Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Depression Found My Obsession

I Believe In A Thing Called Love

by thatgirlinthecorner 3 reviews

... -hates summaries-

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-09-08 - Updated: 2007-09-08 - 1525 words - Complete

0Unrated
Realized I havent updated in like..forever. So here..
sorry!
XO
-----------------------------------
PETE'S POV

My eyes flickered open.

Dreaming.
Again.
Fuck.

I had to have been. It was dark in my room. The beside clock read 3:56. I rolled over and looked at Roxy, her side moving up and down as she breathed slowly in her sleep. I wondered when these dreams were going to end. When I would really tell her how I felt, when I would really be a man and say it, or break down and say it. She groaned and rolled over and looked at me.

"Why are you staring at me?" She asked, still half asleep. I almost shit myself.

"I'm not staring at you.."

"Okay.." She rolled back over, I held back a laugh, she was exausted, it was obvious.

ROXY'S POV

There was a door slamming from the basement. I rolled over and looked at where Pete was-no Pete. The clock read 6:32, it was still fairly dark out. I looked on the floor-no Pete. I jumped out of the bed and jumped back in-damn it was cold. I pulled the sheets up and shivered. Footsteps were moving up the stairs. I quickly rolled back to the wall and pretended to sleep.

I felt eyes on me.

"I know you're not asleep." I jumped, Pete was laughing.

"Your breathing would have been slower and more relaxed."

"Ugh...how do you figure this stuff out?" He just smiled.

"You getting up?"

"I dunno, it's freezing. I don't want to." He grabbed my bag off the floor and placed it on the bed beside me.

"Whenever you're ready...I'll be downstairs."

"Okay." He shut the bedroom door behind him. I grabbed a pair of jeans, a polka dotted The Clash shirt and some underclothing and went into his bathroom. There was water on the floor and dirty clothes discarded behind the toilet-ew. I found a comb on the counter and picked his underwear up, tossing them out of the bathroom and turned on the shower.

I left his bathroom...MUCH cleaner than I had found it and walked downstairs, the aroma of pancakes filling the room.

"Pancakes?" Andy groaned, moving to the fridge to find something vegan to eat. I stopped on the stairs.

"Yup."

"Pete, you know you're not doing One Tree Hill?" Patrick teased.

"Shut up. Girls like pancakes...right?"

"Sure they do...just like they like bugs, shit, and you." Said Joe, staring at his pancake in disgust..it was a little blackened.

"Joe I don't know what you're talking about, ten year olds lovveee Pete." Laughed Patrick.

"Okay women...and why do I have to have the first pancake? The first ones are always the pancake rejects!" Joe whined.

"Stop whining. You're the one who put it on your plate."

"You're the one who makes peice of shit pancakes!"

"Don't insult my pancakes!" Pete pouted.

"I like pancakes." I said, trying to make sure we avoided any Joe/Pete violence today. Joe prented to choke on a clearly burnt peice of his pancake.

"Put syrup on it and stop being a pain!" exclaimed Patrick, hitting him on the back.

"Thank you." Pete smiled. "Want some?"

"Sure." Andy sat next to me with veggie burger in hand, Pete glared at him a moment then slid a pancake onto a plate for me and gave me an anticipating smile. I took a bite, feeling extreme awkwardness while he watched me eat.

"It tastes fine."

"Thank you." He was still staring at me. I mocked him, staring back.

"What?"

"You're watching me eat."

"Oh-sorry." He sat down between Joe and Andy. Joe was still mumbling things about his pancake.

Andy and Joe left 10 minutes later.

"The pancakes tasted fine." I said randomly. Pete turned around from the sink and smiled.

"Thank you. It's nice to have a compliment every once and a while. To be honest, Joe isn't a good person to be around when trying to build your self esteem."

"Ha. He compliments me.."

"When?" Pete laughed.

"Er..nevermind."

"What?"

"He said I had nice boobs the other night at William's party." I laughed out. Pete nearly dropped the dishes he was holding.

He. Looked. Pissed.

"That's unhuman! I'll kill his-"

"Pete?"

"I can't believe a guy would do that I mean-"

"Guys do it all the time. Are you deaf? I dont think there's one girl in the world who hasn't gotten an uncomfortable comment before. And don't tell me you never have done it to someone."

"Well no-but this is Joe-and you-and-"

"What's the difference?"

"Well Joe shouldn't say that to you he should find some other girl to talk to that way, not my-" He stopped.

PETE'S POV

"Well Joe shouldn't say that to you! He should find some other girl to talk to that way, not my-" I stopped myself. I shouldn't have even started.

"Not your..."

"Not my friends! Seriously.." I returned to the dishes, I felt my face burning with embarassment.

"Pete..is there something you wanted to say? No offense but you're acting kind of weird..."

"No. That's just not gentlemen like you know.."

"Alright.." She said doubtfully and went back upstairs. Why did I flip out over such a little thing? I'm going to embarass my self real soon. I walked upstairs after I finished with dishes.

"Leaving?" She was packing her stuff into her bag.

"Do you want me to go?" She teased.

"No."

"Aww thanks. But I have work today."

"That sucks."

"Why? Because I have to work to earn my money?" She teased again.

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?"

"Awww come on Pete, you could sell a picture of your penis for a million dollars I bet!" I could tell she was joking by the smile on her face, so I really wasn't offended.

"That's it!" I tackled her onto the bed, attempting at tickling. She was shreiking with laughter.

"Pete-" Giggle. "Stop-" Giggle. "Please."

"I do too work for a living!"

"Okay-okay-" Yelp. Giggle. I stopped tickling. Both my legs were on different sides of her body, my face was and inch from hers. I gulped. This was it.

I cupped her face in my hands and kissed her. This was real, I could feel it. The warmth of her lips against mine. She was kissing back, for real. I wanted more contact, but I broke the kiss instead.

"Roxy..I..love you." Her eyes welled with tears. Shit. She didn't want to break my heart. Shit. She doesn't care...

"Pete, I...I think I love you too..." My heart jumped. I kissed her again, it lasted about 6 seconds before she pulled back.

"Pete?"

"Yeah?"

"Those teen girls are going to be pissed off." I laughed and kept kissing her. Moaning against her lips I rolled over on the bed, pulling her on top of me. I slid my tounge against her lips, she allowed me to slip it into her mouth, our tounges fighting for dominance. I could feel myself getting hard. I broke the kiss and stopped. I didn't want to take this too fast. Once I was turned on there wasn't much I could do about it. I loved her, but I wasn't going to ruin this.

"I wish you didn't have to work today." I groaned.

"I know." She rolled off of me and laid her head on my chest. "I've still got thirty minutes before I need to head home."

ROXY'S POV

Pete slid his arms around me. I felt safe behind all those tattoos. Like they were some barrier, protecting us from the rest of the world, defending us from alll of our misery. I closed my eyes and sighed.

"Roxy? Roxy."

"What?"

"You fell asleep." He grinned.

"Ugh. I'm quitting my job today, that's it."

"Is it that easy?"

"No. I just don't want to go to that job anymore. It sucks."

"Don't quit because of me."

"It's not you. Its the perverted freaks I work with. It's the bitchy girls I work with. It's the low paying, boringness I hate. That's why I'm quitting Pete." I got up off the bed and grabbed my bag, Pete reluctantly walked downstairs with me.

I walked the steps to my apartment, followed by Pete, who insisted upon carrying all the boxes and such. I wasn't the kind of girl who used a guy as her shopping cart or anything, and it annoyed me to be letting him do that. I tossed the stuff onto my bed and turned around to Pete.

"Thank you." He smiled.

"It's nothing." He grabbed my waist and kissed me again. He was the best kisser I'd ever met.

"I've got to go to work Pete, I'll see you later okay?"

"I thought you had to quit work today."

"I do. But today's payday. So I'll get my check and be like 'by the way, I quit'."

"Good deal. Bye babe."

"Bye." I kissed him and he left through the front door.

"Damn. Taken." I whipped around.

"Taylor!" I chased him around the house, laughing as hard as I could, no tragedy could intterupt this moment. Not today.
Sign up to rate and review this story