Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Window to the Soul

Discoveries

by Magical_Me 1 review

The wizarding world finds Harry and they are surprised to say the least...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor - Characters: Dumbledore, Harry, Hermione, Lupin, Ron, Sirius - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-12-29 - Updated: 2005-12-30 - 1432 words

5Insightful
Disclaimer - I don't, surprisingly enough, own Harry Potter. Sadly.

A/N - /SS/.Parseltongue./SS/

Chapter One - Discoveries
In every cry of every man
In every infants cry of fear,
In every voice, in every ban
The mind-forged manacles I hear.

London - William Blake (songs of experience)

It is now almost nine years since we last saw Harry Potter huddled up in a tight ball in that dangerous forest in Surrey. In those nine years he has changed a lot. He is still the half starved raven haired boy, but now he has grown to six foot, and his hair, which will always be unruly, is now longer, it can almost be out into a pony tail, but that is not the only change to his hair, no, along with the black he now has several white and green streaks and also has one scarlet red streak that falls into his emerald eyes. The strange thing about these streaks of colour in this boys hair is that they are natural. The lightning bolt scar, he will always have that scar, and he knows it and realises that on several occasions it has helped him and saved his life, but along with that scar there are several others to accompany it. The biggest change to those who would have seen him nine years is his eyes. They no longer hold the pain, fear and other emotions so clear for everyone to see. They are dead. There is no twinkle in these eyes when the boy laughs. However if the people in the room with this boy ever had the chance to look closely into his eyes they would have seen that they look angry, almost feral. This boy, or even man, is no longer the shy but polite little boy who fled for his life at the age of six nine years ago. He is a feral, wild, dangerous animal and at the moment which we find him, he is cornered.

*

Harry sat in the blindingly white room, struggling against the bonds which tied him to the chair which he was sitting on. Movement in the room made him stop and look up. Entering the room were three men. One had long white hair and a beard that matched his hair in everything including length and sharp bright blue eyes that twinkled, he looked at Harry and the ever present twinkle was no longer present. He turned around to face the other two men who had entered. One had long black hair and blue eyes. Harry recognised thia man to be the recently found innocent Sirius Black. Harry looked at him briefly and then turned to the other man stood next to him. Suddenly he growled deep within him throat and struggled violently against his bonds.

The guards looked at the violently struggling boy in shock then ran forward to stop him. the feral boy lashed out and tried to bite his captors until a yell stopped them from restraining him.

"Stop! Don't let him bite you! Leave him alone!" The last man ran forward and placed himself in front of the boy.

"Remus, what do you mean? Do you know something about him?" Harry growled at Remus and struggled even more against his bonds, trying his hardest to reach this man who was causing him so much distress. Remus turned and looked Harry straight in the eyes, and the rest in the room were shocked to see him stop struggling.

"He is something. Not quite human, and I can sense something, not Werewolf, but certainly dark. What are you?" he muttered the last question to the now gently growling, but still boy, directly.

"Have you questioned him?" the old man asked one of the guard Aurors standing near the door.

"Yes, but he didn't speak to us. We even questioned him under the influence of Veritaserum but he either growled or looked at us blankly. We don't think that he can speak." The younger of the two aurors, a young woman with bubblegum pink hair, said. Suddenly Harry stopped growling and looked down at his chest. Then something happened that shocked everyone in the room even more. He spoke... well hissed. What shocked everyone the most was the pure white, baby boa constrictor that appeared out of his chest.

*

Harry stopped growling and looked down at his chest as he felt his bonded, Persephone, moving and then appear out of his shirt.

/SS/.Massster, are you ok? You have been struggling for a while now but have not called upon me. Would you like me to kill the wolf-man?./SS/ the snake hissed, moving threateningly towards Remus.

/SS/.No Perse. Leave him, but stay with me. I do not want to be alone with these people./SS/ Harry replied, shocking everyone present in the room. Harry then turned to face the other two men who arrived with Remus.

/SS/.What do you want with me? Let me go home! Please!./SS/ he hissed, begging then and for that short space of time. Sirius stepped forward, frowning and placed his hand on his shoulder, suddenly emerald green flames flared up around Harry, burning Sirius' hand in the process. Sirius lept back yelping, as Harry angrily hissed at him. the old man then stepped forward and looked at Harry.

"Now Harry. I don't know if you can understand me but we have been searching for you for nine years, nearly ten. Now from now on you will be living at Hogwarts, during the school year you will live with your housemates and then during holidays you will stay in the quarters of Sirius, who as your legal guardian and godfather, will be watching over you." The man said, making Harry growl, the fire to flare even more violently and a look of sheer panic and anger to quickly pass over Harry's face.

SS/.No! No! I want to return to my home! My family! Persephone! Tell them! Why won't they listen to me?./SS

SS/.They cannot understand you. They do not speak our ancient and noble language./SS Harry looked at his snake and then back to the people in the room and sighed in defeat. If they couldn't speak his language how would he be able to speak to anyone? He didn't want to go anyway. He didn't want to leave his family. These people didn't understand what he was, and he couldn't quite bring himself to trust the Werewolf, if anyone at all. He still had occasional nightmares about his supposed family, the Dursleys, and being sent back to them. These people would trap him inside and for all he knew they could be the same as the family which he was made to live with for the first five years of his life.

*

Sirius watched in shock as the boy in front of him, his godson, begged them in another language and then as the snake seemed to pacify him. he still couldn't understand how Lily and James' son could speak parseltongue, and how it was all he seemed to speak. Where had he been for the last nine years and how had he survived? All these questions to be answered but how could he get the answers? No one except Voldemort could speak parseltongue, which of course didn't bode well for Harry. Suddenly the flames around the boy disappeared and Harry was calm. If not looking slightly defeated.

*

We can now watch as the selfish, if not slightly foolish wizards lead Harry and Persephone out of the room. No one quite dares to touch the boy and so his hands remain tied up. When this slightly odd party arrives in the main entrance hall of the ministry of magic, they stop to collect all of Harry's possessions. They include, amongst many other items, two wands, a sword with emeralds embedded in the hilt, three daggers with sapphires and a lethal looking piece of wire, which disturbingly enough, seems to be stained with blood. As all of the objects are passed to him, he expertly places then in several places all over his body. Five minutes later he has finished and the group holds onto an old tatty shoe and disappear.

A/N - Well this chapter is up. Please review to tell me what you think of it and if you have any suggestions. I personally like the idea of Harry only being able to speak in parseltongue. I however have a question. Should Harry be able to speak another language that exists? Like French or German? Please let me know.
Sign up to rate and review this story