Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Knowing

Is This The Start?

by Kailos 0 reviews

What would it be like for two muggle girls to burst into his life and find they're just as powerfull as him and just as experienced as him, or more experienced? Scary? Great? Confusing... "He went ...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry,Hermione,Ron - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-08-17 - Updated: 2007-09-04 - 1415 words

-1TrainWreck
Chapter 1.

Knowing

Start?

By Kailos

.¸¸.·´¨»«´¨·. ¸¸..¸¸.·´¨»«´¨·. ¸¸..¸¸.·´¨»«´¨·. ¸¸.

Harry walked into the Great Hall. It was the start of his seventh year at Hogwarts. In a way he felt different, it kept nagging him the back of his brain. He pushed it away and thought of different things, maybe it was the fact he was supposed to be at Godric's Hollow, but instead was here.

As he walked to the Griffindor table, he saw Hermione cheerfully waving him to sit next to her. He walked over and sat down.

Straight away he started talking to her, he asked her, “Hey Hermione. I have a question to ask you before we start the feast. Why do you and Ron keep looking at me then whispering to each other?”

Hermione looked at him surprised. She managed to stutter “Y-y-you don’t know?”

She stuttered this as soon as Ron in came and asked, “Has the feast started yet? I’m starving!”

Harry sighed and turned to Ron, he said to Ron “look at your plate. Is it empty or full?”

When Ron saw that his plate was empty, and so was every one else’s, his face slumped with disappointment.

Hermione sighed with annoyance and pleaded with Ron “Ron, just for this year, can you please widen your observations skills? PLEASE!” Ron looked offended, and started muttering to himself darkly about how it wasn’t his fault, when Dumbledore stood up to make an unexpected speech.

Everybody immediately quietened, puzzled, “Today we have a change in the timetable, only a small one. We will have the first years sorted. Then we have two extra students who are 16 turning 17starting in the seventh year...” there where whispers (“nobody has ever started in the seventh year straight away!”) Dumbledore continued as if he hadn’t heard, “...We have excepted them for the outstanding amounts of O’s in their OWL’s, then I will welcome you all properly. Then...” he said with a twinkle in his eyes “...The feast will begin!”

As he sat down the Great Hall doors burst open and the first years filed in after Professor Macgonagall, but there where no 16 or 17 year olds that he could see. Professor Macgonagall walked up the stairs, got the stool and put the hat on top.
The hat started its new song ;

I once was a tidy looking hat,
That was shared between many,
I was loved by all my owners,...

Harry couldn’t help but zone out. He started looking around the Great Hall. He looked to the ajar doors, while everyone else was staring at the hat. A girl appeared, her head and shoulder showing only, a giddy look on her face as she stared wide-eyed at the hat. As Harry stared another girl appeared along with the first and they looked at each other in excitement, then back at the hat.

Then first girl he had seen said something to the second girl, the second girl replied.
Harry blinked.
When he looked back at the doors, they where gone.

Harry thought he had been dreaming, he shook his head and turned back to the sorting hat.

The sorting had begun! The second student was being sorted “HUFFLEPUFF” The Hufflepuff table erupted into applause.

He watched. He was still intrigued about the way the sorting hat sorted people. He had experienced it once and he was awed on how it could discern if you where brave and belonged to Griffindor, or sly and belonged in Slytherin, or kind and belonged to Hufflepuff, or intelligent and belonged in Ravenclaw. It was still amazing how the hat could still amaze him.

The last student was sorted “GRIFFINDOR!” Harry clapped along with the other Girffindors as he sat down.

Professor Macgonagall called out “ The sixth years! Onyx Ashwood!” The second girl he thought he had “dreamed” came striding into the hall walked up the steps and ruffly plonked the hat on her head. The hat took quite a while to decide finally it said,

“SLYTHINDOR! Erhm, erhm. I mean, SLYTHERIN!!! ”

The Slytherins burst into applause. Onyx Ashwood grabbed the Sorting Hat of her head, and put it on the stool. She then walked over to the Slytherin table and plonked herself next to snivelling Draco Malfoy.

(A/N: Well he takes after the first snivellus! Snape himself! ^_^)

Onyx Ahwood turned to the Sorting Hat as Professor Macgonagall said “Zora Black!”

There where whispers as the first girl he had seen walked in.

(“A black!?! I thought Sirius was the last!!!” were the many whispers throughout the hall).

Zora Black walked up to the stool and gently placed it on her head. This time the school waited even longer then they had for Onyx Ashwood.

As Harry waited with the rest of the school, he studied her face. Her eyes where wide with excitement, she had the giddy look from before on her face... but then he noticed her eyes. They where dark brown, a very unique brown filled with so many emotions they were hard to discern. She also had dark brown hair that could be mistaken for a black, with copper red streaks in her hair.

Zora's eyes had been roving around as Harry was studying her face, her eyes landed on him. All she did was wink. Just that! A WINK!! No eyes widening in sock or anything!!!

Harry was so surprised by that little wink, that he jumped when the hat shouted. Zora didn’t flinch at all, now that he thought about it neither did Onyx. They where both... fearless, or completely stupid.

“GRIFFERIN!!...” there where whispers yet again.

(“The hat’s never made a mistake!!, and surely not TWO in A ROW!!!” More whispers going throughout the hall)

Even Dumbledore, sitting behind Zora on the stool, the hat on her head, looked a bit puzzled.

The hat continued, “Erhm, erhm, I mean...” Everyone that sat there in the hall thought he was going to say Griffindor, you could tell by everyone’s faces”...SLYTHERIN!!!”.

Everyone was so shocked that the Slytherins where even late to clap.

Zora Black gave the Sorting Hat Professor Macgonagall, and walked to the Slytherin table, sat down to the other new seevnth year student, and started talking to her like they were Best Buds! They probably where.

He started to study the other girl, Onyx, She looked like she had Chinese heritage, or more like it was obvious she had Chinese heritage, had those same brown eyes full of unidentfiable emotions, but this time she had completely black hair.

Onyx, as if she had felt his attentive stare, turned around and looked him directly in the eyes, when she noticed whom he was, her eyes widened with shock and she instantly turned back to, what was her name, the Black? Zora, wasn’t it? Yes that was it, and said something to her, Zora just nodded. Zora then turned to Harry and winked again. She was so calm in everything she did, it was unerving.

ANOTHER WINK!!!

Just two winks!

Harry turned back to his plate and joined in the conversation that Ron and Hermione where having. He went to say something to, when he noticed something different about Ron's face.

Harry started to list of Ron's normal features trying to figure out what was wrong. Red hair, freckles, white eyebrows...WAIT!! WHITE EYEBROWS!?!?! Then Harry worked it out. Ron had a plate in front of him that was almost clean of everyting that he had oiled up, but Harry saw the small left over peices on Ron's plate. Ron had been eating his favourite dish, MASH POTATOES!!!!
“Ron, um eyebrows!”

Ron looked puzzled, and then he realised what Harry was trying to say. Ron wiped all the mash potatoes from his eyebrows and slurps it off his fingers, earing a disgusted glance from the passing Bloody Baron.

Hermione shuddered and turned back to her own meal, she would never understand just how Ron could bear doin that.

Harry stole one last glance at the pair on the Slytherin table he tinks that he'd seen both those pair's of eyes before. Those undoubtedly unique featurs.

Once the thought crossed his mind, he pushed it away. How could he have seen these people before? This was their first year at Hogwarts and they certainly didn't look English. So there was no way he could have seen them before...Or could ther have been???

.¸¸.·´¨»«´¨·. ¸¸..¸¸.·´¨»«´¨·. ¸¸..¸¸.·´¨»«´¨·. ¸¸.

A/N: Please, please make me happy by writing a review.
Sign up to rate and review this story