shoulder started to caress my skin. “It was rad. The guy, Steve, really was into my comic. He and I talked a lot about comics and artists.”
I smiled as I listened to his voice. He was so passionate about his work. We talk for over an hour then stopped for lunch. In a small roadside café I saw another side to Gerard. We were just finishing up our lunch when our waitress, an older woman, dropped off our check. I watched Gerard pull out his wallet and pay adding $300.
“Hell of a tip” I muttered. He nodded and we got back in the van.
“Gerard why did you leave her an extra $300 dollars?”
He glanced in the mirror before pulling back onto the road. “I was listening to her talk to another waitress. She needed $300 for her son’s medical bill. He was skateboarding and took a bad fall.”
I was amazed, “You heard all of that?”
“Yeah, sometimes I can tune into other peoples conversations pretty easily.”
I snuggled nearer to him. I wanted to tell him how nice that was but I was afraid he would fall back into “no I’m evil” mode. I simply hugged him.
We got back to the bus at 2:30. No sigh of Ray pacing so I took that as a good sign. As we walked towards the bus hand in hand Gerard stopped.
“Laura”
Oh fuck here is comes, I thought. “Way, I swear to God if you say something like this day was all an act I’m gonna wipe up the pavement with you.”
“Wipe up the pavement?’ He laughed. “Shit, I wasn’t gonna say that.”
“So what are you gonna say?” I asked
He leaned over and whispered in my ear, “Psycho”
Holy crap, “Psycho?” Okay we were going to see his mother tomorrow and the movie was “Psycho”?
He briefly nipped my earlobe then smiled, “Fuck Laura, you look like a deer caught in the headlights.”
Sign up to rate and review this story