Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > This Is how We'll Be, Oh Glory.

Memories, like embers, keep us warm part 1

by xcandix

Read and review please :D sorry its short the second part it so much longer.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2007-09-04 - Updated: 2007-09-04 - 1006 words

?Blocked
Maddy's POV


The room I'm lying in is ungodly white. I look at the ghostly white, fabricated walls. I take in the blinding fluorescent lights, although they send waves of shock and pain from my iris to my cornea.

"Where am I?" I ask myself out loud.

But I know all too well of my unfortunate where-abouts. I've been here before. In daydreams, light slumbers and deep sleeps. The room is empty, motionless and stagnet with an emotionless charm. It contains nothing but an elevator door. The door has never opened and poses no button for me to open it with. There is just an elevator door and the indicator above it with an arrow pointing to the "G". It stands for the ground floor, I'm assuming. I waste my time carelessly, letting my mind reach a place of wonder that is has waiting so long to once again inhabit. I close my eyes as I think because I don't want the light to blind me. I try to think of a memory, but my mind goes blank. 'What's my name?' I ask. 'Where do I come from', 'Do I have a family?'. Nothing. It's like staring at another white room inside of my head. I've become very cold. As i start to open my eyes I heara winding noise followed by a ping. My pupils dart from the ceiling to the elevator, and my body follows. I wait impatiently as the arrow slowly passes the numbers. It takes for what feels like a little less than an eternity. The arrow finally reaches the number 19 and the door retracts with a loud, abnoxious ping. Inside the elevator stand a young looking guy. He has curly, ear-length, chestnut brown hair. His eyes, also brown, embrace tiny flecks of gold. His lips are full, bee-tung and of a lively pink color.

"Who are you?" I ask.

The boy's expression turns to surprise.

"Maddy, you know who I am," the stranger replies.

"Maddy! Is that my name?"

He nods.

"And what is yours?" I ask.

"Maddy it's me, Aiden,"

Aiden? Aiden! With that thought a million memories flee to the inside of my mind like a heat wave without warning. I am Maddy! And Aiden is my brother! My twin! He reaches over and gives me a hug and a kiss.

"Maddy, I love you but you have to let me go."

"What? Why?"

"I will always be there watching you and keeping you safe, but you can't leave me locked inside you sad soul forever. Let me go. Be happy. I will always be here, in your dreams whenever you need me."

I felt tears stream down my face.

"Goodbye Maddy, I love you."

And with that the door slammed shut and the arrow descended. It got cold again.

"AIDEN NO!" I screamed as I began banging on the elevator door. My hands and knuckles drew blood."COME BACK, I DON'T WANT TO LET GO!"

"Maddy, Maddy," I heard a faint voice call. "Maddy," it became clearer. My eyes shot open to reveal my bedroom and Brendon holding me in his arms.

"Brendon, where's Aiden?" I cried.

"Baby you were having a bad dream."

Then it all came back to me again. Aiden was dead. How could I forget? Even in my dreams? I wanted to cry again, but i remember him saying I need to let him go.

"Maddy are you okay?" Brendon asked with a look of deep concern.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I just had a dream about Aiden."

I smiled and told Brendon all about my dream.

"Sounds like it was really Aiden."

"It was, I know it was."

"But why did you meet on the 19th floor?"

"We're 19, he was 19 when he died."

Brendon was about to open his mouth when the phone rang. It was Pete.

"Maddy?"

"Hey"

"Hi, um I got a call from your brother, Vince. The funeral is today at 7 pm. It's in LA so we have to leave soon. I schedueled a private jet."

"Okay."

"I have to pack, but Ryan and I will pick up Brendon and you in an hour."

"Alright, see you then."

"See ya."

I hung up the phone and turned to look at Brendon.

"The funeral is today at 7 in LA. Pete will be here in an hour so we better pack."

"How long are we planning to be there?"

"Um, I'm not too sure."

"Well this Friday my parents are having a barbeque."

"That only leaves two days to stay in LA. Can you skip it?"

"um-"

"Nevermind, you don't have to. I;m gonna stay in LA for a bit longer if you don't mind."

"Not at all."

"Alright, I'm gonna go get a shower."

"Okay I'll start packing."

I walked over to him and gave him a kiss.

"Love you baby."

"I love you too, Maddy."

I made my way to the bathroom and shut the door behind me. I started the water and felt the steam tingle on my skin. I peeled off my oversized t-shirt and my underwear. I threw them in a corner and stepped into the shower. The water was almost too hot, but not quite. It felt so good as the water melted beneath my skin. I though about Aiden. Why did i have to let him go, especially when it is so easy to mourn. Aiden was always strong, and always there for me too. Now it was my turn.


....
I pace down the hallway. I could feel the bruises Chris had just placed on my body growing. IT was funny how he never cared about how much he hurt me, but when it came to where he was never anything short of clever. Mostly he threw punches at my torso. I ran to Aiden's room crying, silently. He opened the door and did what any older brother would have done, he made me feel safe, even if he is only 5 minutes older than me.
....

The shower curtain opened abruptly. I jumped.
Sign up to rate and review this story